GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

_mag00n_ wrote:

Your screens dont impress me much

64 player wake.....  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/ … patch2.jpg

Ghost Town......   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/ … /patch.jpg
Well, quite impressive... this should help show that you can still own with the chopper if you just step your game up.
DMFDxUconn
+8|6768|Kannapolis,North Carolina

Navyseal99 wrote:

i think the whole point of nerfing the choppers is because complete n00b would get in and just blow everyone away (150+ score each round), i think gotmex? is right, you need more skill to fly a chopper, just like everything else now, i like EA's strategy towards this game (tough sh!t to anyone who has no skwil to pway anymwore[googoo!]), but all i think EA did was just turn the favor to the wimpy things that were always getting beat up on, EA didn't unbalance it, just turned the favor to a different party....   (<--- Let the flaming begin)

I tend to agree with you. I think they made it more real than it was before.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica

GotMex? wrote:

Ok I've done quite a bit of helicopter flying today with some clanmates and we were able to accomplish similar pre battlefield 1.2 scores in Sharqui. It took some time to plan out our lines of attack, and it took A WHOLE F***KING lot of vocal communication and commorose use to stay alive. But that's the way it should've been in the first place. Here's the stats for one of our rounds:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8103 … 1pc.th.jpghttp://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3051 … 0rx.th.jpghttp://img45.imageshack.us/img45/8607/h … 3zj.th.jpg
My clanmate is bernoulli75. Don't ask about the clan tag hehe. Anyway, 30 person server, lots of action going on, but with some good coordination we got some good destruction. The key difference this time was that we died 7 times... which would usually be around 2-3 times with 1.12 patch. This is because sometimes you just get damn unlucky or I just sucked at gunning.

Couple of things we learned: First off, you can't just go around flying everywhere taking out people as you please. This was the 1.12 way of flying, and I think it's what the less experienced pilots are complaining about. We quickly realized that certain routes are simply suicide because of the multiple AA sites around us and because of how deadly humvees have become with the mounted gun. We would simply take low, direct paths to where we needed to go, avoiding exposing ourselves to the enemy, and aggressivelly pursuing AA sites constantly. If I took out the AA next to hotel, I wouldn't just forget about it... every 30 seconds lets say we would come back for another look and clear the area a bit. If I spotted any humvees or potental threats, i would point them out immediatelly to take care of them ASAP.

Next, running away is simply not an option anymore. Anytime our health started to decrease rapidly, we had to make a quick decision. First option, figure out where the threat is coming from and position ourselves to get a quick kill and make a repair trip back home. Second option, fly around some building that provides cover and retreat back to the base. Never just turn around and head home. This basically meant that we could no longer continue taking out the 10 people that were huddled in a group, as tempting as it may be with the Mi-28 gun splash damage. We now had to immediatelly switch gears and figure things out. There was no way to work this aspect of the game without vocal communication which gives immediate details and quick thinking on both our parts.

The chopper now has less hit points, which in the end translates to: You get shot down WAY quicker. This is especially true of Humvee mounted guns, which can take you down in 5 seconds or less. Overpowered some people say, but it seems like a reasonable thing when you have a gun with so much splash damage and power. Other pilots I've flown with simply take too long to react to this threat, and we get shot down and bitching immediatelly begins. The real way to manage this is to VERY QUICKLY identify the vehicle, take extreme evasive maneuvers to hide yourself and you simply have to get ready to take it out. If you just try to retreat, odds are they will take you down. Don't be scared to engage the enemy... I know in 1.12 us chopper pilots could stay back from the battle and just TV missle from afar and such, but now we must actively engage our enemies at closer ranges.

We had to engage the enemy chopper a couple times, but battles with them are pretty much the same as in 1.12. Only difference now is that damage is quicker and there's less rockets. With the Mi-28 gun, the cobra really had no chance if it missed TV missle shots. Our biggest threat was actually friendly AA fire which we managed by telling our teammates not to shoot if we were close by. PineappleDouche was the other pilot btw.

Last, it seems that a new threat has become AT rockets which are more maneuverable now. All I can say is, you need to be a good pilot to dodge them, or have a really quick gunner. This also leads me to the point that if you get damaged enough to send you down about halfway... you simply need to go repair. This is not an option, it is simply what I'm telling you you have to go do. You're like a sitting duck up there once you start smoking. Players want to keep their 1.12 habits of being semi invincible, but we need to face the reality that choppers are very vulnerable now.

All in all, we really enjoyed the new strategy we had to employ for the redesigned aerial component of BF2. It was very intense, and very fast paced, since there was constantly an AA tone, M95 Barret rape on the canopy, AT missles everywhere, and damn humvees shooting us like crazy. But hey, if you step your game up, stop blaming accurate AA for your inability to plan ahead good routes, and work as a team with your pilot and your ground troops, you can get some good results out of these choppers any day.
Bah, look at this (my clan m8 took the screens)
https://img476.imageshack.us/img476/596/20bh.jpg

https://img389.imageshack.us/img389/2418/11cl.jpg

https://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9408/324fs.jpg

ps: yes thats me I wanted to make a new account
slidero

Teckademics wrote:

is that a penis in his name... LOZL/
Esker
+1|6728
Lol can't you just spam flares with the MEC chopper now?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

i got 140 on sharqi last night, its not hard, just shoot AA
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6838
A gunship is a Weapon designed for the Fringe of The Battlefield. Or a Routed enemy. A .50 cal. is the mortal enemy of any thin skinned or lightly armord vehilce. Aircraft Can not ever Fly through AA defended Airspace with impunity. Game is Realer now, thats all.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

i was going to ask how you got 200 on sharqi vengeance, but it wasnt a full server so nvm
_mag00n_
+2|6663

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

Ok I've done quite a bit of helicopter flying today with some clanmates and we were able to accomplish similar pre battlefield 1.2 scores in Sharqui. It took some time to plan out our lines of attack, and it took A WHOLE F***KING lot of vocal communication and commorose use to stay alive. But that's the way it should've been in the first place. Here's the stats for one of our rounds:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8103 … 1pc.th.jpghttp://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3051 … 0rx.th.jpghttp://img45.imageshack.us/img45/8607/h … 3zj.th.jpg
My clanmate is bernoulli75. Don't ask about the clan tag hehe. Anyway, 30 person server, lots of action going on, but with some good coordination we got some good destruction. The key difference this time was that we died 7 times... which would usually be around 2-3 times with 1.12 patch. This is because sometimes you just get damn unlucky or I just sucked at gunning.

Couple of things we learned: First off, you can't just go around flying everywhere taking out people as you please. This was the 1.12 way of flying, and I think it's what the less experienced pilots are complaining about. We quickly realized that certain routes are simply suicide because of the multiple AA sites around us and because of how deadly humvees have become with the mounted gun. We would simply take low, direct paths to where we needed to go, avoiding exposing ourselves to the enemy, and aggressivelly pursuing AA sites constantly. If I took out the AA next to hotel, I wouldn't just forget about it... every 30 seconds lets say we would come back for another look and clear the area a bit. If I spotted any humvees or potental threats, i would point them out immediatelly to take care of them ASAP.

Next, running away is simply not an option anymore. Anytime our health started to decrease rapidly, we had to make a quick decision. First option, figure out where the threat is coming from and position ourselves to get a quick kill and make a repair trip back home. Second option, fly around some building that provides cover and retreat back to the base. Never just turn around and head home. This basically meant that we could no longer continue taking out the 10 people that were huddled in a group, as tempting as it may be with the Mi-28 gun splash damage. We now had to immediatelly switch gears and figure things out. There was no way to work this aspect of the game without vocal communication which gives immediate details and quick thinking on both our parts.

The chopper now has less hit points, which in the end translates to: You get shot down WAY quicker. This is especially true of Humvee mounted guns, which can take you down in 5 seconds or less. Overpowered some people say, but it seems like a reasonable thing when you have a gun with so much splash damage and power. Other pilots I've flown with simply take too long to react to this threat, and we get shot down and bitching immediatelly begins. The real way to manage this is to VERY QUICKLY identify the vehicle, take extreme evasive maneuvers to hide yourself and you simply have to get ready to take it out. If you just try to retreat, odds are they will take you down. Don't be scared to engage the enemy... I know in 1.12 us chopper pilots could stay back from the battle and just TV missle from afar and such, but now we must actively engage our enemies at closer ranges.

We had to engage the enemy chopper a couple times, but battles with them are pretty much the same as in 1.12. Only difference now is that damage is quicker and there's less rockets. With the Mi-28 gun, the cobra really had no chance if it missed TV missle shots. Our biggest threat was actually friendly AA fire which we managed by telling our teammates not to shoot if we were close by. PineappleDouche was the other pilot btw.

Last, it seems that a new threat has become AT rockets which are more maneuverable now. All I can say is, you need to be a good pilot to dodge them, or have a really quick gunner. This also leads me to the point that if you get damaged enough to send you down about halfway... you simply need to go repair. This is not an option, it is simply what I'm telling you you have to go do. You're like a sitting duck up there once you start smoking. Players want to keep their 1.12 habits of being semi invincible, but we need to face the reality that choppers are very vulnerable now.

All in all, we really enjoyed the new strategy we had to employ for the redesigned aerial component of BF2. It was very intense, and very fast paced, since there was constantly an AA tone, M95 Barret rape on the canopy, AT missles everywhere, and damn humvees shooting us like crazy. But hey, if you step your game up, stop blaming accurate AA for your inability to plan ahead good routes, and work as a team with your pilot and your ground troops, you can get some good results out of these choppers any day.
Bah, look at this (my clan m8 took the screens)
http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/596/20bh.jpg

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/2418/11cl.jpg

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9408/324fs.jpg

ps: yes thats me I wanted to make a new account
bulllshit. Look at this guys account. obviously was reset by ea. someone should send those screen to ea. 108-0 on sharqi? i doubt it.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
i was going to ask how you got 200 on sharqi vengeance, but it wasnt a full server so nvm
Acctually it was a 24 player server on 32 player map

bulllshit. Look at this guys account. obviously was reset by ea. someone should send those screen to ea. 108-0 on sharqi? i doubt it.
Is this a joke?  I hope so, for your sake
_mag00n_
+2|6663
for my sake? lol.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6749|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

Teckademics wrote:

is that a penis in his name... LOZL/
i think it is
8===d
^^^ that guys
(_))\\\\\\D
^^^^^^
mine

Last edited by sparklet (2006-02-18 18:56:55)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.

_mag00n_ wrote:

haha. it is definitely possible if you fly around in the mi-28 and have a good pilot/gunner with good communication.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Acctually it was a 24 player server on 32 player map

Is this a joke?  I hope so, for your sake
i wasnt aware that was possible! please, take me under your wing, teach me your ways
General_Anabolic
+0|6771|Washington, USA

Esker wrote:

Lol can't you just spam flares with the MEC chopper now?
Yeah huge bug, lets see someone get that score with the cobra!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
108 in a chopper on sharqi is very possible, I made over 100 points on foot there.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6740|Finland
As long as you are flying chopper alone, and using TV at the same time of course, there's no problem to own with chopper in public (clan matches are total different thing). When some AA take lock-on just switch to gunner seat and it will be gone. Befor switching make your chopper falling a little so it's moving forward, not spinning up, when you are at gunner seat. After while change back to pilot seat and straighten your chopper and change back to gunner seat. Do this so long that lock-on sound is gone then just turn your chopper and shoot that (mobile) AA. Not so hard. But with 2 player in chopper it's kinda impossible to play in some maps like wake, oman or dalian because you can only use flares but AAs will take lock-on back so quicky that you normaly can't do anything. Another good tip is just shoot all stingers/iglas before it take lock-on, even if there's no enemy because one will maybe go there soon. Same thing for all AA vehicles. Destroy them to spawns before they move and only problem is planes (which is maybe the bigest problem).

EDIT: And in 1st post you posted stats from Sharqi. Seriously.. Camping behind TV Station and raping enemys to on it isn't that hard. And when your team take TV Station you can go to Alleyway flag. So there's nothing good in pictures that I can see.

Last edited by BlueScreen (2006-02-18 19:29:45)

GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

BlueScreen wrote:

As long as you are flying chopper alone, and using TV at the same time of course, there's no problem to own with chopper in public (clan matches are total different thing). When some AA take lock-on just switch to gunner seat and it will be gone. Befor switching make your chopper falling a little so it's moving forward, not spinning up, when you are at gunner seat. After while change back to pilot seat and straighten your chopper and change back to gunner seat. Do this so long that lock-on sound is gone then just turn your chopper and shoot that (mobile) AA. Not so hard. But with 2 player in chopper it's kinda impossible to play in some maps like wake, oman or dalian because you can only use flares but AAs will take lock-on back so quicky that you normaly can't do anything. Another good tip is just shoot all stingers/iglas before it take lock-on, even if there's no enemy because one will maybe go there soon. Same thing for all AA vehicles. Destroy them to spawns before they move and only problem is planes (which is maybe the bigest problem).

EDIT: And in 1st post you posted stats from Sharqi. Seriously.. Camping behind TV Station and raping enemys to on it isn't that hard. And when your team take TV Station you can go to Alleyway flag. So there's nothing good in pictures that I can see.
Well take it from me that I didn't camp behind the TV station, and we went around supporting the team, not owning by oursevles.... I doubt I could get high points from doing just that. If you don't believe in my screen caps then so be it.

As for your "chopper alone" tactic... any skilled pilot can take you out with guns. The technique works well otherwise.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
GotMex? Is exactly correct with his comments on teamwork.
The problem of course is that "Teamwork" is one of the few dirty words in the BF2 community.
Many don't even say it much less do it.

Edit:  If Punkbuster followed the community standards then "Teamwork" would be a kick and banning word.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-02-19 01:49:51)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Defiance
+438|6672

n00b.Worx wrote:

And hey...do you really think it´s fair that only experienced pilots can sruvive?I don´t think so.
Are you retarded? I dont mean to insult you, but thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"Is it fair that bad players die? I dont think so." Is the same logic.

Learn to fly, get good, or die.

GotMex, I admire you for proving a point with your post (more of which is an article). Your not bitchy or whiny, and you stand up for your only option, and take the 1.2 patch.

As to your comments on BlueScreen, he noted that tactic was for mobile AA. It would work just as well with SAM sites, but you thought he was only talking about plane vs chopper.

Also, owning by yourselves is an easy thing. I was on a server with Visstick[HCP] and he and his buddy circled around Surveilence Post (Sharqi) and absolutely raped. Pilot ended up with 100 points, Visstick[HCP] (the gunner) ended up with a few over 200.

If an admin was on, he would've gotten kicked. People in the Top10 (which *mysteriously* he isnt in anymore ) dont deserve it if its just from whoring. EDIT: Checking his stats, the bastard got his reset. Yay.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-02-19 02:05:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard