G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6772|Sea to globally-cooled sea
lol

yeah, the libs are basically taking themselves out of the gene pool.

Libs tend to have smaller families, libs abort more babies, and libs love gays.

eventually all that will be left will be conservatives
FallenMorgan
+53|6060|Glendale, CA

rawls2 wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

Conservatives in general are morons.  Jesus supposedly taught about tolerance, yet for the past two thousand years Christians have persecuted Jews, Muslims, homosexuals, and women.
You guys all all damned. Good luck finding a good girl now that 1 in 4 has atleast one STD.
WTF?  Condoms?
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6706

FallenMorgan wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

Conservatives in general are morons.  Jesus supposedly taught about tolerance, yet for the past two thousand years Christians have persecuted Jews, Muslims, homosexuals, and women.
You guys all all damned. Good luck finding a good girl now that 1 in 4 has atleast one STD.
WTF?  Condoms?
lol condoms. We should be using them but are you?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker

FallenMorgan wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

WTF?  Condoms?
STD > Condom
FallenMorgan
+53|6060|Glendale, CA

rawls2 wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

WTF?  Condoms?
lol condoms. We should be using them but are you?
I'm 16 and not really into the whole sex thing, I just find it a boring concept.

G3|Genius wrote:

lol

That's true, but many Liberals were born in conservative families, and unless Parents completely shelter their kids, as times change more people will resist the brainwashing done by conservative parents.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|6102|Minnesota

sergeriver wrote:

These are a few things I find kinda hypocrite about some Christians, not all.

1-The Vatican speaks of the 7 new mortal sins, yet they don't mention child abuse.  I guess being concerned about the environment is PC and gives the Catholic Church good PR.  But priests molesting and/or abusing children is not a concern for them.

2-Many Catholic Christians constantly point their fingers at Islam and claim that moderate Muslims should speak out against the extremists.  I wonder how many of them speak out against these priests.  I guess it wouldn't look ok for their Church to admit such thing.

3-Almost everyMany Christians out there are against homosexuality.  Isn't this behaviour the opposite to the teachings of Jesus?  If I'm not wrong Jesus advocated to be tolerant to others and yet most Christians are against gays having the same rights than us because "it's not natural".

4--Almost everyMany Christians around the World are against abortion, that's a fact.  In the US many Evangelical Conservatives support the death penalty and the war in Iraq.  Isn't this a double standard?

Edit: fixed points 3 and 4, words almost every replaced by many.  My apologies for generalizing there.
1. yeah those supposed new 7 deadly sins aren't doctrine. there was no official decree, it was just an article.

2. yea there actually weren't many priests who did that... the majority of priests are good people and all so don't just assume all priests are gonna molest kids.

3. I think Jesus would still love homosexuals but i also think he would call them out on it and tell them they're behaving immorally

4. not really, if they think the war is just and needs to be fought, idk about the death penalty i don't really have a stand on that. it's not really an issue in my state
PluggedValve
+17|6486

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

1-The Vatican speaks of the 7 new mortal sins, yet they don't mention child abuse.  I guess being concerned about the environment is PC and gives the Catholic Church good PR.  But priests molesting and/or abusing children is not a concern for them.

2-Many Catholic Christians constantly point their fingers at Islam and claim that moderate Muslims should speak out against the extremists.  I wonder how many of them speak out against these priests.  I guess it wouldn't look ok for their Church to admit such thing.

3-Almost every Christian out there is against homosexuality.  Isn't this behaviour the opposite to the teachings of Jesus?  If I'm not wrong Jesus advocated to be tolerant to others and yet most Christians are against gays having the same rights than us because "it's not natural".

4-Almost every Christian around the World is against abortion, that's a fact.  In the US many Evangelical Conservatives support the death penalty and the war in Iraq.  Isn't this a double standard?
Okay, first point is pretty hard hitting, but where are your opinions founded from? Watercooler chat? Homosexuality is frowned upon and I don't believe Jesus supported/would have supported homosexuality. I'm not against abortion, but i'm not the most devoted christian either.  How is it a double standard? Abortion and the death penalty are not related in anyway or in any situation. I'm sorry, but most of your argument is flawed.
Jesus loved all his children, especially the ones that were rejected by mainstream society.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6904|Argentina

G3|Genius wrote:

lol

I'm Liberal, I'm married, have a 5 months old kid, I'm pro choice and don't hate gays.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6904|Argentina

clogar wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

3-Almost everyMany Christians out there are against homosexuality.  Isn't this behaviour the opposite to the teachings of Jesus?  If I'm not wrong Jesus advocated to be tolerant to others and yet most Christians are against gays having the same rights than us because "it's not natural".

4--Almost everyMany Christians around the World are against abortion, that's a fact.  In the US many Evangelical Conservatives support the death penalty and the war in Iraq.  Isn't this a double standard?

Edit: fixed points 3 and 4, words almost every replaced by many.  My apologies for generalizing there.
1. yeah those supposed new 7 deadly sins aren't doctrine. there was no official decree, it was just an article.

2. yea there actually weren't many priests who did that... the majority of priests are good people and all so don't just assume all priests are gonna molest kids.

3. I think Jesus would still love homosexuals but i also think he would call them out on it and tell them they're behaving immorally

4. not really, if they think the war is just and needs to be fought, idk about the death penalty i don't really have a stand on that. it's not really an issue in my state
2-I know it's a minority.  So?

3-Jesus would never tell them they are immoral.  I heard one of his apostles was gay.
clogar
+32|6102|Minnesota

sergeriver wrote:

clogar wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

3-Jesus would never tell them they are immoral.  I heard one of his apostles was gay.
yeah thats bs, btw Jesus would tell them what they're doing is wrong. the man was quite outspoken. he in fact claimed to be at the very least worldly king of Judah (Son of Man was another name for the king).
Stingray24

sergeriver wrote:

I heard one of his apostles was gay.
From who?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6145|The Mitten

sergeriver wrote:

I heard one of his apostles was gay.
Don't believe Judas, he likes to slander people.
EE (hats
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6904|Argentina

clogar wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

clogar wrote:

yeah thats bs, btw Jesus would tell them what they're doing is wrong. the man was quite outspoken. he in fact claimed to be at the very least worldly king of Judah (Son of Man was another name for the king).
I don't want to be offensive, but how the hell do you know Jesus wasn't gay?  He was all the day hanging out with 12 guys.  I mean, he could perfectly have been gay and you wouldn't know.
Stingray24
Football players hang out with 12 guys quite a bit and they're not all gay ...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6904|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

I'm not saying Jesus was gay, but we really can't know, can we?
clogar
+32|6102|Minnesota

sergeriver wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

yeah i highly doubt that, considering his father killed a city of people who were acting upon their homosexual tendencies.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6145|The Mitten

sergeriver wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Well, I'd say bi, if anything

He loves everyone.
EE (hats
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6904|Argentina

clogar wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

yeah i highly doubt that, considering his father killed a city of people who were acting upon their homosexual tendencies.
Maybe God wasn't in the mood of killing him too.
Stingray24
Even non-religious historians do not believe that He was, Serge.  Critics have searched for something with which to smear Jesus sinless life since the day He began His ministry and still have nothing but hypothesis.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-03-11 16:43:16)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6904|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

Even non-religious historians do not believe that He was, Serge.
I'm not saying he was.  But there's no evidence he wasn't.
Stingray24
You don't by chance have a law degree do you Serge?
[email protected]
+28|6370
Please put "Catholics" or "Lutherans" in place of Christians. True Christians are not bound by Church teachings, but rather make decisions of how they interpret the bible themselves. I am a Christrian, and am tolerant of gays and do not blame Islam. Your post generalizes too many people. Most of who you talk about are Catholics and Protestants.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6904|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

You don't by chance have a law degree do you Serge?
Lol, no.  I really don't care if he was, I consider Jesus the most influential man in history.  What really matters is his teachings not his personal life.  Muhammad was a pedophile and nobody says anything.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-03-11 16:58:30)

Stingray24
If one's teachings are contradicted by one's lifestyle, they don't hold much weight.  Hence the hypocrisy that you discuss in this thread and the importance of Jesus sinless life.  Christians hold themselves to a high standard.  So when we make choices which contradict our values, people understandably blow the whistle louder than for someone else who does not hold themselves to such a standard.  I would point out a big difference between someone who blatantly disregards Christian values repeatedly (pedophilia, adultery, etc) and someone who makes a bad choice, repents, and turns from it.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-03-11 17:08:43)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6904|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

If one's teachings are contradicted by one's lifestyle, they don't hold much weight.  Hence the hypocrisy that you discuss in this thread and the importance of Jesus sinless life.  Christians hold themselves to a high standard.  So when we make choices which contradict our values, people understandably blow the whistle louder than for someone else who does not hold themselves to such a standard.  I would point out a big difference between someone who blatantly disregards Christian values repeatedly (pedophilia etc) and someone who makes a bad choice, repents, and turns from it.
So, in your opinion, Jesus can't be gay because of his teachings?  What do you think of gay Christians?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard