Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|5981|Halifax, West Yorkshire
I think we all know the answer to this question.
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6512|montreal, quebec

Sas.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.

ThaReaper wrote:

There's over 200,000 marines... You'd be stupid to think that 100 SAS soldiers could take on that many marines. The marines probably wouldn't lose a single guy before killing all the SAS soldiers.
Why would the marines not lose a single guy? That's wishful thinking, they lose guys when attacked by shitty insurgents but won't when attacked by special forces?
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6640|England

xRBLx wrote:

Why ant it US Marines vs UK Royal Marine Commandos?
That would both be on the same level then SAS is not an area of the armed forces that you can just join like the other two.
Commandos are better than standard marines. It's implied in Commandos.

I think you mean US Marines vs Royal Marines

Now that would be interesting.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5971|England

sas by far
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6524|Milkystania, yurop

jord wrote:

ThaReaper wrote:

There's over 200,000 marines... You'd be stupid to think that 100 SAS soldiers could take on that many marines. The marines probably wouldn't lose a single guy before killing all the SAS soldiers.
Why would the marines not lose a single guy? That's wishful thinking, they lose guys when attacked by shitty insurgents but won't when attacked by special forces?
The jarheads would attack during tea time but miss the tea time with eight hours and get bored and invade France instead
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
Anyone that says SAS is living a pipe dream.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5933
I'm tierd of typing, so I've just gota say SAS would be raped.

And I think the KD ratio would be like 1:1

People under estimate the Marines. And people over estimate the SAS. I'd say it's even. And since USMC are more. They would rape.
jord

Bradt3hleader wrote:

People under estimate the Marines. And people over estimate the SAS. I'd say it's even. And since USMC are more. They would rape.
Actually people overestimate both. You said Marines are the best marksman in the world.

I haven't training with every special forces or branch in the world. But I doubt that.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK
lol thread makes me lol.

Clearly the marines would win. 1 sas doesnt equate to 1860 marines...
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5933

jord wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Actually people overestimate both. You said Marines are the best marksman in the world.

I haven't training with every special forces or branch in the world. But I doubt that.
The USMC have to regularly pass the 500m range. I doubt the SAS do that.   So USMC are better marksmen, but SAS are better with stealth.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5958|Washington DC

Bradt3hleader wrote:

jord wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

The USMC have to regularly pass the 500m range. I doubt the SAS do that.   So USMC are better marksmen, but SAS are better with stealth.
The SAS very likely have to be good marksmen.

The USMC and SAS are both excellent, strong forces.
Magpie

Poseidon wrote:

Anyone that says SAS is living a pipe dream.
SAS/Jesus vs USMC

Now what ?

stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!1!!11!1!
jord

Bradt3hleader wrote:

jord wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

You have to server 5 years in the Army before you can even apply for the SAS. That means they only have experiance soldiers who have 5 years shooting.

I don't know everything about their training. But I'm pretty sure they can shoot.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

jord wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

jord wrote:

You have to server 5 years in the Army before you can even apply for the SAS. That means they only have experiance soldiers who have 5 years shooting.

I don't know everything about their training. But I'm pretty sure they can shoot.
From what i understand, they only select the soldiers that excel in every single area of the skills needed.

So in the SAS, they are expert marksmen, demolitions experts, tactical soldiers and so on.

If it was 10 - 1 against the SAS, i'd say the SAS.

But more than 1000-1, Marines.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sgt.Davi
+300|6640|England
MArines, after taking 80% casualties.

Yup....

Suck it flagwavers....
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5958|Washington DC

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Yup....

Suck it flagwavers....
pot calling the kettle black
Sgt.Davi
+300|6640|England

HurricaИe wrote:

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Yup....

Suck it flagwavers....
pot calling the kettle black
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5996|...

FatherTed wrote:

jord wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

From what i understand, they only select the soldiers that excel in every single area of the skills needed.

So in the SAS, they are expert marksmen, demolitions experts, tactical soldiers and so on.

If it was 10 - 1 against the SAS, i'd say the SAS.

But more than 1000-1, Marines.
You can't excell at everything, you have something called a ' selection process '. You just need to serve for a period of time (here in the netherlands you can apply if you're older than 20 for the green berets, then you go through a series of tests) based on that you'll be able to get the education to become better.

Even so special forces are not made to go up against armies, just for quick missions.
inane little opines
Magpie
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6449|Cambridge, UK

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Burmese military would be like "wtf u doin here gtfo"

US Marines would be like

SAS would be like

Burmese Military would be like "srsly u guise"

China invades and annexes Burma, Devon declares war against Bolivia. The world is destroyed.
lol - funniest post in ages
greensprite
awsm
+13|6163|Germany
this thread fails

but i say SAS
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6637
Plus, why are we comparing special forces against a regular force? It should be like the Navy Seals vs. the SAS. I know Who'd win that.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

SAS recruits must have parachute training before they can join the SAS itself. Each man will have one skill in which they are an expert, communications etc, then within a group they will help train each other so everyone has some basic skills in a skill that someone else is an expert of. They won't all excell at everything, some are good at some things, others are good at others. For example, not all members of an SAS team is an expert sniper, they'll be trained in the basics but unless they become an actual SAS sniper or train to be one they'll only recieve the training in how to use the weapon effectively, not expertly.
jord

ThaReaper wrote:

Plus, why are we comparing special forces against a regular force? It should be like the Navy Seals vs. the SAS. I think I know Who'd win that.
Edited to make you look credible.

Last edited by jord (2008-03-16 13:02:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard