(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6821|Grapevine, TX
EDIT: OK I lied it wasnt short,  but it is sweet!

I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Company puts out an internal email post in December 07, for Tech Support Supervisor. I'm not really motivated, so I pretty much ignore it. A few weeks pass and both the HR director and one of the owners asks if I am going to apply. I give in, thinking thats a pretty subtle hint First interview is on December 19th. They say there will be another interview with all the candidates, later (5 people apply).

Im still the "fucking new guy", Ive only been with the company since June 6th of 07. So, I'm thinking there are more qualified guys that applied I'm not really concerned, because with my experience in being a supervisor there is a little more pay for a lot more responsibility.

Months go by. We're all wondering when we are going to get the second interview, so all the questions about who gets it. Well we finally had the second interview Wednesday. By this time I'm pretty confident in what I said I would do and how I can fulfill the position. My only question that they haven't answered is, what does it pay?

I have a few people in different departments pulling for me and disclose some good news , but I'm waiting for the powers that be tell me directly. Well my manager asks if I have a few minutes and he needs to speak with me. I follow him down to the COO's office after lunch, today.
I sit down and he breaks the ice that: You're not in trouble". I reply, "I didn't think I was". Small chuckles of laughter fill the room

Allen the COO asks if I'm still interested in the position and I reply, "Yes however, there is only one question that I have asked that hasn't been addressed. What does it pay?"

He tells me a figure that I was expecting. It is lower than any figure I believe I'm worth, but it was expected. He understand where I'm coming from, so he says that he will get the final answer from the CFO before I leave today. So I humbly accept. I'm honestly honored that I was asked by one of the owners to apply and to finally get the promotion and raise.

So the lesson I learned, again, is never sell yourself to short. Many times others can see strengths in you that you dont see in yourself.

Right now Im looking at an annual raise of $10,000 USD, not to shabby in this turbulent economy.

So woot, HELL YEah, give me an atta boi!

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2008-03-04 15:28:21)

daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6245|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Nice. Well done man.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5924|CA
Very nice, high 5.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6118|So Cal
I envy you sumbich! CONGRATS MAN!
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6636|Ohio
Congrats! May all of your daughters be born with three bottoms!
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6821|Grapevine, TX
Thanks to you all!

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

I lol'ed. Insane reply, and I have no idea what you meant, but thanks for the laugh. I'm happy my daughter was blessed with only one bottom though
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6510|USA
congrats to you.
Stimey
­
+786|6112|Ontario | Canada
Atta boi!
­
­
­
­
­
­
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6767
Well done bro

Good luck, now the real work begins.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6499
woot! great job, man!
avman633
+116|6356
Congrats man, +1
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6221|NSW, Australia

nice work
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6382

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Thanks to you all!

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

I lol'ed. Insane reply, and I have no idea what you meant, but thanks for the laugh. I'm happy my daughter was blessed with only one bottom though
That's from Johnny English.
Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6120|817---->907
Uber!  Very nice.
psH
Banned
+217|6375|Sydney
do you still get to shoot shit?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard