Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6743|Houston, TX
Anyone else see this yet? 

My school buddies and I take pleasure in getting tanked and watching this series in the theatre everytime one comes out.  We basically go to laugh ourselves to pieces at the Rube Goldberg-esque death scenes that the writers concocted for us to watch.  We often get alot of nasty looks/glares and someone usually gives their date the "Oh my G-d, I can't believe that they find this funny!"  (we live for those comments) 

This last weekend we saw part 3 and guffawed ourselves all the through the movie and all the way back to the house as well.  In the middle of the movie, some couple had to leave because they'd ingnorantly setup both their 4 and 6 year old for a lifetime of therapy and shitload of adolescent personality quirks. (WTF do you bring a 4 or 6 year old to a movie like that for?)  We laughed them outta the theatre. (You thought it was Bambi!?!?!?)

If anyone else has seen this, post your favorite death scene.  It could be from any of the series, or your favorite from each one.

Mine:
part 1 - The shock of the bus kill as they step off the curb and WHAM!

part 2 - Not sure...  Is it the double kill of the bronco airbag to pvc impalement followed by the barbed wire fence dissection,  or the first 15 minutes of the film?  Close call there.....

Part 3 - Nail gun, hands down..

Coincedently, after you view this movie, see if you tend to be alittle more paranoid driving home.  I found myself double checking myself even after I'd looked both ways before driving across an intersection.  When walking to the car my buddies and I kept a good margin between us and any vehicles. (walked down the middle of the parking lot, so if someone suddenly passed out while waiting to pick someone up and theirfoot hit the accelerator while their hand slumped on the shifter putting it in reverse and the car backed out suddenly trying to kill one of us,    *gets a breath*    .... we would be ready)

Good stuff though,

KJ
subz3r0mkt
+27|6675
I've only seen Final Destination 2, and it was a wicked-unrealistic but  fun horror film :>  I wanted to see #3 but havn't made any plans to go see it.

My favorite scences would probably have to be the whole freeway part, and the aspect of how they actually show the gory death scenes rather than hiding them.

Also after seeing it, it kinda made me feel a lil extra precautious like how you pointed out.  For exmaple, you'll  think twice about certain harmless things, which all of a sudden may become potentional hazards.  Fun movie, check it out!

Last edited by subz3r0mkt (2006-02-15 16:27:22)

asbad
+19|6719|Ireland
saw it last week, we just wanted to see it because american horror is just a joke to these days, peoples heads exploding and nail guns in the face was the reason we went and thats what we got. other wise ill say the story line was crap

not really worth seeing if you think you have the same frame of mind as myself
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6846|-
I loved the first two! My mom thinks I'm some sort of serial killer 'cause I always fast forward to the parts where they get killed.

...anyway.

I really want to see 3!
KtotheIMMY
+513|6761
Dork.... and ditto on the whole wanting to see it

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I loved the first two! My mom thinks I'm some sort of serial killer 'cause I always fast forward to the parts where they get killed.

...anyway.

I really want to see 3!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6743|Houston, TX
Trig and K2daIMMY - You guys seem like the type who know NOT to go this flick and expect plot.  I saw quite a few couples who seemed to have shown up to the theatre to see some wholesome plot progression and blahblahblah....  We came to see some people die in gruesome, inyourface, holycraptheykilledemlikedthat, style of dying here, this ain't Disney! 

The plot in the movie is barely present. (Maybe I just tuned it out) And with a half bottle of scotch awaiting some movie popcorn to join it in my gut, the movie was spot on what I expected to grimace and laugh at.
Worth a matinee price, but not a Friday nite special.

All in all - a double dismembered two thumbs up.

KJ

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-02-19 13:56:05)

KtotheIMMY
+513|6761
Yay, time for me to hit the theater!!

Kung Jew wrote:

Trig and K2daIMMY - You guys seem like the type who know NOT to go this flick and expect plot.  I saw quite a few couples who seemed to have shown up to the theatre to see some wholesome plot progression and blahblahblah....  We came to see some people die in gruesome, inyourface, holycraptheykilledemlikedthat, style of dying here, this ain't Disney! 

The plot in the movie is barely present. (Maybe I just tuned it out) And with a half bottle of scotch awaiting some movie popcorn to join it in my gut, the movie was spot on what I expected to grimace and laugh at.
Worth a matinee price, but not a Friday nite special.

All in all - a double dismembered two thumbs up.

KJ
elite
+89|6712|Sheffield, England
i seen it, was a good movie, bit to coincidental that a plant of wood landed perfectly and locked to two women in their sunbeds dont ya think. The nail gun part was good also.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys
favorite part in the 2nd one is where the ladder falls into the guys face, and when that log bounces off the ground right into the cop car
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
-(F^S)-Fatty
+3|6723
I must say sometihng was missing form the 3rd one. I didnt feel like they tried to get away form death. MY favorite death was in the third one though, the NAIL gun was soo cool. I think the orginial one was the best
kruelo14
+0|6839
I saw FD3 last night and OMG, best movie evefr made hands down.

Part 1-The school bus death or the beheading by the chain off the train.

Part 2- The impalement most definantly.

Part 3- Every single one of them were good. The nail gun was freaking awesome and omg the football players death was sweet. the two chicks tanning bed death was freaking hott, and the impalement of the little girl with the flag pole was pretty good.
NeoCloud
+0|6679

Kung Jew wrote:

In the middle of the movie, some couple had to leave because they'd ingnorantly setup both their 4 and 6 year old for a lifetime of therapy and shitload of adolescent personality quirks. (WTF do you bring a 4 or 6 year old to a movie like that for?)  We laughed them outta the theatre. (You thought it was Bambi!?!?!?)
Hahahah!  Idiot parents.  Same thing happened when I went to see Underworld 2, cept the parent would just keep telling the kid to be quiet, everytime he saw a warewolf's head being chopped off.

Kung Jew wrote:

"My school buddies and I take pleasure in getting tanked and watching this series in the theatre everytime one comes out."

"Coincedently, after you view this movie, see if you tend to be alittle more paranoid driving home."
I wonder if it was only the movie that made you paranoid, hahahah.

Last edited by NeoCloud (2006-02-19 14:54:53)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6743|Houston, TX

NeoCloud wrote:

I wonder if it was only the movie that made you paranoid, hahahah.
Sure, let's go with that.  IF I was under the influence of... anything, and IF I did notice any cops on the drive home, I was more worried about the dash mounted shotgun malfunctioning and shooting the cop in the face.  His car then would swerve across 3 lanes of I-10 westbound and careem into ANYTHING with more than 10 wheels, which (with true hollywood style) then burst into flames with a spectacular explosion, which then ran over my car and brutally killed my friends and I, as we burned to death in the fiery 30+car pileup, which then yadayadayada....

KJ
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver
umm am the only one who felt cheated on this movie...same plot...worse actors...more gore....i want my money back
Shin_Seffron
+2|6651

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

umm am the only one who felt cheated on this movie...same plot...worse actors...more gore....i want my money back
Id of thought that was blatantly obvious in the title...
You cant polish a turd

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard