Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6546|Milkystania, yurop

millmax wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Dont do speed, dont u know it kills
Speeding never killed anyone. Ever.  It's the sudden stops that kills.
I was talking about the drug speed
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6588|Mountains of NC

The#1Spot wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

whats with the bitching about the fines and the cameras .................... its the LAW ........... if you don't want to pay then I would suggest obey the speed limit, hate those cameras then obey the speed limit and they won't bother you

as pt cop I've seen some horrific accidents that involved speeding .................... and whats amazing is that ppl bitch
That was pretty much a hypocrite statement. Cops run red lights, go 5 to 10 over on hwys and not signal as they please and get away with it. Its hard to respect a cop when they don't get punished for things everyone else does.
cann't control what other ppl do ............ but if you're the one bitching about getting a speeding ticket , then you have only 1 perosn to blame .. yourself ..... you speed, you risk getting busted

a hyocrite statement would have been - " Cops obey the law, they set the example " ... I know must don't stick to the law, they bend it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
maef
+67|6703|Tulln, Austria

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

yogi_is_bare wrote:

does anyone from the UK know how long it takes for the fine/points on your licence to go through when you have been caught speeding by the speed cameras? like a week/ a month etc.
I was caught by a speed gun van, basically a mobile speed camera set up on the side of the road in the back of a van. it took them about 2-3 weeks to send me all the details, but if you do get caught make them send you photo proof, they actually have to be able to see YOU clearly driving the car, as it the person that is being fined not the car, i wished i had new this b4 i paid the £60 fine and got 3 points that stay on your license for 3 years, it was not untill a week or so later that i read in the local rag that they had not actually been clear enough to ID the drivers in the car so hence a lot of drivers got away with it, but thats just the mobile ones as its done on avg speed not actual, i then said how can that be when the fixed cameras take a pic from the back of the car, and the easy answer to that is thats based on actual speed, and the car wont be driving its self so someone will have to take the fine.. so if you have not heard anything for about 3 weeks dont worry
Unfortunately it works a bit different here in Austria.
First of all the cameras shoot the pics from behind the car, so there's no chance of seeing the driver anyway. So, if you go up to 20 km/h faster than the limit, the ticket is simply sent out to the registered owner of the car. He has to pay and it's up to him to get the money back if it was someone else driving the car. Above that the owner will receive a "Lenkererhebung" ("driver inquiry"), which he has to fill out and return. That's because over this limit, further charges will be filed against the driver. Of course there will still be a fine.

globefish23 wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

also some 5km check, you get scanned (for example) here when you leave The Hague and get scanned again after 5km, you were too fast over that 5km = ticket (even as little as 4km too fast)....
IIRC, section control has been declared illegal here in Austria as it violates privacy because personal data (the number on the license plate) is stored for too long until you pass the second checkpoint (too long = not in RAM only).
That was only for a few weeks I believe. The only one who really profited from it were the ones who had already received their notification and hadn't paid yet. They didn't have to pay anymore. The Section Control was deactivated for 2 weeks or so until the government had passed a law that made it legal.

Fortunately I work for the company who developed the Austrian Section Control System, so I know a few dirty tricks to avoid it.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6704|Espoo, Finland

Jenspm wrote:

Let me teach you the art of avoiding photoboxes.

First, you should know this:

a) Police are almost non-existant on these rodes
b) faster = better

now, the tips.

1) Learn your rode.
   i) if you drive there often, learn where they are
   ii) if not, buy one of those radars that beeps when you get close to them (they sell them at gass-stations, lol)

2) Drive like you're supposed to (~10km/h over the limit), doing slalom between the idiots following the speed limit

3) Break when you get to the photobox

or, you can speed right past them if:

A) the sun is in your face (camera will be blinded)

B) you're smart and don't wash you're licence plate.
     - 40% of the licence plates are unreadable, and our poor country can't afford manuall controll. So nothing happens.

Just so you know, this will let you do Oslo - Lillehammer in just over 2 hours.

Nice description of people who cause most traffic jams and accidents. Well done if you're one of them.

Some people just shouldn't get a drivers licence...
liquix
+51|6473|Peoples Republic of Portland
Yikes that really sucks. Here in the U.S. they have these on the freeways, even a hundred miles out of major cities I've seen them.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6493|6 6 4 oh, I forget

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Thank god they're out there stoping real crime.. Yeah remember if you are ever asked anything by a police officer make sure you lie..
Don't know how you meant that last sentence to be understood but anyways, I'm quite co-operative with cops and generally I don't have anything against them. But. The thing, what you too said, is that gets my blood bubbly is this awful greed thing going on in this country about traffic. The cops fine speeding and other minor traffic violations like you done something extremely bad even if you haven't caused any harm to anyone else (if you hit/kill/things like that someone it's ofcourse a whole other thing). And ofcourse on roads next to like schools or kindergartens if you get caught speeding, you clearly deserve it. But on a freeway if you go on a empty road over the limits you get these mindless 2000€ fines + your license on the coppers shelf for 6 months. I understand laws are laws, but this is just plain stupid. Driving fast in Finland is worse than raping or beating up someone badly. You get far more bigger fines and your license taken away for a long period but what do rapists get? A fucking slap on the wrists and small fines and told in harsh language don't you do it again ok. Some sick judges even think that it's a lightening thing if the rapist is working in a good company and knows the victim.

The fun part is that a big part (if not all) of the fines and car taxes go ofcourse to the ministry of traffic or whatever it is in English. But are they used on fixing / building new better roads? No. I don't have any numbers but what I remember is that if all the money that is supposed to be used on making the traffic work better we'd have a shitload of kilometers with good road with no holes and surprises in them.

/End of sidetracks. But all in all, I co-operate with cops if it's a crime they are solving. But if they question me about speeding I have no recollection of anything, since speeding I don't consider a crime, in which category this funny country seems to put it. Who get's hurt if you get faster to the place you are travelling to? I think it's jealousy. If I can't he can't, sort of thing.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6704|Espoo, Finland
Speed Kills - The faster the speed of a vehicle, the greater the risk of an accident. The forces experienced by the human body in a collision increase exponentially as the speed increases. Smart Motorist recommends that drivers observe our 3 second rule in everyday traffic, no matter what your speed. Most people agree that going 100 mph is foolhardy and will lead to disaster. The problem is that exceeding the speed limit by only 5 mph in the wrong place can be just as dangerous. Traffic engineers and local governments have determined the maximum speeds allowable for safe travel on the nation's roadways. Speeding is a deliberate and calculated behavior where the driver knows the risk but ignores the danger. Fully 90% of all licensed drivers speed at some point in their driving career; 75% admit to committing this offense regularly.

Consider this example: a pedestrian walks out in front of a car. If the car is traveling at just 30 mph, and the driver brakes when the pedestrian is 45 feet away, there will be enough space in which to stop without hitting the pedestrian. Increase the vehicle speed by just 5 mph and the situation changes dramatically. At 35 mph, with the pedestrian 45 feet away and the driver braking at the same point, the car will be traveling at 18 mph when it hits the pedestrian. An impact at 18 mph can seriously injure or even kill the pedestrian.
You aren't that stupid people. Don't speed.
First google results:
link link
millmax
Wanna fly over Oslo? PM me!
+18|6558|Norway

Gawwad wrote:

You aren't that stupid people.
Don't misunderestimate us.
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6512|Land of Cotton

Gawwad wrote:

millmax wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Don't speed.
If you were driving by the speed limits (and not 10 over like most, including me do) you wouldn't go 11km/h over for not paying attention.
If you want to drive on the edge of the limits, then it's your own fault if you can't keep the speed under control.

So the solution is to get rid of speed limits and cameras?
Here are the fines:
1-5 km/h: $117
6-10 km/h : $312
11-15 km/h: $566
16-20 km/h: $820
21-25 km/h: $1270

"Not over 10 (km/h)", and you will be awarded a $312 fine.
"Not over 10 (mph)", and you will be awarded a $820 fine.
Seriously? You get fines for goind 1-5km/h over the limit?
Ok, I can see where you're coming from then. Here in Finland you get really high fines for speeding too, but you need to go 10km/h over the limit.
I agree.  This seems like the perfect money making scam to me.  I have seen them in use in the US for traffic light violations (running a red light). That is clearly overstepping the boundaries or crime and punishment.  Think about it: How much revenue is generated from people doing 1 kph over the speed limit? I bet it is a lot.  I bet it is way more than the upper three categories combined.  Now they have started down the road to revenue addiction and they will never come down. Do not let the liberals over here catch wind of this or we will all be scammed.
millmax
+18|6558|Norway

Roomba wrote:

I agree.  This seems like the perfect money making scam to me.  I have seen them in use in the US for traffic light violations (running a red light). That is clearly overstepping the boundaries or crime and punishment.  Think about it: How much revenue is generated from people doing 1 kph over the speed limit? I bet it is a lot.  I bet it is way more than the upper three categories combined.  Now they have started down the road to revenue addiction and they will never come down. Do not let the liberals over here catch wind of this or we will all be scammed.
Yeah, and it's about to get worse. Much worse.  Phase 1 in a testprogram measuring your average speed over a long distance is successfully completed and awaiting approval.  Even though it is not much likely, the program might be stopped due to privacy issues.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6499|Somewhere else

HERE IS WHAT YOU DO (Can't find the article )

The story goes like this,  A mobile speed cam was set up in a van and was automated, so no one was in it.  Some local kids found out about it, snuck up to the van and STOLE THE PLATES.  They put the plates on thier OWN CAR, and blasted by the speedcam a few dozen times.  Eventually the speedcam van got the tickets in the mail.

LMAO.

I guess you could find any munincipal plates and do that.  Any government Vehicle in Illinois that has Government plates, the plates are always white and green, and start with the letter U.  It would be so easy.

Not that  recommend that by any means,  stealing plates, especially off a governemnt vehicle, then illegally using them on your own car will put you in a heap of trouble.  But if some prankstter wanted to, the government doesn't make it hard not to.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6704|Espoo, Finland

millmax wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Dont do speed, dont u know it kills
Speeding never killed anyone. Ever.  It's the sudden stops that kills.
I take it your joking.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6127|Birmingham, UK
Don't speed then.
too_money2007
+145|6328|Keller, Tx
I bet that'd stop such idiocy in the US if they were implemented.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6239|Phoenix, AZ
Jesus christ! We have those in AZ too... and we also have photo trucks (portable cams basically) trucks with the cams mounted, if your speeding BAM.

my brother got hit by one of those, saw the flash and threw down an east side symbol with his hand.... didnt tell my dad, dad got the bill like 3 weeks ago, it had the pic and all... it was pretty funny

hes not going to pay it though, hes going to say he doesnt know who the person driving is      they only have like 3 months to "serve" him, after that they cant do shit apparently....

on topic  - thats a shitload of cash and its BS...      If i were driving there id be seriously looking out like crazy
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6542
wow f that. red light cameras are bad enough
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5951|Somewhere out in Space
Yay, another reason to stay the fuck away from backwards countries.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6610|Reisterstown, MD

I thought red light cameras was bad.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6791|PNW

Most of the time, the ones here take pictures of the wrong car, and not everyone has the time to go through the trouble of contesting fines either. It's also the consensus of many city citizens here that the gov't purposefully tweaks the automated traffic signals to give people as little time as possible to realize that they've changed, and BOOM! More income from red light runners.

The machines have got to go.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-03-14 17:29:13)

Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6649|Mexifornia, USA
A girl I go to school with told me she was at a dinner or something about a week and a half ago, and yesterday, her parents asked her if someone had borrowed her car that night. She told them no, but they showed her the picture taken by one of the automated cameras that goes off when you run a red light as well as the ticket for hundreds of dollars. It was clearly her car, visually the same as well as the license plate (which is how they find out who to send the ticket to), except the person driving it was a huge black guy. She is a fairly skinny white girl, so it for sure wasn't her. Apparently he took her car, drove halfway across town to do something, and returned it without taking a single thing.

Wtf?
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6512|Land of Cotton

millmax wrote:

Roomba wrote:

Yeah, and it's about to get worse. Much worse.  Phase 1 in a testprogram measuring your average speed over a long distance is successfully completed and awaiting approval.  Even though it is not much likely, the program might be stopped due to privacy issues.
Yikes. We are heading, very rapidly, towards the context of '1984'.  It is really starting to creep me out. Maybe some high-rollin' lawyer will lead the cause and stop this madness.

What are the justifications for these drastic actions?  Other than the money. Safety? I bet that is "it".
millmax
+18|6558|Norway

Roomba wrote:

Yikes. We are heading, very rapidly, towards the context of '1984'.  It is really starting to creep me out. Maybe some high-rollin' lawyer will lead the cause and stop this madness.

What are the justifications for these drastic actions?  Other than the money. Safety? I bet that is "it".
Yup. Saftety.  If we can make EVERYONE obey the speed limit at ALL TIMES, the accident rate will probably decline.  But so does building better roads as well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard