weasel_thingo
+74|6328
looks pretty cool, imma download it (free is free)
also its good they decided to make people who pay not get advantages like stronger weapons
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium

Uzique wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

That looks mad. I will download it no matter what.

And. The haters have been silenced.
Haha, silenced? If anything, my speculative hatred has been fueled by this trite TF2-knockoff trailer. Leave the edgy humour and the stylistic graphics to the folks over at Valve who seem to have a reign on things... EA/Dice should stick to what they know; pushing out bloated and inefficient shooters. This whole 'casual gaming' fad in the gaming industry is such an ethereal little bit of marketing. It won't last, the longevity of this game will be decidedly short, and I can almost guarantee that the suckers who feed their own money into the game will be bitterly disappointed in the long-run.

This trailer looks shiny, but it's already been said that all trailers/promotional-work looks absolutely jaw-dropping and funzies. Reality is always a little different.
ITS.A.FREE.GAME.

STOP.WHINING.

Seriously, the crying has begun, again.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Uzique wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

That looks mad. I will download it no matter what.

And. The haters have been silenced.
Haha, silenced? If anything, my speculative hatred has been fueled by this trite TF2-knockoff trailer. Leave the edgy humour and the stylistic graphics to the folks over at Valve who seem to have a reign on things... EA/Dice should stick to what they know; pushing out bloated and inefficient shooters. This whole 'casual gaming' fad in the gaming industry is such an ethereal little bit of marketing. It won't last, the longevity of this game will be decidedly short, and I can almost guarantee that the suckers who feed their own money into the game will be bitterly disappointed in the long-run.

This trailer looks shiny, but it's already been said that all trailers/promotional-work looks absolutely jaw-dropping and funzies. Reality is always a little different.
ITS.A.FREE.GAME.

STOP.WHINING.

Seriously, the crying has begun, again.
QFT

besides I remember COD4's trailer being uber awsm, and I wasn't disappointed, there was no difference in anything from trailer to game. Same with BF2.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
My point was more so that people who 'feed their own money' into the game will be disappointed. I know it is a free game, but all of the hype and excitement over BF: Heroes has created a real sense of false hope. It boils down to nothing more than a 'casual game' (a sector of gaming of which I have already voiced my opinion)- and so thus all the hype and talk of "I'm gonna play it as I played BF2" is quite hilarious. It simply doesn't have the thought or balance, or the depth and longevity of a 'real' game... it's a gimmick.

Yet, by far my biggest 'whine' (as you put it) with this game is the shameless manner which they've tried to steal TF2's limelight. TF2's graphic design style and humorous approach was a genius change to the bland banality of the current FPS market... and it's just insulting that EA try to step in and hog some publicity with this 'free-game' travesty that is mysteriously attracting so much attention.

Note: The 'price' of the product/game isn't really a factor of my criticism at all- and people are entitled to criticize things. People who avoid voting because they don't endorse any of the candidates policies whine about the government; people such as myself who won't download the game will still have their own founded-reasons for avoiding it.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-02-29 10:37:46)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
All trailers look better than the actual game/movie. They entice you to watch it, play it and buy it. But in this case, it's free. Still, I'm not forcing you to waste your time.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium
Ignore it then and let it pass? Negative publicity is still publicity you know. Besides, if people want to spend money to dress their online virtual character, that is really up to them. And pretty much everyone sees where EA got the mustard for this game. But that doesn't mean they can't take an idea and try to improve it, right?

edit: removed typo that caused ambiguity.

Last edited by FlemishHCmaniac (2008-02-29 10:39:54)

mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6600|S.C.
The trailer looks fun. They say it's not BF3 so I really don't mind, I might even try it. Lets hope that valve don't mind the similarities with TF2.
MrCookie
good times
+31|5999|In a wheelchair.
I think it looks awsm!!
definitely downloading it!
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng

Uzique wrote:

My point was more so that people who 'feed their own money' into the game will be disappointed. I know it is a free game, but all of the hype and excitement over BF: Heroes has created a real sense of false hope. It boils down to nothing more than a 'casual game' (a sector of gaming of which I have already voiced my opinion)- and so thus all the hype and talk of "I'm gonna play it as I played BF2" is quite hilarious. It simply doesn't have the thought or balance, or the depth and longevity of a 'real' game... it's a gimmick.

Yet, by far my biggest 'whine' (as you put it) with this game is the shameless manner which they've tried to steal TF2's limelight. TF2's graphic design style and humorous approach was a genius change to the bland banality of the current FPS market... and it's just insulting that EA try to step in and hog some publicity with this 'free-game' travesty that is mysteriously attracting so much attention.

Note: The 'price' of the product/game isn't really a factor of my criticism at all- and people are entitled to criticize things. People who avoid voting because they don't endorse any of the candidates policies whine about the government; people such as myself who won't download the game will still have their own founded-reasons for avoiding it.
Jesus Christ you are so full of shit. Team Fortess 2 really is not that great, and there is absolutely NOTHING stopping EA making a game that has the same visual style. I want you to state, apart from the visuals, how EA are copying Valve? It's third person whereas TF2 is first person, it has classes, the same as TF2, yet also the same as every single Battlefield game.. How else are they copying them? Maybe the humour, but everybody is entitled to add some funnies..
#rekt
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6548
TBH TF2 wasn't the first game to use the cell-shading design. The thing that bugs me is these "free" cash shop games always end up being a load of shit.

This concept wouldn't even exist if they didn't think people wouldn't spend more than $50 on cash shop items, and trust me some people spend hundreds of dollars, sadly. They are sacrificing quality for profit and then they call it the future of gaming. Fuck.That.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6437

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

TBH TF2 wasn't the first game to use the cell-shading design.
TF2 doesn't use cell shaded graphics. It uses phong shading to produce its stylised graphics.
DRAC2GUNZ
+1|6443
Cant DL from BT ? lame
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC
That was actually a pretty well done trailer. I said it before but yeah, I'll check it out. What's the worst that happens, I spend a few minutes downloading it only to be disappointed?
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6548

Fat_Swinub wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

TBH TF2 wasn't the first game to use the cell-shading design.
TF2 doesn't use cell shaded graphics. It uses phong shading to produce its stylised graphics.
You know what I mean.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Nintendogamer
+72|6589|Chelmsford, UK
looks like great fun, i'll be gettin this game.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6687|Espoo, Finland
Definately looks like a fun game.
Great trailer too
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
It is only copying the TF2's cartoonie art style, and TF2 wasn't the first game to look like that, in fact there is an old DICE game called Codename Eagle whose art style similar is more like BF:H's than TF2's is like BF:H.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Lol, funny video, this increased my chances of downloading it.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
War Man
The guys riding the airplanes thing also looks cool, this is a good game for under 13's.
War Man

Im_Dooomed wrote:

the big play now button isn't working *tears
What button? When I went to the site, I didn't see the button.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6418|Norway | Unkown

War Man wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

In the game trailer

But yea I will try this. A Free Game is better than nothing.
And people whine before they even try it Makes it even more funny reading this thread.
War Man

PhaxeNor wrote:

War Man wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

In the game trailer

But yea I will try this. A Free Game is better than nothing.
And people whine before they even try it Makes it even more funny reading this thread.
So the bf heroes site will change when the game comes out?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The game looks good and that was easily the funniest game trailer I've ever seen.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Smithereener
+138|6318|California
This has piqued my interest.

Especially the wing surfing (actually, sitting) aspect. Reminds me of when a bunch of my friends and I flied all around Midway on 1942 on the wings of a Dauntless.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6752|the middle of nowhere

Smithereener wrote:

This has piqued my interest.

Especially the wing surfing (actually, sitting) aspect. Reminds me of when a bunch of my friends and I flied all around Midway on 1942 on the wings of a Dauntless.
I <3 mass parachuting on El Almien.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard