Poll

Do you think combining religion and video games is a good idea?????

Yes25%25% - 27
No74%74% - 79
Total: 106
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

AuSFinN wrote:

Herbmaster007 wrote:

Why live your life worrying about how you'll be judged at the end of it?  Have fun! Fuck sluts, smoke weed, get pissed, covet thy neighbours' cow and nick your mates misses! 

You live to reproduce, have offspring, raise them in your own image then grow old and die.  That's the meaning of life!  What you do in between is up to you, as long as you don't get caught .  There is no afterlife, when you die that's it!  Game over!  Live life to the max because there's no point going with fun in the bank.
What you do is between you and GOD. He sees what you're doing. You will be judged at the end of your life, no matter how much you dont want to. Hell may not even be a fiery place with demons and all that typical stuff. Its called the 'second death'. The first death is a separation from your body, although the second is a separation from God.

When you sin, you rebel against God. Hell is like God saying, "Ok. You do not need me anymore, so i grant you your wish."
Proves a point I had thought of long ago: Religion is only here because of FEAR.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Herbmaster007
+-4|6750

AuSFinN wrote:

What you do is between you and GOD. He sees what you're doing. You will be judged at the end of your life, no matter how much you dont want to. Hell may not even be a fiery place with demons and all that typical stuff. Its called the 'second death'. The first death is a separation from your body, although the second is a separation from God.

When you sin, you rebel against God. Hell is like God saying, "Ok. You do not need me anymore, so i grant you your wish."
ROFL!  I turned my back on "God" 20 years ago when I started studying science.  I'm an athiest because I don't see any "proof" that there is a greater being.  As a scientist, I only generally believe things that come with good evidence to support there existence.  Bible bash all you want, there's many religions out there, some of which declare that worshipping other gods is a sin and they can't all be right, but they can all be wrong.  If I had to choose, I'd go for Buddhism over christianity.  Let's face it, God does not exist!  And don't try and force religion on me, it won't work.  I know too much.
morbesso666
+0|6772|Givataim, Israel
OMG the terror of the christian religion.
Imagining it just looks like a horror movie.
kingkong777
+-1|6677
religion+games = big-no no

religion has screwed up the world as it is

Last edited by kingkong777 (2006-02-19 07:16:14)

Eldon-OK
+0|6665
Herbmaster007, let's say you're right. There is no God. Now picture this. We die together at the same time. Now we're dead and there is no more. You don't even get to say "I told you so". No big deal. Neither one of us will know the difference.
     Now let's say I'm right. We die together and both of us find ourselves at the throne of God. How is science going to help you now? Are you willing to gamble eternity when you can't even say "I told you so"?

Last edited by Eldon-OK (2006-04-20 22:09:20)

MooseRyder
+37|6663|Montréal, Canada
Hell if they wanna pray while fighting in a server i want the IP right now!!!!

These are free kills
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
O.o another old topic.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6592|Vic, Australia

kingkong777 wrote:

That is sooo true, if it wasn't for religion we ( as to say some countries including Australia and the USA) wouldn't be hunting terrorists in the middle east cause they wouldnt have anything against us.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6673|NT, like Mick Dundee

Plisken wrote:

kingkong777 wrote:

That is sooo true, if it wasn't for religion we ( as to say some countries including Australia and the USA) wouldn't be hunting terrorists in the middle east cause they wouldnt have anything against us.
Terrorism exists because of politics, not religion... Although religion seems to get mixed up in it alot...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6592|Vic, Australia

Flecco wrote:

Plisken wrote:

kingkong777 wrote:

Terrorism exists because of politics, not religion... Although religion seems to get mixed up in it alot...
Your probly right but from I know one of the reasons they attack "western" countries is because their RELIGION states that it is the one true religion and all others should perish or similar.

Last edited by Plisken (2006-04-21 00:44:43)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

Plisken wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Plisken wrote:

Your probly right but from I know one of the reasons they attack "western" countries is because their RELIGION states that it is the one true religion and all others should perish or similar.
Oh, your talking about the muslim terrorists... They are terrorists due to religion...

But the Oklahoma City bombings weren't religious (I don't think they were, not to well read on the event though). Nor was the IRA's motivation for doing what they do.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6592|Vic, Australia

Flecco wrote:

Plisken wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Oh, your talking about the muslim terrorists... They are terrorists due to religion...

But the Oklahoma City bombings weren't religious (I don't think they were, not to well read on the event though). Nor was the IRA's motivation for doing what they do.
Sorry bout the fact i didnt point that out , Il do a little research on the bombings see if i can find out more

Results; yep ur right they were non-religious based attacks, they were politically motivated

Last edited by Plisken (2006-04-21 00:55:12)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6856|"Frisco"

Dynasty(KIP) wrote:

Herbmaster007 wrote:

Christian and muslim religions are about anger, violence and hatred.  Buddhism's a lot more realistic.  There's no science fiction, no men with beards sitting up in the clouds.
Do you not realize that the teachings of Christ are that of peace and loving thy neighbor???? Christianity does not support violence and is not about anger.
Did you skip that first part of the bible? You know, the one people often use when talking about "Old Testament God". Yeah, that part before Jesus got all touchy-feely with us?

HE FLOODED THE F'ING PLANET AND KILLED EVERY HUMAN AND CREATURE SAVE 2 FROM EACH RACE.

Not about violence and anger my ass.

AuSFinN wrote:

The Dark Ages was God toilet break. And are you seriously going to judge Christianity on what happened centuries ago??
So the omnipresent, omnipotent God just happened to ... not be around? Hrm... And, btw, yes, I am going to take a religions history into account when judging it. History repeats itself, as the saying goes. Turning a blind eye towards it only accells the rate at which the repition happens.

Spark wrote:

Religion is only here because of FEAR.
Religion is also useful in rationalizing the difficult things in life that people often have a difficult time dealing with emotionally -- eg, "Why did billy have to die! Why God why!" ... "God has a plan" (Actually, joe-murderer has a fucking .44, stupid shit...)

Herbmaster007 wrote:

I turned my back on "God" 20 years ago when I started studying science.  I'm an athiest because I don't see any "proof" that there is a greater being.
Everytime science makes a new discovery, God's miracles go down by one. I figure at one point we'll either get so much science that we'll sit around and say, "yeah, we have everything figured out and can now predicture present, future, and past" or we'll get to that point and never find that one missing variable that makes things tick.

Back on topic, if people came prostelatizing (er, evangelising) on my server? Perma banned. We're here to kill, maim, and pillage. Not love one another as brothers and sisters in God's good graces. (And to you christian server owners [it's always a christian server that does this] who dissallow swearing -- i hate you. So much. Arg. Wargame, arg!)
Flecco
iPod is broken.

chuyskywalker wrote:

(And to you christian server owners [it's always a christian server that does this] who dissallow swearing -- i hate you. So much. Arg. Wargame, arg!)
Swearing? ....

Shhhhh
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6592|Vic, Australia
wow, nicely done there chuy
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6661
Anyone get the feeling that one of the hidden Euroforces medals might be religiously influenced?

https://www.totalbf2.com/strategy/medals/images/euro/AWARD_Name_2260219.jpg
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6666|South West England
Trying to convert me whilst i play a war based game? What do I think?! rofl riiight yeah any of them try to convert me by going to extremes they'l wind up with a pkm in the face thats what
Daysniper
+42|6643

siciliano732 wrote:

being a practicing christian....i see nothing wrong with it, you all are just blind to the truth that Christ died on the cross for your sins and when push comes to shove, when you die your either going to heaven or hell. If you accept Christ Jesus as your personal savior then you will live eternity in heaven, if not, then you will go to hell and live in torment where there is nashing of teeth and where you will burn for eternity.  Whether you believe these things to be true or not, that is your choice, and only God can change that, and you want to change.  But the truth is, what these people are doing just practicing a faith that is of peace and love and are trying to reach out to those who dont know nor understand Christ and the love he has for you.  Feel free if you have questions or whatever, let me know, i will try to answer everything i can possible.  God Bless fellas, maybe ill see you on a server....just think about what i said though....seriously.
Oy.

Jesus saves, moses invests!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

I can't help but christian-bait. I managed to refrain from it last weekend when I was with my freaky christian cousins, but I came back and wrote heaps on that Noah's Ark thread to make up for it.

I don't know why christian clans emerge in vicious games where you kill others, but I have nothing against it. They're a group of people with certain values, so what? So are most clans. They have servers that ban blashphemy that I always get kicked out of, but it's their servers so I can't really complain.

But yeah, like I said, I seem to piss christian people off in whatever I do.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

You forgot the "irrelevant" option.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6764|United States of America
So long as they aren't Islamic extremists and go blow some people up for not accepting Allah!
Repent
+3|6656|Florida

chuyskywalker wrote:

Back on topic, if people came prostelatizing (er, evangelising) on my server? Perma banned. We're here to kill, maim, and pillage. Not love one another as brothers and sisters in God's good graces. (And to you christian server owners [it's always a christian server that does this] who dissallow swearing -- i hate you. So much. Arg. Wargame, arg!)
Good for you chuyskywalker, but you just said a key thing, "MY SERVER"

On "OUR" server we don't allow swearing, so why can't someone else have the same freedom that you have here on "YOUR" server?

You pay out YOUR money here on this server, and you can set whatever rules you want too right? Then explain to me why someone else can't go pay THEY'RE own money out for a server, and set whatever rules they want to within EA's ROE.

When I don't like server rules, I go somewhere else, and I don't go posting complaints all over the internet, I just don't support the server, or visit it, it's simple.

This is NOT about server rules, it's about hating.

Last edited by Repent (2006-07-09 14:30:08)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6698|Tampa Bay Florida
Each and every one of them are hypocrites.  What would Jesus do?  Play war games?  Ya f*cking right.  I'm not even Christian

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-07-11 11:42:06)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

Oh shit.  The thread necros are back.
acidkiller187
+123|6638
I believe in God But i don't really care what game i play after all it doesn't say anything in the bible about computer games xD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard