Russia-crushing dissent and causing general mayhem11%11% - 26
Venezuela-Hugo Chavez supports FARC, nuff said3%3% - 8
America-- pimple on the ass of the world38%38% - 88
Total: 229
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
China really is a pain.
Tibetan monks are being burned alive as we speak, not cool. The minks are ok.

Last edited by ATG (2008-03-16 09:18:35)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
China now, potentially Russia/Iran in the future.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I was waiting for a topic to be made about the current situation in Tibet. It really is a shame nobody seems to care about them, even less so than Darfur etc.. I suppose, it's nobodies war except for the Tibetans. Maybe the Indians, seeing as they're housing the Tibetan Government in Exile/Dalai Lama.

This could escalate into something big, though. Already 80 people killed according to sources.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p … 299212.stm
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
Gah good topic i'm having a hard time picking someone, all but america are a huge pain - but which is the worst...

Right now I'm inclined to say China judging by recent events.
inane little opines
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Uzbekistan are real assholes.

Holy shit I spelled Uzbekistan right the first time. Damn.
Jepeto87
+38|6655|Dublin
There seem to be a lack of interest in the Tibetan situation but it must be hard to get people there to cover it.

Id say Iran as its clearly a sponsor of several terrorist groups including Hamas.

"Russia-crushing dissent and causing general mayhem" - Thats a bit harsh is'nt it? They might suppress dissent but I cant recall them
opening fire on protests etc. Whats the general mayhem?
greensprite
awsm
+13|6136|Germany
I voted for China cause i don't like the chinese. they don't care about the rights of each human and their government is very shitty.
I also don't like the american government but the chinese is even worse.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6450|Sheffield-England

Poll wrote:

America-- pimple on the ass of the world
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6531|Southampton, UK

China, undoubtidly.

Or Poland

Last edited by naightknifar (2008-03-16 09:30:50)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

Jepeto87 wrote:

There seem to be a lack of interest in the Tibetan situation but it must be hard to get people there to cover it.

Id say Iran as its clearly a sponsor of several terrorist groups including Hamas.

"Russia-crushing dissent and causing general mayhem" - Thats a bit harsh is'nt it? They might suppress dissent but I cant recall them
opening fire on protests etc. Whats the general mayhem?
Just a few of the issues;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a … p;ito=1490
http://www.cnbc.com/id/23352643
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/11/russian.bomber/
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/russia-c … on-protest
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/9-7-2004-59009.asp
http://english.pravda.ru/russia/economi … 029-fake-0
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6628|WPB, FL. USA
Iran!

Short and long term, promoting and sponsoring terror in the name of Islam, seeking the extermination of an entire religious culture, trying to directly and indirectly influence control of governments in sovereign nations through the use of terrorist and military actions, disrupting efforts in many countries that have freely elected and democratic based governments, not allowing candidates to run for office because the Supreme Council fears losing control of who they want in office, just generally being a bunch of sun dried assholes...

Russia - Losing control and lashing out is not in the same league as mass murder and terrorism.
China - Killing unarmed Monks - coming from a nation with a terrible human rights record is no surprise.  No comparison to Iran's conduct.
Venezuela - Supports FARC - no surprise cause they're fighting Columbia who is supported by US.  6+6=6  (Hugo evil).  Will die of lead poisoning.
U.S. - Trying to come to the aid of others with the best intention and keep stepping in shit - better than being Iran, China, Hugo, Russia, etc.
Jepeto87
+38|6655|Dublin
I taught you laughed off those old bombers!? Chechnya is an internal conflict against Islamic radicals who are evil nasty people. Its has'nt been proven Alexander Litvinenko's murder was state sanctioned though Russia has not co-operated in the investigation. Crime is a serious people in several countries the bulk of the worlds heroin comes from Afghanistan and its proved difficult to stamp it out. The cutting off of Ukrainian gas was an attempt to pressure that nations government but only because Russia feels a need to retain a certain amount of influence in eastern Europe. Many countries act in such ways when they feel there interests are being threatened. That anti-Putin protest was not crossed but it was obviously un-democratic to suppress it.

Im not saying there whiter than snow, but there's far worse!

Last edited by Jepeto87 (2008-03-16 09:55:40)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Probably Russia China US, in that order.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
Thats a tough one...all i think.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

America or France.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
China
Raga86
+6|6455
Compared to China and Russia America seems like a very nice place to be TBH. My vote goes to China with Russia as a close second.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland
Russia.

What negative effect has China had on you people?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

Gawwad wrote:

Russia.

China is very clever.  They basically allow countries like America to buy as much of their shit as possible while they profit from it.  They've figured out America's biggest weakness (along with much of the First World's): we will continue to make ourselves more and more dependent on shady regimes as long as it makes our lives in the short run more comfortable.

As America and many more countries become more and more dependent on China, China will, in turn, be able to get away with more and more atrocities (like what they did to the Falun Gong, Tibet, and in Tiananmen Square).

As China becomes wealthier overall, they increase their military might while polluting absurd amounts and strategically buying up resources (like various markets in Brazil).

What truly makes China scary is that they are kind of like a really oppressive (but weaker) version of America in terms of economic power.  They know how to play the global economy game just like we do, but lately, they've been better at it.  They are also smart enough not to enter wars unless the world approves of it.  America has made many enemies due to its rampant interventionism, while China sits back and waits for the right time to strike (like their recent involvement in Darfur).
PRLR
+5|5969|Northern Sweden
Accidentaly voted USA, meant China.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
Everyone else but us.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Gawwad wrote:

Russia.

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Can't believe so many people said America

We're not perfect at all but compared to China, Russia, and Iran?  Come on now........
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6306|Oregon
America makes the most trouble... the worst? That's highly debatable. We're not really committing genocide, like china, but we kinda bitchslap the rest of the world around, thus we make the MOST trouble... so that's why America gets my vote.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6610
It's amazing how many people voted for America, and how many people have posted. America is always helping other countries. You can't say that about most countries... I think people are jealous.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard