BARR_02
+1|6639
Does BF2 have them? If so, how do you switch to them?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6779|San Antonio, Texas

BARR_02 wrote:

No, it was going to have them but DICE took them out before the game was released.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6272|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

BARR_02 wrote:

No, it was going to have them but DICE took them out before the game was released.
Wow I never knew that.
robcr9
+111|6000
seen wookie sniper mod that has them, aswell as many other mods
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6779|San Antonio, Texas

daddyofdeath wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

BARR_02 wrote:

Wow I never knew that.
It's even in the game code of the released version, that's why you see mods with binoculars.
greensprite
awsm
+13|6185|Germany
You can see it when you look on an Spec Op. he got an binocular hanging on the one site.
i guess DICE just didn't remove it.
Wulf_HR
+2|5926|Zagreb, Croatia, EU
Too bad you dont have binocs, at least like SpecOps or Sniper or someone else...
greensprite
awsm
+13|6185|Germany

Wulf_HR wrote:

Too bad you dont have binocs, at least like SpecOps or Sniper or someone else...
yea i agree
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6167|San Antonio, Texas
Project Reality and Point of Existence 2 have binocs (both mods) and SOFLAMs (PR only), but not vanilla BF2.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-02-27 12:30:48)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5923|CA
Wow, I suppose this could have been handy...but oh well.

There were also certain phrases and voices removed...if you'll notice in the beginning video, a USMC soldier will yell "We're getting wasted!", and that line is even in the localization files...however it was removed.  I think the Squad system had gone through revisions and changes before it was fully implemented, as well.

Interesting, I wonder what else was removed from BF2...

Last edited by TopHat01 (2008-02-27 18:03:48)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6308|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

TopHat01 wrote:

Wow, I suppose this could have been handy...but oh well.

There were also certain phrases and voices removed...if you'll notice in the beginning video, a USMC soldier will yell "We're getting wasted!", and that line is even in the localization files...however it was removed.  I think the Squad system had gone through revisions and changes before it was fully implemented, as well.

Interesting, I wonder what else was removed from BF2...
the LCAC, among others
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Gfr28
+6|5934
my question is why did they remove it?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5980|Washington DC

Gfr28 wrote:

cause they wanted to be dicks
Gfr28
+6|5934

HurricaИe wrote:

Gfr28 wrote:

cause they wanted to be dicks
lol ...they could of been real useful
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6585|England

/wants my missing content guide back on wiki
Those "binoculars" is the simrad. Its still in the gamefiles, along with the hud help chat you get when you install the game.

Just to add spice, the F/A-18 was originally a two seater jet, with the second seat having the same LGM as the F15.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6577|Hungary

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

BARR_02 wrote:

Yeah DICE took out a lot of other thhings too
I still hope they incule those things with next patch.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6272|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
^ Theres a new patch coming out? ^
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6427|Somersetshire
no (we shouldn't think of a new patch, then we won't get disappointed lol)
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5923|CA
Rumor has it a new patch might be under development, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.  ON of my Clan members contacted EA, they said a patch could be released...but we all know how trustworthy EA is.

They could have possibly took them out for various reasons, either there were to many bugs / glitches with them and they decided it wasn't worth it, or made the game lag even more...What I find ironic is how the pre-release footage of BF2 looks so similar to all of the pre-release footage of Battlefield: Bad Company, it makes me wonder if BF:BC will end up having a ton of things removed as well.  (There is the scene in the BF2 movie where soldiers gather, a tank comes around a corner...and then in BF:BC pre-release, it's like they created that exact scene over again)

Too bad, BF2 had so much more potential. Those pre-release clips made me want to play...and all of it looked nicer (the scopes on Sniper Rifles were a nice Amber color versus a dull grey like they are now, the cars weren't "pre-destroyed", and could have the alarms set off, etc.)

Well, enough off my bantering.  I still enjoy BF2 for what it is right now, so I have nothing to complain about.

-TopHat

Last edited by TopHat01 (2008-02-28 23:02:26)

thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!

Snake wrote:

Those "binoculars" is the simrad. Its still in the gamefiles, along with the hud help chat you get when you install the game.

Just to add spice, the F/A-18 was originally a two seater jet, with the second seat having the same LGM as the F15.
god thank they didnt keep that! f18 is a onepilot fighter no pretty passenger plane...the could have those air-to-ground missiles as in wcc-coop v1.0 i think it was... those were nice
thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!

daddyofdeath wrote:

^ Theres a new patch coming out? ^
last think i saw...was bout a month ago ea came public with that there would not come any more patches for bf2 ...im waiting for the bf3 wich is expected to be relesed in december 2008 or later
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6585|England

thepilot91 wrote:

Snake wrote:

god thank they didnt keep that! f18 is a onepilot fighter no pretty passenger plane...the could have those air-to-ground missiles as in wcc-coop v1.0 i think it was... those were nice
Well, there are two-seater variants of the F/A-18, and the model in BF2 actually reflects the two-seater design: but it only has 1 seat.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6498|Sheffield-England

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

BARR_02 wrote:

Communists!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard