MonkezUncle
+3|5923
And yes... I did read all the posts I could find about this before posting. 

I've been playing now for a few months and I have 4 questions on stats vs. Medals.  Who ever answers this will probably need to spend a few minutes checking my stats first.  Thx in advance! 

1)  If I understand correctly, per the UBAR page, there are 2 ways to get most medals, IAR requirements (so many kills, heals, etc in 1 round) or cumulative requirements (50hrs of play, etc).  Why then, when I have already met the IAR requirements, does the badge/medal not show up until after I have the IAR AND the cumulative requirement?  For example, I just got 28 resupplys in 1 round but did not get the veteran resupply badge.  It shows I still have several hours to go on that.  Is that a glitch?  It happened that way on the veteran Command Badge too.  I had been commander for 30 mins at a time multiple rounds but did not get the badge until I hd the IAR requirements PLUS the 1k command points.  B/c of this I am missing about 8 medals or ribbons that my stats show I should have.  So what gives?

2)  I may be misunderstanding team points but, from what I have read on line, team points are any points besides combat points (so resupply, heal, revive, etc count but kill points and CP capture points do not... right?)  Assuming that is correct, I had a round a few days ago where I medic-whored (yeah, sorry, I wanted the Distinguished service ribbon or Valorious Unit Ribbon).  I was in a squad and got 58 team points, more then enough for both badges.  Didn't get either one!  So, I am confused.  Do I need to be squad leader.... commander... lonewolf... what?

3)On the Far East Service Ribbon, my stats show that I met the requirement on every map except Shougna Stalemate.  If I read the UBAR info right, all you needed to do was meet the requirement on 1 map.  So, shouldn't I have this one.  And if not, how do I get it since none of the servers run the Shounga Stalemate map?  Same goes for USMC medal.  I did get the far east one already and I never have played 1/2 the maps listed on the UBAR info page.

4)  On the UBAR stats page, some of the badges have underlines under them... what does that indicate?

ok... sorry for the long post.  Any help is appreciated!  Thx for the great site/info/forum!  -MonkezUncle

Last edited by MonkezUncle (2008-03-01 23:33:09)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6677

1) You have to satisfy the time or other requirements before you can get the IAR requirements. In other words, get all the general requirements, then you'll see a blank bar underneath the award, which means you are now eligible for that award and the last thing you need to do is get the In-A-Round requirement.

2) For the Valorous unit ribbon, you need to meet the time requirements before you get the IAR requirements and get the ribbon. For the Meritorious Service, you need both 40 team points AND 26 minutes in a squad BOTH in the same round. Also, CP capture points do count as team points.

3) You have to play all those maps. As for finding servers running it, just keep checking and at some point you're bound to find one running it.

4) Those underlines (or blank bars as I mentioned earlier) signify that you've met the general requirements and are now able to achieve the award by completing the IAR requirement.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6766|Reality
you need to provide a link to your stats
ubar is a reference but not written in stone since DICE has not divulged all its secrets.

Last edited by Stubbee (2008-03-01 23:47:59)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
MonkezUncle
+3|5923
Mtb... thx for the answers.  I wish someone would amend the UBAR stuff to explain that as it would have saved many hours of frustration... !  Probably for others too! 

So, now that I have those awards "unlocked" (for lack of a better term), I need to meet the IAR requirement now, even if I have already done it previously?   thx!

And not trying to argue the pt... just confused, I got the Far East ribbon without playing all the maps... how come I need to play all the Mec and USMC maps for those 2? 

Stubbeee... how do I post a link to my stats?

Thx guys for the quick answers!  -monkezuncle

Last edited by MonkezUncle (2008-03-02 00:15:17)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6677

You can only get the award after you've first done the general requirements, then the IAR. Even if you've done the IAR before, you still have to do it again once you've gotten the underline on the award (completed general req's).

As for the Far East ribbon, are you sure you played all the maps? You only have to be in a server that has the map for just 1 second. And for the MEC ribbon, you need to play all the MEC maps.

And to post a link to your stats, go to your profile page under "essentials". In the top box where it says Battlefield 2 player ID number, put in your number. When you look up your stats the link should like something like this: http://bf2s.com/player/60065589/ . That 8-digit number at the end of the link is your Player ID number, so just plug that in the box and it'll show up as a stats link under your name.
MonkezUncle
+3|5923
Thx Mtb! 

Here's the stats link...

http://bf2s.com/player/121056836/

As you can see on the Middle East Service Ribbon, I did get the ribbon WITHOUT playing all the maps!  But the same is not true for Far East and USMC.  Weird huh?  I heard someone is staring a infantry only server for the lesser played maps so hopefully I can pick those up. 

Thx for all the great help! 

-monkezuncle

Last edited by MonkezUncle (2008-03-02 17:51:00)

DecLanD
+7|5998|San Antonio, TX
Sorry about this post, but what happen with statistics ? I mean why it doesn't show any updates for 3 days ?  I can see all my ribbons medals in  game, but it doesn't show in statistics...
Thank you!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6729|67.222.138.85

DecLanD wrote:

Sorry about this post, but what happen with statistics ? I mean why it doesn't show any updates for 3 days ?  I can see all my ribbons medals in  game, but it doesn't show in statistics...
Thank you!
If you're talking about your BF2S stats page, be patient, it will update.
DecLanD
+7|5998|San Antonio, TX
well... nothing again. It doesn't even show that I'm online...
cospengle
+140|6510|Armidale, NSW, Australia

DecLanD wrote:

well... nothing again. It doesn't even show that I'm online...
Yeah, it breaks occasionally. I was 7,334th in line for an update. But the stats are updating in BFHQ, so it will update eventually.
DecLanD
+7|5998|San Antonio, TX
So nothing to worry about... ok thanks )
MonkezUncle
+3|5923
Dec... check your punkbuster settings.  I finally figured out what happened with me (even the techs @ EA were stumped).  For some reason my punkbuster was not updated/functioning right and it would not let me level up, etc.  I updated it an boom, got like 3 unlocks and a whole ton of stuff as soon as I started playing again.  For whatever reason this effected BF 2 and 2142.  Hope it gets better!  -MonkezUncle

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard