Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6817|Bulgaria
Tampa is not a bad map. You can camp!!!!
Slickfish
+24|6654
I love Song, wish it was played more, its a great map, loads of jungle to hide in.

Saying that all maps have good n bad points, each to their own.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6596|England

DrunkFace wrote:

Rape Island, Karkland and Jellybaby Kubra are the worst maps.
Tampa is great fun. Songhua is fantastic (why does everybody hate it???) and Zatar is the best map for air combat IMO. Taraba is great IF you are in a bomber/fighter jet (or on 16player). On a full 64man, jets are a little more limited and unless there is a good pilot in the air, tanks can actually roam a lot easier. FuShe is also great, 64 is fun if you are on a near full server: APC rapage ftw.
Wake is the biggest fail map ever created. End of.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6186|Vancouver | Canada

DrunkFace wrote:

Rape Island, Karkland and Jellybaby are the worst maps.
Was that intentional?
kptk92
u
+972|6438|tc_london
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6608|Columbus, OH

kptk92 wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=90628
I still stand by my quote. H.T. is still a good map probably will load it back onto my PC.
l41e
+677|6678

Tampa I like better than most other air maps: there are tanks, providing players with something other to do than bomb the shit out of everything that moves. Plus, when the people who do inevitably sprint to the planes bomb the shit out of everything that moves, you have less chance of dying because a. you're in a 70-ton chunk of metal and b. there's more map and the same amount of bombs. If I wanted 3/4 my team standing around like fucking idiots with M95s all waiting for "their" leet fighter or attack chopper to spawn, I'd play with bots. At least they don't intentionally shoot me.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6510|Somewhere else

AS for Large maps, IMO

GREAT MAPS
---------------
Dragon Valley - Underrated, with two skilled opposing teams, turns intoa awesome war
Gulf of Oman - Probably the best, semi close, alot of armor, alot of airvehicles, alot of AA
Daqing - Filled with everything. uncaps, both teams can consentrate on the front, not keeping thier main base.

GOOD MAPS
--------------
Clean Sweep - Fun, but can get one sided easily.  MEC should have an uncap.
Kubra Dam -Good map, should have MEC uncap as well, US can always push forward, MEC has to defend all the time.
Wake - Fun map- too little cover from air attacks.  the awful F35 ruins air fights.
Tampa -  Finally, an Armor map.  A map FOR Tank fights without attack choppers.

MARGINAL MAPS
-------------------
Dalian-  kinda Fun, but predictable.too little AA defense.  China has a clear advantage if the teams are balanced.
Fushe- too little armor for sucha large map.. Needs more AA and more jets. can be fun, but rarely is.

BORING MAPS
----------------
Songhua- Cool jungles, not good cover though.  Needs attack Choppers, closer space between flags
Zatar- too much space between flags, the spaces between beeing boring and off no cover
cablecopulate
+449|6768|Massachusetts.
The fuck is this shit? I just got over 12 kills with over 100 hours in a tank like 3 or 4 times and no veteran armor badge. Fucking SF servers, man.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6030|London ㋛

Congrats on gettin' the hours man, I find, if i have badge to get and meet the time requirements in game, i have to restart bf2 then go back and get the kills.
cablecopulate
+449|6768|Massachusetts.
Yeah that's what I figure too, but I've never had that happen for me. I've had it happen to get a new rank, but never a vehicle award.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6510|Somewhere else

cablecopulate wrote:

The fuck is this shit? I just got over 12 kills with over 100 hours in a tank like 3 or 4 times and no veteran armor badge. Fucking SF servers, man.
Everytime I meet a time requirement that also requires kills... points etc.  I always have to wait at least 6 or more hours for the time to "lock in" the master servers, allowing me to achieve an award after fnishing the IAR requirements.

On a few occasions, all I had to do was  quit BF2, log back in, and get the IAR reqiurements, but that rarely worked.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6472|SoCal

cablecopulate wrote:

It took me four times.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
cablecopulate
+449|6768|Massachusetts.
I'm gonna go for it one more time on another server. I'm gonna need to chopper whore something fierce tonight to get all this dirty tanking off me.
cablecopulate
+449|6768|Massachusetts.
Fuck yeah, mission accomplished.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6615|Seattle

cablecopulate wrote:

For the record, Songhua is the worst map in the game.
wrong.

dalian, daqing, and zatar 16 player tie for the worst. but songhua 16 is excellent map. the larger versions of these maps are all pretty shitty tho.
cablecopulate
+449|6768|Massachusetts.
You must be high.
iD
Hates most server admins.
+7|6686
any map is playable and shonghua isnt bad at all. some maps like taraba 32 can be bad with just a few players, jets dominate there.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6029|Aberdeen, Scotland
If we're just voting for crap maps I say Dalian and Wake suck
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6620|California U.S.A

cablecopulate wrote:

Fushe 32 is great, 64 is just too big. Actually it's not that it's too big, it's that (for me anyway) it's never full so it takes foreverrrr. I don't think I've ever played Fushe 64 with more than 20 or so players. It's definitely the prettiest map in the game.
The 64 FuShe is very pretty. I've actually played quite a few games with maxed out 64 players it's quite a even battle steep terrain/jets/helo's/mobile aa/armour/infantry cover everywhere.

it was even funner when the Blackhawk m134's weren't turned into airsoft guns.

Last edited by CoconutBlitz (2008-03-11 18:57:44)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6320|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

CoconutBlitz wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

Fushe 32 is great, 64 is just too big. Actually it's not that it's too big, it's that (for me anyway) it's never full so it takes foreverrrr. I don't think I've ever played Fushe 64 with more than 20 or so players. It's definitely the prettiest map in the game.
The 64 FuShe is very pretty. I've actually played quite a few games with maxed out 64 players it's quite a even battle steep terrain/jets/helo's/mobile aa/armour/infantry cover everywhere.

dragon's purdier
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6620|California U.S.A

cowami wrote:

CoconutBlitz wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

dragon's purdier
Ehhhh... Dragon Valley is pretty too, but Fushe Pass seems more tranquil.

Plus FuShe's waterfall and the end game screen up in the northern mountain area is almost as pretty as Jessica Alba's ass.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6354|New Haven, CT

RoosterCantrell wrote:

AS for Large maps, IMO

GREAT MAPS
---------------
Dragon Valley - Underrated, with two skilled opposing teams, turns intoa awesome war
Gulf of Oman - Probably the best, semi close, alot of armor, alot of airvehicles, alot of AA
Daqing - Filled with everything. uncaps, both teams can consentrate on the front, not keeping thier main base.

GOOD MAPS
--------------
Clean Sweep - Fun, but can get one sided easily.  MEC should have an uncap.
Kubra Dam -Good map, should have MEC uncap as well, US can always push forward, MEC has to defend all the time.
Wake - Fun map- too little cover from air attacks.  the awful F35 ruins air fights.
Tampa -  Finally, an Armor map.  A map FOR Tank fights without attack choppers.

MARGINAL MAPS
-------------------
Dalian-  kinda Fun, but predictable.too little AA defense.  China has a clear advantage if the teams are balanced.
Fushe- too little armor for sucha large map.. Needs more AA and more jets. can be fun, but rarely is.

BORING MAPS
----------------
Songhua- Cool jungles, not good cover though.  Needs attack Choppers, closer space between flags
Zatar- too much space between flags, the spaces between beeing boring and off no cover
Ima fix this, k?

Great maps:

Dragon Valley
Daqing Oilfields
Dalian Plant
Highway Tampa

Good maps:

Operation Clean Sweep
Gulf of Oman
Kubra Dam

Marginal maps:

Fushe Pass
Songhua Stalemate

Boring maps:

Zatar Wetlands

Fail maps:

Wake Island

Much better, tbh.
sgtdude1987
+8|6247|midlands britain
Back to Tampa:

When I am repairing your tank do not:
  reverse over me
  TK me
  drive off and leave me in the middle of the fucking desert!

why do some people find it so hard to work as a team? It makes it mush easier to win. All you need is a few tanks lined up with engineers. At one point I had four tanks grouped up and kicking ass, then for no reason they all disperse and get wiped out
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6685

I completely forgot this map existed until I saw the post Even that annoying ad that pops up telling me to d/l Tampa doesn't even register in my brain anymore.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard