Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

jord wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

No, you started the one with the SAS. That is enough for me to tell you that it was your question.

If you are naive enough to think that 100 British SAS could take out over 100,000 USMC then wow... I don't know what to say. You are deluded.

"Gorilla warfare"... Yeah, rubbish. The SAS wouldn't even put themselves in such a situation, never mind win.
I don't fully believe they'd win. I'm merely presenting reasons as to why they may win.

What do you think of the other thread. 100 Marines or the entire British Army? Or is that more fair because a big headed cocky brit didn't make it?
Not at all. It's just the fact that he is comparing a modern army with a non-existent one; the argument actually holds some value : You can talk about the differences in each army and eventually come to a decision where nobody actually knows who would win.

But once you start comparing 2 modern armies, on ridiculous grounds and then CLAIM that the latter would win, then that is where it just gets stupid.

The fact that you are being unrealistic and asking a question which just goes over the "oh dear, you took that way too far" line, makes me want to post here instead of the other one.
I have an unbiased view on this. I am neither British or American and I don't hate either. You are actually trying to argue why the SAS would win, which just goes beyond me.

Go ahead, argue all you want, I don't care anymore. Some people just don't want to listen.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

http://www.britishbattles.com/zulu-war/rorkes-drift.htm

Rorke’s Drift: the iconic defence of the mission station by a small force of British and colonial troops; which saw a record award of Victoria Crosses and restored the faith of Victorian Britain in the Army.
Pretty cool. Not agreeing with Jord but still I thought I'd hit you with some history.
The films good with Michael Caine.

"Zulu".
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647

jord wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

http://www.britishbattles.com/zulu-war/rorkes-drift.htm

Rorke’s Drift: the iconic defence of the mission station by a small force of British and colonial troops; which saw a record award of Victoria Crosses and restored the faith of Victorian Britain in the Army.
Pretty cool. Not agreeing with Jord but still I thought I'd hit you with some history.
The films good with Michael Caine.

"Zulu".
I know I own it.

edit: I've also been to Roarke's Drift.

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2008-03-16 08:04:10)

naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6558|Southampton, UK

Zimmer wrote:

jord wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

No, you started the one with the SAS. That is enough for me to tell you that it was your question.

If you are naive enough to think that 100 British SAS could take out over 100,000 USMC then wow... I don't know what to say. You are deluded.

"Gorilla warfare"... Yeah, rubbish. The SAS wouldn't even put themselves in such a situation, never mind win.
I don't fully believe they'd win. I'm merely presenting reasons as to why they may win.

What do you think of the other thread. 100 Marines or the entire British Army? Or is that more fair because a big headed cocky brit didn't make it?
Not at all. It's just the fact that he is comparing a modern army with a non-existent one; the argument actually holds some value : You can talk about the differences in each army and eventually come to a decision where nobody actually knows who would win.

But once you start comparing 2 modern armies, on ridiculous grounds and then CLAIM that the latter would win, then that is where it just gets stupid.

The fact that you are being unrealistic and asking a question which just goes over the "oh dear, you took that way too far" line, makes me want to post here instead of the other one.
I have an unbiased view on this. I am neither British or American and I don't hate either. You are actually trying to argue why the SAS would win, which just goes beyond me.

Go ahead, argue all you want, I don't care anymore. Some people just don't want to listen.
Not to you...

jord

Zimmer wrote:

jord wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Fair enough, no harm in debating over these things. I'd say the majority here are pretty clued up on military stuff and it can be enjoyable.

Last edited by jord (2008-03-16 08:05:05)

SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6635|Amsterdam, NY

/thread
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6471|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
100 SAS men will clearly not win, no matter how good they are.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5958|Washington DC
And I thought rednecks in the US were nationalistic to the point of losing all common sense
PRLR
+5|5996|Northern Sweden
100 marines vs 100 SAS would be more interesting.

But the SAS would clearly win

/thread
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

SgtSlutter wrote:

/thread
Bed bath & beyond FUCK YEAH
naightknifar
Served and Out

PRLR wrote:

/thread
Seconded.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647

PRLR wrote:

/thread
A man of sense..

gg
jord

HurricaИe wrote:

And I thought rednecks in the US were nationalistic to the point of losing all common sense
You can jump off that bandwagon now, I just said I don't fully believe they'd win. I said I'm putting points forward for their side.

Funny how after 1 or 2 people start to try and degrade and insult a person a small gang accumulates like parasites to join in. If you wanna compare me to some dumbass Redneck then do it in PM's.
Balok77
+28|6145
as previously in the thread 100 sas vs 100 navy seals would be an interesting fight

however the sas would probably take out a few marines before they where completley overwhelmed
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6635|Amsterdam, NY

jord wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

You can jump off that bandwagon now, I just said I don't fully believe they'd win. I said I'm putting points forward for their side.

Funny how after 1 or 2 people start to try and degrade and insult a person a small gang accumulates like parasites to join in. If you wanna compare me to some dumbass Redneck then do it in PM's.
Redneck
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6695

Who cares? It'll never happen. Are you just trying to get people to flame each other over such a lame hypothetical?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5958|Washington DC

SgtSlutter wrote:

jord wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Redneck
in fancy speak it's "Rouge collar"
jord

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Who cares? It'll never happen.
Google "Hypothetically" then "Discussion".
kptk92
u
+972|6405|tc_london

naightknifar wrote:

Sgtslutter > All Special Forces.
Kerry > Russia > SgtSlutter > All Special Forces
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5958|Washington DC

kptk92 wrote:

naightknifar wrote:

Army Special Forces = Sgt Slutter = Hurricane = Longdog >All
kptk92
u
+972|6405|tc_london

HurricaИe wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

naightknifar wrote:

Army Special Forces = Sgt Slutter = Hurricane = Longdog >All

Awsm dog > Longdog > Army Special Forces = SgtSlutter = Hurricane

GET IT RIGHT
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465
I think the Nod Shadow Teams that are hiding in the brush would win.
naightknifar
Served and Out

Balok77 wrote:

as previously in the thread 100 sas vs 100 navy seals would be an interesting fight

however the sas would probably take out a few marines before they where completley overwhelmed
A few?

Then overwhelmed?

Get out of Bf2s.
jord

naightknifar wrote:

Balok77 wrote:

A few?

Then overwhelmed?

Get out of Bf2s.
The SAS all line up in a 100 man line and fire. Killing roughly 2-4 Marines.

Haven't you read anything on the SAS?

/Sarcasm tag for Noobest or whatever.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5958|Washington DC

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I think the Nod Shadow Teams that are hiding in the brush would win.
Kane would defeat them all, by brainwashing them into fighting for the Brotherhood.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard