jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.

ThaReaper wrote:

jord wrote:

ThaReaper wrote:

We're all biased anyways so this thread is useless.
Edited to increase credibility.
Stop editing my shit. Ho.
Yes Sergeant!
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5984|England

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

200 Basic trained Riflemen vs. 100 Advanced trained SAS = pretty heavy losses on both sides.
Still out numbered 2:1.... Sorry but its a sad fucking day for both sides, but more living wounded Marines in the end...
no wai nab
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6634|Birmingham, UK

SamTheMan:D wrote:

sas
This man will be persistent until you all agree with him - he has been for 6 pages now!

Note that he his British. Note that, thus, so are the SAS.

Therefore, the SAS have persistence and even if they die their spirits will continue fighting until the USMC are all dead.

So concludes this fantastical spiel.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6839|Grapevine, TX

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

200 Basic trained Riflemen vs. 100 Advanced trained SAS = pretty heavy losses on both sides.
Still out numbered 2:1.... Sorry but its a sad fucking day for both sides, but more living wounded Marines in the end...
no wai nab
Hiya nubbi   Do you know what a Marine Rifleman is? Take a few guesses...
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6009|...

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

no wai nab
a blood hungry grizzly bear with guns
inane little opines
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

dayarath wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

no wai nab
no, that would be a grizzly bear armed with a gun, that you are describing
Banned
+856|5984|England

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

no wai nab
a fat shit who doesnt know allies from enemies
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6839|Grapevine, TX

TheDarkRaven wrote:

sas
This man will be persistent until you all agree with him - he has been for 6 pages now!

Note that he his British. Note that, thus, so are the SAS.

Therefore, the SAS have persistence and even if they die their spirits will continue fighting until the USMC are all dead.

So concludes this fantastical spiel.
Noted and thanks.

However the same applies for both SAS and US Marines, just in this crazy niche of the internetz  there are more Marines "killing" SAS...
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6009|...

Mek-Izzle wrote:

dayarath wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

no, that would be a grizzly bear armed with a gun, that you are describing
sorta, and put all that inside the body of a human

you get; strong marine rifleman
inane little opines
Theres almost 200,000 Marines SAS stand no chance. Also you can't compare the SAS operations to how well they will do against Marines most of the missions the SAS went on were against inexperienced terrorists or militaries.

Last edited by †[AøT]§tèálth† (2008-03-16 13:30:39)

jord

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

no wai nab
You can go directly into the marines.

You gotta server 5 years before being in the SAS.

Logic says the SAS are generally more experienced. Though I applaud you for discussing nicely.
BrimstoneFire
+5|6469|Brisbane
i gave up reading a while back.. page 3 i think.. but a quote occurred to me that my olds use to tell me just thinking about this...

3 armies. chinese, british, and the marines

when the chinese shoot the bristish take cover

when the bristish shoot the chinese take cover

when the marines shoot EVERYONE takes cover!

honestly the ratio is far fetched.. I know there have been instances in the past where the odds have been stacked against you and still come out on top.. but seriously.. wtf.. modern day warfare has come a long way where a ratio as bad as that.  Even if the SAS thought they still had a chance and more tactical awareness than the marines severe man power would simply overrun them.

That being said a better ration of something like 50:1 I would reckon the SAS would put up a fair fight.

Also just food for thought.. the Australian SAS is a force to be reckoned with.. if only we had more numbers. Out of all the modern day conflicts of late.. we have had the least casualties.. We gotta be doing something right
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6839|Grapevine, TX

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

no wai nab
Are you bitter about "Real Life" where  British troops were taken out by friendly fire or something?

And watch it, your about to really offend... someone.

While you're at it, show me a "FAT" Marine... DO IT!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6009|...

jord wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

no wai nab

Logic says the SAS are generally more experienced. Though I applaud you for discussing nicely.
selection process and training of marines... most people can't go through those two.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-03-16 13:30:00)

inane little opines
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6263|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
The SAS move at night and lay still in the day in LUP's (laying up point). This prevents heavy casualties and a better success rate in enemy losses/morale/troop movements. By this I mean, could you sleep at night knowing some sneaky bastard SF guy was out there wanting to gut you like a fish and teabag your dying face? Troop movements by day could be hazardous for any enemy wanting to move through the day, if the SAS were planting claymores at night and/or booby traps. Route denial is a great way for denying an enemy and sending them down a certain path in which a 'kill zone' can be set up, with an MG team waiting for the enemy patrol. I would like to think the SAS are better than the Marines in the jungles/wooded areas as that's pretty much what they have trained for since Mr David Sterling set them up and trained them to do. SAS get my vote.
jord

dayarath wrote:

jord wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

selection process and training of marines... most people can't go through those two.
And even less can go through the SAS training/selection.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6578|Mountains of NC

shouldn't the question be .... how fast can the SAS run from the Marines

we would just send in Force Recon and keep infantry on the back burner to rush them
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

In this example definately not. 100 SAS guys against 200 raw riflemen... there is no doubt the SAS have vastly better experience than the riflemen, they would win. Obviously they would suffer loses but they would come out on top.
SAS are overrated though ive never seen them fight a "true" superpower not just 3rd world countries lol. Also Marines are trained to hit a target at 300meters on single shot with an M16 thats pretty far for just Infantry and not Special Forces.

Almost 200,000 Marines vs 100 SAS lol SAS better suicide out before the fighting begins.

Last edited by †[AøT]§tèálth† (2008-03-16 13:35:37)

jord

†[AøT]§tèálth† wrote:

SAS are overrated though ive never seen them fight a "true" superpower not just 3rd world countries lol.
That's because:

A. You haven't seen them at all.
B. Nazi's in World War 2.
C. Falklands.

Not that the marines have ever fought a true "Super power". Whatever the fuck that means.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6263|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

†[AøT]§tèálth† wrote:

SAS are overrated though ive never seen them fight a "true" superpower not just 3rd world countries lol. Also Marines are trained to hit a target at 300meters on single shot with an M16 thats pretty far for just Infantry and not Special Forces.
Didn't the US army fight a certain country once where all they were fighting were pig farmers and dog shit scoopers......Vietnam I think it was!
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6536|Milkystania, yurop
https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/magpie1985/1192296502193.jpg
https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/magpie1985/1187371707937.jpg
checkyoursix123
+3|5935|Canada

NooBesT wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Sorry to dissapoint you but SAS is overrated. The marines are an incredibly strong fighting force, and no 100 man special forces group in the world would be able to stand a chance, if it's jungle warfare I guess they're just going to mow the trees down with 25mm rounds at the start, also spraying fire in a direction where you think enemy forces are is pretty succesfull in wooded areas.
I'm pretty sure that Spetsnaz could do it with backflipping hatchet attack.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 … etsnaz.jpg
HAHA that is hailarious +1!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

no wai nab
I love how the Brits always call AMERICANS fat, yet...

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/5387.php
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_k … _n15329214
http://www.annecollins.com/obesity/uk-o … istics.htm

Almost HALF of British people are fat. HALF.

There's actually more of a fat people-to-actual population ratio in Britain than there is in the USA.

suck on that one, sam

and the Marines would still smoke 100 SAS soldiers.
Banned
+856|5984|England

daddyofdeath wrote:

†[AøT]§tèálth† wrote:

Didn't the US army fight a certain country once where all they were fighting were pig farmers and dog shit scoopers......Vietnam I think it was!
lol vietnam

us most of won right??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard