The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
1927 As you can tell is my bf2s name, it is also my bf2 player name.

Some of you will know why; it's because in 1927 Cardiff City won the FA Cup beating Arsenal 2-1 at Wembley.  It is the only time that the cup has ever left England.  We are in the Quarter Finals for the first time since 1927

I am a lifelong Cardiff Supporter and myself and my 7 year old girl go to just about every home game.

I am lucky enough to do work for the club and have designed the current crest, something that is a boys dream, even though I am a man.

https://www.bluebirds-shop.co.uk/images/head_logoccfc.jpg

This is what our players looked like in 1927
https://www.cardiff1927.co.uk/images/home/novhomepage2.jpg
We have always been blessed with good looks down here in South Wales as you can see.

We currently have Robbie Fowler (out injured for rest of season) and Jimmy Floyed Hasslebaink on our books.  JFH will be up for Sundays match as he used to play for Boro.

Some people claim it is still the greatest cup competition in the world.  The final is beamed worldwide to just about every country.  It is a competition backed in history.

This weekend sees the Quarter Finals being played

Manchester United v Portsmouth
12.45pm, Saturday 8 March 2008, Live on Sky

Barnsley v Chelsea
5.30pm, Saturday 8 March 2008, Live on BBC

Middlesbrough v Cardiff City
2.00pm, Sunday 9 March 2008, Live on BBC

Bristol Rovers v West Bromwich Albion
6pm, Sunday 9 March 2008, Live on BBC

The game I am most interested in is on Sunday 2pm.  We travel to play Middlesborough who are currently 12th in the Premiership.  We are currently 14th in the Championship (the league below) thus this makes us the underdogs.  I have and will always support the underdogs and hope other neutral fans will do the same for us on Sunday as you sit down to eat your Sunday lunch.  If we can win this we will get to play at Wembley in the Semi-Finals.  That IMO be-littles this great competition as surely only the two finalists deserve the right to play at the home of this competition?

Personaly I'm not too confident of getting a result away from home but 'boro arn't that great and we of course stand a chance.  For those who don't know; if we can get a draw of any kind then a replay will be played back at our ground approx 10 days time after this game.  I would say then that even though we remain the underdogs for that fixture we would win it.  Ninnian Park is notorious for putting the frights up visiting teams, ask any Leeds Utd fan.  We beat them in the 6th round of the cup when we were in the league below what we are in now and while they were the best team in England perched high on top of the premiership.  That still ranks as one of the top 5 cup upsets ever

Good Luck to Bristol Rovers, Good Luck to Barnsley and Portsmouth as they are all the underdogs.

If we some how pull off a win on Sunday I will probably still be bouncing come this time next week, that is of course after I have got hold of my semi-final tickets.

This is whats on offer to the winners along with a lot of money and a place in European Football (that would exclude us as we are a Welsh team playing in an English league)

https://farm1.static.flickr.com/15/20023388_be2b7a563e.jpg?v=0

Wish us luck if will please unless of course your team is playing in it this weekend.
aimless
+166|6125|Texas
Good luck!
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6443|Stealth City, UK
Good luck and all.......but there's no chance in hell that you'll win it.
kptk92
u
+972|6408|tc_london
Go United!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

COME ON ROVERS! Most local team thats above the one below the one below the Conference

(and Man.Utd, of course )
TuataraDude
+115|6523|Aotearoa
Good luck. It won't be easy, but that will just make the victory that much sweeter.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6408|Somersetshire
Come on Barnsley

you can do it lol

united fan here

TuataraDude wrote:

Good luck. It won't be easy, but that will just make the victory that much sweeter.
For give my ignorance but where exactly are you from?  (avatar)
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

1927 wrote:

TuataraDude wrote:

Just a wild guess: New Zealand ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6408|Somersetshire

Varegg wrote:

1927 wrote:

TuataraDude wrote:

was that really a wild guess?
TuataraDude
+115|6523|Aotearoa

Varegg wrote:

1927 wrote:

TuataraDude wrote:

Well done. It is the Maori word for our country. It means "Land of the long white cloud". Maori are the indigenous people of this country prior to European settlement.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Tehremos wrote:

Varegg wrote:

1927 wrote:

was that really a wild guess?
Nope ... i read a book about NZ not long ago and his email address also helped a little
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6679|In You Endo- Stoke
Good luck cardiff! i wish for all the underdogs to beat the premiership counterparts and suppose rovers to win.
Black Vaine
+43|6622|K-Town, Sweden

1927 wrote:

my 7 year old girl
Ehh...?

Black Vaine wrote:

1927 wrote:

my 7 year old girl
Ehh...?
Daughter
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England
Kerrrrmon you Bluebirds, beat those smoggies for me.

I honestly think you guys have a great chance, you dont know which Boro team can turn up.  At times they are piss poor, lets hope thats the team that turns up.

Put me down for a hopeful 2-1 win for Cardiff
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6253|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Sorry guys, I'm going for a 2-1 win for Boro, However in my underdog thoughts I want Cardiff to win 1-0. I think Its gonna be a great game that one.
I am a United fan and think Man Utd are gonna win 3-1. Lets hope Rooney n Ronaldo are starting together.

Last edited by daddyofdeath (2008-03-07 12:00:47)

KILLSWITCH wrote:

I honestly think you guys have a great chance, you dont know which Boro team can turn up.  At times they are piss poor, lets hope thats the team that turns up.

Thank you mate but the same can be said about us, we are blowing hot and cold but in one off games we have experience, Jimmy, Trev Sinclair, Oakes, even Mcfail.  I still think we should be grate ful for a draw and then I really am confident.

Gutted to see Chopra's goal wrongly ruled offside last week btw.

daddyofdeath wrote:

Sorry guys, I'm going for a 2-1 win for Boro
I don't think anyone can touch Utd right now

My head says this (2-1) but my heart dosen't.

The following week we are in court over a £24m re-payment to (rumour has it) Sam Hammans company Langstone Plc, if we loose that and stupidly the creditors call the debt in, bang its all over anyway, Admin here we come.

We do need the money wether its a replay, win, or even lose but it won't even touch the debt owed.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
My predictions

Manchester United v Portsmouth: 2-0

Barnsley v Chelsea: 1-4

Middlesbrough v Cardiff City: 1-0

Bristol Rovers v West Bromwich Albion: 2-1

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-07 12:08:22)

daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6253|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

1927 wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Thank you mate but the same can be said about us, we are blowing hot and cold but in one off games we have experience, Jimmy, Trev Sinclair, Oakes, even Mcfail.  I still think we should be grate ful for a draw and then I really am confident.

Gutted to see Chopra's goal wrongly ruled offside last week btw.

daddyofdeath wrote:

Sorry guys, I'm going for a 2-1 win for Boro
I don't think anyone can touch Utd right now

My head says this (2-1) but my heart dosen't.

The following week we are in court over a £24m re-payment to (rumour has it) Sam Hammans company Langstone Plc, if we loose that and stupidly the creditors call the debt in, bang its all over anyway, Admin here we come.

We do need the money wether its a replay, win, or even lose but it won't even touch the debt owed.
The big money is spoiling the game mate, yes it has its rewards obviously, but tradition is being trampled by the money-man! I wouldn't say no at all to the wages of a footballer, but when you have the likes of oil tycoons and just plain filthy rich Russians buying clubs with their 'small change' they lose interest when the going gets tough and sell sell sell. It's a shame but the English game isn't so English anymore mate. I do hope your club does't go down the admin road, even if it was Chelski, I wouldnt wish anyones club go down that road.

Mek-Izzle wrote:

My predictions

The only one I would disagree with is the Rovers one but on saying that WBA been dropping recently.  No Draws at all?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

1927 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

My predictions

The only one I would disagree with is the Rovers one but on saying that WBA been dropping recently.  No Draws at all?
Perhaps a draw between Boro and Cardiff, and I had to have one under-dog winning otherwise It just aint a prediction list
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6627|UK
Where is this Cardiff place anyway? Just kidding

Good luck to you, I think it's great when the less known teams beat the high rollers.
I fully agree with the money but the game is forgetting the most important people (and for once I don't mean the ref) The Fans.  Our prices have just been released for next season I don't pay for my tickets, I love my club, its in my blood but no way will I be paying £32 a ticket to sit in our stadium next season where I'm sat now, and be expected to pay £3 a programme, £1.50 a coke, £1.50 for scabby chips along with food and ticket for my daughter, they must think I play for them.

Ridsdale is in charge and we all know his reputation but I really don't think this can be pinned on him.  Sam borrowed big time to get us to where we are now and it has cost millions, all in loans with apparently the deal being if we borrowed anymore they (Langstones) could ask for the immidiate debt to be repayed.  If we go into admin they get the usual 10% debt owed so why they are doing this beggars belief, we did have until 2018 to payit back.  What Risdale has done (apparently) is budgeted for us getting 15k bums on seats every week and we arn't so something has to give.  Since Sept we have sold Chopra £4.5m, Gunter £2.5m and Mclean £500,00 and last week could only name 4 subs as the squad is so small.  Fowler is on £10k plus (wont play again this season) and Jimmy on £12k with goal bonuses of £8k each (so rumour has it).  Sinclair won't be far off, might be big names but realistically we are a small club.

The stadium across the road (30K seats, ha ha, we averaging 12/13K now) goes ahead no matter what as the retail development has paid for it, (Costco, Boots, Tesco, Hotel etc) but as a Cardiff fan I might have to watch us bypass Swansea on the way down, its proud to be able to say "We are Wales number one team" but if that happens, we are back where we started.  New stadium opens Aug 09.

Sky got a lot to answer as they chucked money at clubs and wages went through the roof as agents new the cash was there and now everyone who plays is asking for what the next man gets, good enough to them, there careers end usually whe nthey reach 35.

liquidat0r wrote:

Where is this Cardiff place anyway? Just kidding

Good luck to you, I think it's great when the less known teams beat the high rollers.
Thank you, we and Bristol along with Barnsley need it.  A little bit of luck goes a long way in a potentially one off game.

Its why IMO this is the best Club Competition in the world and I have seen and heard on many occasion forgein great players say how envious we have this.

Hereford, Wrexham, Wycome, Cardiff and the list goes on of Giant Killings.  The 3rd round for me is one of the most special weekends of the year in sport when a non league team gets the chance to put out a big club who's manager thinks he should rest his big game players, well bollox to you big club managers, if thats ya attitude I hope you get turned over, as do the fans who support the big teams.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard