DeadFin
Who are we to argue with Taller Ghost Walt?
+27|6633|Finland
I've seen that people here like to listen to metal and as I also like it I wanted to share some bands with you : D

Here goes.

myGrain

This is what last.fm says
myGRAIN saw the daylight in the summer of 2004, as Tommy (vocals), Resistor (guitar) and Matthew (guitar) were standing on the ruins of their former band, New Science Band. The guys had been playing together since 1999 and as their collaboration still worked well, so why not start a new band with this lineup. The main idea from the beginning was to play rough metal with melodies. DJ Locomotive (drums) and Eve (synths) joined the band quite soon and myGRAIN's lineup was almost finished. Jonas handled the bass for the two self-financed demo cds and after recording the second one, The Red Frame in April 2005, he permanently joined the band. A few weeks after the recordings Spinefarm contacted myGRAIN and they inked a deal. The first fruit of the collaboration was the debut album Orbit Dance, released in April 2006...   

myGrain is a finnish band that plays melodic death metal. They have released two albums this far.

here are some samples

myGrain is one of my favourite metal bands and should get more attention than it has got this far : ).

Before the dawn

From last.fm
Finnish Before The Dawn saw daylight in 1999 as a solo project by Tuomas Saukkonen. The first line-up was gathered so that the band would be able to perform live. With many changes inside the band, they entered the studio to record an MCD called Gehenna. After two albums and numerous changes in the line-up, the band has walked a full circle and is once again Tuomas' solo project.

Before The Dawn is also a finnish melodic death metal band and it has released 4 albums this far.
It's kind of the same kind as myGrain.

Some samples

Mercenary

From last.fm
Mercenary is a six-piece metal band from Denmark that combines both power metal and melodic death metal genres, and in their earlier work thrash metal; however, they are simply "tagged" as a melodic death metal band by many. The band was formed in 1991. They have released a total of five albums.

I've only heard the newest album and imo it's very good.
Some samples

There you go hope you'll like these bands and support them by buying their albums

Last edited by DeadFin (2008-03-05 13:28:29)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

Boring. Mercenary died after 11 Dreams, and metal is extremely boring to me now. I used to love it until I realised I was listening to the same thing over and over.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
I guess I've been spoiled by Kalmah and Children of Bodom, but they sound kinda generic...
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6679|Germany
Meh, meh and meh.
They sound all pretty much the same and just continue what bands like Soilwork all ready are doing for a long time.
I would´ne even consider that Death Metal, too many clear vocal parts and too much keyboard.
Leave the real "melodic" (for me that´s old school swedish) to the swedes.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Amoral

last.fm wrote:

The Helsinki-based technical death metal maestros Amoral have already astounded audiences all over Europe with their energetic shows and the “Wound Creations” album which proved once and for all there is life after Death. Carrying on in their tradition of exceptionally well-played, yet catchy and quirky death metal, Amoral are back with vengeance (and a new bassist!): the red-hot new album named “Decrowning” is a sure-fire killer in the house & garden too. In complete accord with the title of the album Amoral are no mere pretenders to the throne, but blast through the album with a regal dignity fit for true masters of the genre.

Amoral was born in 2000 as a result of the initial band members finally deciding it is time to quit doing covers and create something of their own. After several demos and a record deal with Rage of Achilles Amoral finally found a new home with Spikefarm Records. ”Wound Creations” was the the first fruit of their co-operation, which gathered a slew of favourable reviews (Metal Hammer 9/10), while Amoral’s live act was no less impressive. Witness the words in Terrorizer magazine reviewing the two-day Spike-festival, for instance: “Of all bands on the bill, this quintet seems to be by far the most enthusiastic, playing as there was no tomorrow. But judging by the quality of their performance and the response of the crowd, there should definitely be one.
Despite the inherent brutality of the Amoral sound, they also have an uncanny knack for throwing in the occasional mellow part with remarkably sharp eye for the flow of the song
Have released three albums
Wound Creations  (2004)
Decrowning  (2005)
Reptile Ride  (2007)

Now some youtube:

Lacrimal Gland

Leave Your Dead Behind

This band is just win.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

Fintroll. Google/YouTube it. This is my last post for today. Cba lurking.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
HellHead
+336|6679|Germany
Now that is some Death Metal !
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

HellHead wrote:

Now that is some Death Metal !
Indeed! I just fell in love with the band the first time I heard Lacrimal Gland
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6426|The edge of sanity
I dont know the newest stuff i can think of that i listen to is Bloodbath, but thats a super group with katitonia and opeth. BTW OTEP is horrible.

Some Bloodbath stuff

Also the new exodus stuff is good with their new lead singer

Last edited by Liberal-Sl@yer (2008-03-05 15:11:00)

HellHead
+336|6679|Germany
I´m so waiting for the new Bloodbath stuff after Akerfeld is back.
Tätgren was such a fail as a singer for them.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

HellHead wrote:

I´m so waiting for the new Bloodbath stuff after Akerfeld is back.
Tätgren was such a fail as a singer for them.
Same here bro. March 10th we get the awsomeness of Akerfeld in Unblessing the Purity.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

In b4 Ty says "Shihad"
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6373|Alberta, Canada
Skinny Puppy for you Industrial fans.
I don't think they're too well known.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Kalmah > all

Death metal done right
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

S.Lythberg wrote:

Kalmah > all

Death metal done right
No this is death metal done right

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Kalmah > all

Death metal done right

Hegg needs to keep his shirt on

I like kalmah better, more melodic IMO
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

S.Lythberg wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Kalmah > all

Death metal done right

What you talkin bout? Viking guts are awsome
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy1Z53gOE-E

If he's going viking, he needs to wear a kilt, and a sword, and burn French villages.

Why are sweden and finland the #1 source of good metal anyway?

Step up America!
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

S.Lythberg wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

If he's going viking, he needs to wear a kilt, and a sword, and burn French villages.

Step up America!
Hey..hey...hey..Exodus?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

Step up America!
Hey..hey...hey..Exodus?
I mean in the last 20 years
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

S.Lythberg wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Step up America!
Hey..hey...hey..Exodus?
Devildriver (new stuff), Divine heresy (previously fear factory), Nile, Atheist, Suffocation.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

Hey..hey...hey..Exodus?
Devildriver (new stuff), Divine heresy (previously fear factory), Nile, Atheist, Suffocation.
not a big fan of thrash, personally, I'm more of a melodic guy, and I've yet to see a good melodic death metal band out of the states
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

S.Lythberg wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

not a big fan of thrash, personally, I'm more of a melodic guy, and I've yet to see a good melodic death metal band out of the states
Meh. I'm a thrash man myself more than melodic so I can't really help you.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

Neither can America
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

S.Lythberg wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Neither can America
Yea you might have to rely on Scandinavia's number one export.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard