VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

loubot wrote:

You need to drink some alcohol to feel relax; the driving examiner will understand.
As an added bonus, if you ever get pulled over for a DUI you can calmly explain that you have been certified by the state to drive in this condition.

Really though, its fucking cake. Cali might be different but I was stressing before hand, and afterwards I was like "wtf thats it?"
Its almost scary how easy it is to pass. I didn't know anything about driving when I got mine.

Just make sure you do the speed limit, and listen to the instructor.

Mine seriously gave me instruction almost as if it was a lesson the whole time. You'll be fine.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6496|Milkystania, yurop
https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/magpie1985/060804_124332_haha.jpg
What not to do:
While driving on the motorway do not:
talk on the phone while eating a hotdog and let your front seat passenger steer the car for you while your driving at 120 km/h
later on that day we had to fly past our boss doing 180
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
make sure your fucking brake lights and everything are working. first time i went to take the test i had a tail light out and they wouldn't let me take the test
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

Magpie wrote:

later on that day we had to fly past our boss doing 180[/b]
For PE I had a hiking class at the JC, and we had to drive out to this one hike way out in the middle of no where in some mountains.

My cars fun to drive, and there was a guy in a Subie to chase...so we had been driving a little fast.

Get back to the main stretch of straight road and are doing like 80mph  on one of those two lane highway 55mph parts. Come up on some green accord doing the speed limit and just fly past him.  Immediately after we pass them we see are turn...oops guess we didn't need to pass that guy.

Roll up the the parking area, and the green accord we flew past was my teacher. Oops.
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6210|Man Diego

Make sure you stop the proper amount of space behind the line at stop signs & stop lights.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6199|NSW, Australia

masturbate before you go

be Confident
be Relaxed
it is more than likely you will have to do some parking, parrallel parking etc
when you hop in your car, ADJUST your mirrors, dont just check them (when my sister went, the driving tester flipped her mirror in)
make sure the tester has their seatbelt on
dont drive around with your lights on
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

I got a 93 on my full licence test, this was with the most hard-arse tester around too.

Check your mirrors a lot. I'm not sure about the US but here the examiners are psycho on this. Check your blindspots when you merge or pull out from the footpath, I know of occurences where when starting the test a person checked their mirrors but not their blindspot as the pulled out to start the test. The examiner told them to drive around the block, park it back where it was and told him he'd failed the test.

If you can, get a driving instructor to give you a mock test before you do the real one. This can cost a bit, but is completely worth it, especially if the guy you get knows the route the examiners usually use.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

SEREMAKER wrote:

when you get into the car with the DMV guy ....... take a sec to look around at the guages and check the mirrors then look down at the auto shifter and say " Does the R mean really fast "
They let you take a test in an automatic?

Do you get a proper license doing that? Over here you only get an automatic license if you do that and that would be shit, since automatics are rubbish and for retards.
TrueMusou
+36|6131|United States Of Hamerica
My tip is, whenever you're checking your blind sights....swing your entire body around like Zangeif otherwise they mark you off =P
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6202
Use your horn a lot.  Proper horn use is often neglected in the literature they give you to study, but it's a really important part of driving.  A good rule of thumb is to give a small, short "beep" once every 20-30 seconds.  This lets the drivers around you know that you're paying attention, and that you mean business.  I almost failed my first driving test because the instructor thought I didn't know how to use the car's horn.  If they didn't want you to use it, they wouldn't put them in the cars.  Good luck on the test!
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary

Magpie wrote:

Whore yourself out, there is nothing a driving instructor likes more than that. Also make a joke about that the  stick shift is almost as hard as your  "shifter" and offer him to look
Bastard.......you stole my post........j/k    FUNNY!!!!!!!
InnerMonkey
+62|6689
When you make left turns, don't cut the corner of the left lane on the road you're turning onto.  It's a habit older drivers develop, so this may not even be an issue.

When I had my test, I just had to drive a big block, taking right turns at every light until I turned left back into the DMV.  It was a 2 mile trip tops.  When I had to take it again in my 20s (let my out-of-state license expire while in college),  I actually had to do all the stuff you'd expect.  Go figure.

Don't be so paranoid that slow down too much for railroad tracks etc.

If you normally drive a manual, consider taking the test in an automatic, just to remove the fear of stalling etc.

Last edited by InnerMonkey (2008-03-14 17:08:34)

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ
Thanks all for the posts and help

I will have to distribute karmaz later

my friend said he just drove around the block and talked to this guy about football (hes on Varsity for my school)

I dont get how a drivers test just does the regular block thing...

Id be pissed if he makes me do highways and roundabouts and shit....

As far as paralelle parking - Ill have to work on that, but I think there was one sentence dedicated to it saying wait for wheels and such, I dont know about backing into a spot too

do they make you back into parking spots?
InnerMonkey
+62|6689
You have roundabouts in AZ?  The closest I've seen are some weird ass things in southern Florida.   They still were not roundabouts though.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

drivings overrated
GodFather
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ

InnerMonkey wrote:

You have roundabouts in AZ?  The closest I've seen are some weird ass things in southern Florida.   They still were not roundabouts though.
not like big ass roundabouts (like Rome, or so i see on the tele)

they take a 4 way stop sign / intersection, and put a roundabout...

its sereiously dangerious though, people that arent used to them dont know How the fuck to drive um...

Example:  I was on the bus going to school, theres like 4 of them in a row, and some lady in a BMW is halfway through the roundabout, when a car comes out where she wants to turn... Now, your supposed to go around and try again, what does this lady do in the 25-30mph zone?   SHE FUCKING STOPS   My bus SLAMS on its breaks and ALMOST fucked her shit up, she didnt noticed, waited 5 seconds, and went on her marry way....

I guess on the REALLY long, flat, smooth roads drag racing is common, or so I hear (teenagers + mommy/daddys money = Fast And The Furious) and I guess thats the citys response
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

SamTheMan:D wrote:

drivings overrated
no. Spoiler (highlight to read):
u
GodFather
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ

SamTheMan:D wrote:

drivings overrated
if you say that then you must also say pussy is over rated

i cant wait to just pick up a girl, without having to hassle with a ride/ my nosy ass dad    its also less awkward and overall convenient for me to be able to drive
spasticus5
A TEN! A TEN!
+9|6168|San Clemente(best city ever)
driving is one of the greatest things ever. I dont have to rely on parents

and just be conversational, dont stress, and dont hit anything or one and you will pass.

good luck
$niperkiller
+4|6402|NH
just passed mine this week. I thought it was going to be hard but i didn't even have to do any parking, highway, or busy intersections. And the written test was the easiest part. It was pretty much just common sence.
0akleaves
+183|6583|Newcastle UK
In the uk we have to sit a theory test then a practical, theorys a breeze practicals hard 40 minutes of driving and you have to perform at least 2 advanced things like bay parking etc nto just round the block.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Remember the rules and relax, and don't worry if the guy marks you down for going slower than the speed limit in a residential zone. Doesn't mean you're not confident, just that you don't want to run over some little squirt who got a hair up his ass to kiss your bumper.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA
Don't fail.
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london
Dont crash it
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Don't take it for granted.  I'm gonna look even more uncool because the rest of my entire school will get their licenses regardless of grades, while I have to wait till I'm 18 because I need to get a 3.0 to get it.

God life sucks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard