Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6611|Your moms bedroom
Im so old... i forgot why i got

i do remember i forget my calculator and had to buy one before the test and returned it after

im guessing 1250?

not that it matters this test is for smarts only, it doesnt tell you fuck about common sense, which is all your going to need in college anyways
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6615|Ohio

CommieChipmunk wrote:

PSAT means nothing.  I know someone who did really really well on the PSAT 220 i think, and got like 1650 the first time they took the SAT...
Well, thats not completely true, If you do well enough on the psat you can become a National Merit Finalist, which is cool, because like 200 colleges want you to go there for free.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

argo4 wrote:

haha you have to take Sat tomorrow!
I took it in january and i got a 2160 .I was happy about getting an 800 on the writing section, but I'm just wondering, are 800's in that section pretty common? I can't imagine aceing one section and doing normal on the other ones. And yeah, the critical reading section is what tripped me up most too.
It probably depends on the grader.
HSG
+23|6444|British Columbia, Canada
I took it last year got 1980. I did study quite a bit
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC
Wow.

that was actually pretty damn easy. There were a few vocab questions that I just couldn't get (didn't know enough words to narrow it down so I could make a safe guess), and there were some tough math ones for each Math section, but overall I think I did pretty well. I think my essay was good too.

The best part is, if I get above a 2000 it'll all be from me... no thousand dollar test prep involved (I say this because a lot of people at my school took prep classes even though I'd wager half of them didn't need it).
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

HurricaИe wrote:

Wow.

that was actually pretty damn easy. There were a few vocab questions that I just couldn't get (didn't know enough words to narrow it down so I could make a safe guess), and there were some tough math ones for each Math section, but overall I think I did pretty well. I think my essay was good too.

The best part is, if I get above a 2000 it'll all be from me... no thousand dollar test prep involved (I say this because a lot of people at my school took prep classes even though I'd wager half of them didn't need it).
told you, stupid

Also, get above a 2070, and I will bestow upon you the ability to say, "I'm smarter than an Asian!"
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
All that 2bcCosA, S=O/H and all that eh? Easy once you do a few questions and get it drilled into your head
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC

kylef wrote:

All that 2bcCosA, S=O/H and all that eh? Easy once you do a few questions and get it drilled into your head
...wat? SohCahToa (trig)? None of that on the SAT, which is slightly unfortunate since I had a test on it yesterday.

The hard ones were that fancy algebra stuff. I took algebra a year ago (my school does it funny) so it's not as fresh in my head as Geometry. Either way, I'm confident that I did rather well.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...

HurricaИe wrote:

kylef wrote:

...wat? SohCahToa (trig)? None of that on the SAT, which is slightly unfortunate since I had a test on it yesterday.

The hard ones were that fancy algebra stuff. I took algebra a year ago (my school does it funny) so it's not as fresh in my head as Geometry. Either way, I'm confident that I did rather well.
you had this etc yet?

P (x=k) = n nCr k p^k x q^(n-k) and so forth, doing that now - algebra is pretty easy once you know the sequence, needs some practice or you get stuck though. Although it's pretty fucking pointless imo.
inane little opines
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC

dayarath wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

kylef wrote:

you had this etc yet?

P (x=k) = n nCr k p^k x q^(n-k) and so forth, doing that now - algebra is pretty easy once you know the sequence, needs some practice or you get stuck though. Although it's pretty fucking pointless imo.

No I don't think I've had that and I hope I never do

Yeah, Algebra I and II were pretty easy for the most part when I took them. Like I said it's just been a while since I've done more serious algebra than what you do in Geometry.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...

HurricaИe wrote:

Yeah, Algebra I and II were pretty easy for the most part when I took them. Like I said it's just been a while since I've done more serious algebra than what you do in Geometry.
Myea, still not as bad as natural sciences tbh. I fucking hate all the shit they want you to calculate, pages of it.
inane little opines
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5903|United States

cowami wrote:

Also, get above a 2070, and I will bestow upon you the ability to say, "I'm smarter than an Asian!"
lol, I'm smarter than an Asian!! yaaay
This calls for a celebration
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC

argo4 wrote:

cowami wrote:

lol, I might just have gotten above a 2070. I'm a bit unfamiliar with how the scoring is scaled and what not (I just know it's out of 800 for each section, 2400 total, and getting an answer wrong costs you a quarter of a point) so I can't really gauge it.

Also, I think one of the hardest parts was writing out this statement on the back of the answer sheet (Some legalese, "I hereby declare blabla"). Why? We had to write it in cursive... I haven't used that shit in forever. Why? Nobody will ever know. Needless to say it looked like shit.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-01 15:50:10)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

HurricaИe wrote:

argo4 wrote:

cowami wrote:

lol, I might just have gotten above a 2070. I'm a bit unfamiliar with how the scoring is scaled and what not (I just know it's out of 800 for each section, 2400 total, and getting an answer wrong costs you a quarter of a point) so I can't really gauge it.

Also, I think one of the hardest parts was writing out this statement on the back of the answer sheet (Some legalese, "I hereby declare blabla"). Why? We had to write it in cursive... I haven't used that shit in forever. Why? Nobody will ever know. Needless to say it looked like shit.
Yeah, our proctor last year said to print it.

Go figure
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5903|United States

HurricaИe wrote:

dude, I only write in cursive. It's great cause nobody can read it so those lazy teachers are like " he's a good student, this gets an A"
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC

cowami wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

argo4 wrote:

Yeah, our proctor last year said to print it.

Go figure
i coulda written RAPE RAPE RAPE in cursive and they wouldn't have known the difference
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

HurricaИe wrote:

Anybody else taking it March 1? I sort of haven't done much studying. I did pretty well on the PSAT without any studying or practice tests though (191, so about a 1910 on the "full" SAT scale). My college adviser said I didn't need test prep given my score.

This is gonna blow, 4 hours doing this dumb test
shit son, i got 1930

ROFL

one kid in my class got a 2120
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC

Des.Kmal wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Anybody else taking it March 1? I sort of haven't done much studying. I did pretty well on the PSAT without any studying or practice tests though (191, so about a 1910 on the "full" SAT scale). My college adviser said I didn't need test prep given my score.

shit son, i got 1930

ROFL

lulz, I got a 1930 as well!

SAT Math can burn in hell tbh. I don't get how most colleges on average have higher math scores than English... you have to not know English to do badly on those sections.
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

HurricaИe wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

shit son, i got 1930

ROFL

SAT Math can burn in hell tbh. I don't get how most colleges on average have higher math scores than English... you have to not know English to do badly on those sections.
haha, the funny part was that i only did the questions on the math part that i could do in my head.

i dont think i missed much elsewhere.

im gonna have to get >2000 on my SAT cuz right now my grades blow the cack. lmfao.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london
Yes I will be happily taking my chair away to be SAT on

c wat i did ther looololol
avman633
+116|6335

HurricaИe wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

shit son, i got 1930

ROFL

I suck at English. I always get a great math score with an okay English score. Nice job though, 1930 is a pretty good score
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

avman633 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

shit son, i got 1930

ROFL

I suck at English. I always get a great math score with an okay English score. Nice job though, 1930 is a pretty good score
Screw English I'm never going to England. Math ftw!!!

(sorry...Simpsons moment)
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
Hurri/Kmal, screw you guys, I got a 1920.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

HurricaИe wrote:

i beat you by one!

192 on the PSAT

but gl
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Hurri/Kmal, screw you guys, I got a 1920.
Kane flunked the SAT and dropped out of Harvard but look at him now...

And yeah kmal, I could take it again but I don't wanna jinx myself. My math grades in school have been great the whole time so that counter-acts the stupid SAT math section.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard