||3rb||MOBB
+68|6540
Hi all, I just wanted to let everyone know that on Dec 30, 2007 apparently myself and many other well known players had their name spoofed.  Luckily the guy who spoofed my was out of japan so it was easy to see it wasnt me, so check your name through punksbusted and make sure and clear yourself if it happens to you, as you can imagine EA and evenbalance are as incompetent as usual and are doign nothing about the issue.

I found out about when I went to log on to legion at war server and they informed me of the spoofer, most admins are that accomodating so be aware of your standing namewise.  I had alot of help from raging rebels clearing this up so big thanks to them.

||3RB||MOBB
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6497|Chicago, IL
im not 1337 enough to get namehacked...
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6700
k thanks
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6540
yeah, imagine you play with the same account for close to three years and this kind of crap happens, I have even less faith in punkbuster and EA than before.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6757|67.222.138.85
<<< purple heart

It's pretty widespread though, it's not just one person on one date...
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6540
so like I said, is EA or Evenbalance doing anything? or are they just picking their nose as usual?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6757|67.222.138.85

||3rb||MOBB wrote:

so like I said, is EA or Evenbalance doing anything? or are they just picking their nose as usual?
EA doesn't give a rat's ass about BF2 anymore. Punkbuster isn't really responsible after your stats are already screwed up.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6504|The Twilight Zone
That sucks.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6432|the land of bourbon
yeah i got a purple heart thanks to that.  alot of people here did.  i even emailed EA and they tried to blame it on me saying my computer must have been hacked and my acct password stolen.  fucking morons.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6353|The | Netherlands
Has been happened to me too.
blacklupus
+13|6741

||3rb||MOBB wrote:

so like I said, is EA or Evenbalance doing anything?
No EA's staff isn't just picking their nose. They will watch the PB Banlist and if they find your name on it they will erase your points, like they did to mine. Doesn't matter if it's your own GUID standing next to any banned entry or ten different others. Even if your old GUID is clear they will reset you without further chance to get the points back.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6573

steelie34 wrote:

yeah i got a purple heart thanks to that.  alot of people here did.  i even emailed EA and they tried to blame it on me saying my computer must have been hacked and my acct password stolen.  fucking morons.
lol
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6647|Michigan, USA
Point is, why do you care?  Same as always, its virtual stats that have no impact on modern life.  Cry about EA and punkbuster, but I cant blame them.  Games going on 3 years old and you expect them to watch every aspect still?  They have new games on the horizon, and eventully stat support will end, but im sure the last 20 or so of you that care will petition them ending it.

Sucks to have your name spoofed, have all that worked messed up, but face it, its time to move on, or learn stats arent everything, thats when you really start to enjoy the game.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6837|Bulgaria

r2zoo wrote:

Point is, why do you care?  Same as always, its virtual stats that have no impact on modern life.  Cry about EA and punkbuster, but I cant blame them.  Games going on 3 years old and you expect them to watch every aspect still?  They have new games on the horizon, and eventully stat support will end, but im sure the last 20 or so of you that care will petition them ending it.

Sucks to have your name spoofed, have all that worked messed up, but face it, its time to move on, or learn stats arent everything, thats when you really start to enjoy the game.
stats = life!
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6577|Milkystania, yurop
Ur liek teh funniez b0i eva
Kashmir
The J-10 is my J-10
+39|6744

Magpie wrote:

Ur liek teh funniez b0i eva
and you are not
.Sup