White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
I am on Plus.net and I am happy with them really. I get good hit reg and they have a 1 month contract. I get 3 meg or so (the max I can get on my line) for £19.99. Torrents during the day are anything from 1 kb/s to 80 kb/s. And at night a little bit more. With a 20 gig download cap on everything.

Virgin have a deal for £19.99 a month unlimited usuage, with free wireless kit and Virgin TV box. (And anytime calls to UK land lines)

Does anyone have any good/bad experience with Virgin? Worth it?
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6236|United Kingdom

White-Fusion wrote:

I am on Plus.net and I am happy with them really. I get good hit reg and they have a 1 month contract. I get 3 meg or so (the max I can get on my line) for £19.99. Torrents during the day are anything from 1 kb/s to 80 kb/s. And at night a little bit more. With a 20 gig download cap on everything.

Virgin have a deal for £19.99 a month unlimited usuage, with free wireless kit and Virgin TV box. (And anytime calls to UK land lines)

I'm on pn too fusion, i feel you rate-cap pain

Should be switching to be soon hopefully ...
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6562|Southampton, UK

Virgin:

Fucking brilliant in my opinion.

Switch today.
Now.

Go.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland

naightknifar wrote:

Virgin:

Fucking brilliant in my opinion.

Switch today.
Now.

Go.
This is ADSL not cable... you on ADSL?
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6765|mansfield
Im with Virgin, some Chav threw a firework in the exchange box and Virgin sorted it all out within 3 hours.

Virgin are good , allot like real virgins i suppose.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

Im with Virgin, some Chav threw a firework in the exchange box and Virgin sorted it all out within 3 hours.

Did they hunt him down on horse back?

Say yes and I might make the switch.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6453|Cambridge, UK

I'm with Virgin (cable) and they are great.... but I know two friends that had no end of trouble with virgin ADSL

and as a gamer you should wash your mouth out for even mentioning the "free wireless kit"*

* and for those that say "i use wireless and its fine".... havin no problems does not mean it would not be way better with a cable!
mikkel
+383|6602

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

Three hours is way too long for that
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland

KylieTastic wrote:

I'm with Virgin (cable) and they are great.... but I know two friends that had no end of trouble with virgin ADSL

and as a gamer you should wash your mouth out for even mentioning the "free wireless kit"*

* and for those that say "i use wireless and its fine".... havin no problems does not mean it would not be way better with a cable!
I just named the features. I would never use wireless.

What problems did your friends have?
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6453|Cambridge, UK

White-Fusion wrote:

What problems did your friends have?
They were happy when it was 2M but when they got the free upgrade to "up to" 8M they both got less than 1M most the time and virgin did nout much over several months of complaining....

tbh I know several ISPs had similar issues with the 2 to 8 upgrades but the others got sorted quicker....

That was some time ago, so they may have sorted those issues now and it could all be cool and groovy. best go with the opinion of anyone using it now.

Plus net score better on thinkbroadband
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
Hmm i'm un-sure = /
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6453|Cambridge, UK

White-Fusion wrote:

Hmm i'm un-sure = /
I've just realised you said with "Virgin TV"? You only get the TV if your on cable... so either you cant get what you think or you'll be on cable for your broadband which is a good option (just waiting for my free upgrade from 4 to 10 )
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

White-Fusion wrote:

If you are cable, then your speeds should be constant, as it's not a shared line.

80kb/s is good for a torrent? That's shit man. Real shit.

I pay £26.99 with Sky. I get all Sky channels ( excluding movies and sports ), Sky Talk Freetime ( free evening and weekend calls ) and Sky 8MB broadband.

My torrents download at around 900kb/s. While RS dl's at 1mb/s - 1.2mb/s.
It has a cap of 40GB, but they don't use it. I go over 40 every month and nothing happens.

To me, it seems you have a shit deal.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6448|Boulder, CO
I'm with virgin ASDL atm and i'm having the same problems that kylietastic described when they "upgraded" me except they've moved the server I'm on to one thats 300 miles away so my ping is utterly ridiculous.

Customer service is pretty bad I've found.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

Zimmer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

If you are cable, then your speeds should be constant, as it's not a shared line.

I pay £26.99 with Sky. I get all Sky channels ( excluding movies and sports ), Sky Talk Freetime ( free evening and weekend calls ) and Sky 8MB broadband.

It has a cap of 40GB, but they don't use it. I go over 40 every month and nothing happens.

80kb/s used to be good for me. Then my net got upgraded to 10Mbit down, now torrents download at usually 800 - 1100kb/s.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6690|London, UK
I am basically gonna call Virgin tomorrow and get rid of AOL
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland

Zimmer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

North of Scotland FTW.

3 meg is all I can get, and torrents have never worked well for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard