Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

What the hell, Some petrol stations around by where I live charge >£1.50 a litre, count yourselves lucky.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

usmarine wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

95 octance fuel was at 1,44 € /litre this week at my local station, that's about 2,16 US $ per litre = 8,16 US $ per gallon.

So anyone who tells me that he is being "robbed" when paying 3,59 $ / gallon in the US is obviously insane. I mean, that's 0,64 €/litre. I'd kill a homeless guy for such low fuel prices...
And if you think oil prices are high now, you wait until supply really becomes a problem.
Maybe because we have more people and use more of it.  We also produce our own oil.
Problem is you dont produce enough and held hostage to the fucken third world countries.
PluggedValve
+17|6342

usmarine wrote:

War has not one damn thing to do with it tbh.
So you figure that the US military doesnt use much oil + gas in the war??  They are "securing" national interest's (oil) in Iraq, but they are probably using more than the rest of the USA combined (well maybe not, but probably) but i can almost gaurantee that they use more oil and gas than 90% of sovern nations.

War does use alot of Oil and Gas.  That is part of what Hitler ran into leading to his big loss.

Seeing as your in the military (or were), how many gallons do you figure an Aircraft carrier goes through on a journey to th other side of the planet??  And then to coast around the gulf, and to fire rockets, and jets and tanks.  My guess is a tank would use 10 times what a flat deck truck would use if not more.

I bet the price of oil would actually go down if there was half of the US military's supply available for the public.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6444|SoCal

Superslim wrote:

Problem is you dont produce enough and held hostage to the fucken third world countries.
What talked abouting you is at the moment ma'am?
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH

NantanCochise wrote:

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

Look up the gas prices in the netherlands than u will be falling off your chair, remember that 1 euro is about 1.50 USD!
Fucking idiots in all the years i have been tanking i could buy a new house goddamnit, americans should not cry with those low prices and still make fackin war about it, dumb ass mfs. there you go. flame all you want yankees

netherlands have the highest gasprices of europe because of the stupid yankeedoodles

1,609€/litre =2.42USD
This is one of the most ignorant posts Ive ever read on these forums. The US does not control OPEC and Iraqs Oil was off the market even before the Iraq war. Saddam and Sanctions, Oil for Food program, does any of this ring a bell?
I only hear the bell of the cash register ringing.
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH

usmarine wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

95 octance fuel was at 1,44 € /litre this week at my local station, that's about 2,16 US $ per litre = 8,16 US $ per gallon.

So anyone who tells me that he is being "robbed" when paying 3,59 $ / gallon in the US is obviously insane. I mean, that's 0,64 €/litre. I'd kill a homeless guy for such low fuel prices...
And if you think oil prices are high now, you wait until supply really becomes a problem.
Maybe because we have more people and use more of it.  We also produce our own oil.
You mean, steal someone else oil.

Last edited by aTiLLa_NL (2008-02-28 16:21:07)

NantanCochise
+55|5980|Portugal/United States

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

usmarine wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Oh get off your high horse. Shell Oil is Dutch and is as corrupt as any other oil company who also exploit, extort, lobby and are part of the reason oil prices are so high.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769
There will be enough oil. In Australia a lot of the oil we have in the ground is either too acidic or has a lot of wax in it. Therefore you have to build refineries to remove the acid or oil. Expensive to do at $70 a barrel but not at $110
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

Prove it you idiot.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

PluggedValve wrote:

how many gallons do you figure an Aircraft carrier goes through on a journey to th other side of the planet??
its nuclear
CC-Marley
+407|6830
Oil is Abiotic. Always will be plenty.
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6164|Houston, Texas
hahaha 3 dollar oil. Oh how i do love texas. i can still get it in the 2.90's
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

liquix
+51|6455|Peoples Republic of Portland

CameronPoe wrote:

I say this: the higher the price of oil the better - it'll get us up off our asses to figure out a long long overdue sustainable alternative.
Although I agree with your opinion, I've yet to see once single realistic alternative to petroleum as a fuel source for automobiles. Solar simply isn't cost effective yet, hydrogen isn't, biofuel CERTAINLY isn't, and neither is that bullshite HHO water electrolysis vehicle.

I personally can't imagine any of these solutions as being sustainable with current tech. The only possible sustainable option is solar power. That's the only resource that won't run out the more we use it. I will bank on solar as the end all of energy sources, until we can use fusion. Pretty damn amazing to think that 1 kilogram of matter converted to 99% energy would supply enough power to produce everything you have every used in your whole life, power your car, your house, etc.....until after your dead in most cases as well.

ps: the matter to energy figure there is from my college physics professor, if anybody cares.
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH

usmarine wrote:

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

Prove it you idiot.
Better not start cursing. I know dexter, he hax u
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH

NantanCochise wrote:

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Oh get off your high horse. Shell Oil is Dutch and is as corrupt as any other oil company who also exploit, extort, lobby and are part of the reason oil prices are so high.
Hmm so you admit that all oil industry is corrupt...? That is nice. But one thing Shell is just a small percent. The rest is yankeedoodle and Russian. But Russian keep their own oil, so that leaves yankeedoodles
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

usmarine wrote:

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

Prove it you idiot.
Better not start cursing. I know dexter, he hax u
thats great.  Now prove your statement.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-02-29 10:05:17)

Commie Killer
+192|6389

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

NantanCochise wrote:

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

Hmm so you admit that all oil industry is corrupt...? That is nice. But one thing Shell is just a small percent. The rest is yankeedoodle and Russian. But Russian keep their own oil, so that leaves yankeedoodles
Russians sell their oil and gas all over Europe and the US you dumbass. I got a freaking Russian gas station 1/4 of a mile from my house.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

so that leaves yankeedoodles
and BP stands for.......?????????????????????????

Last edited by usmarine (2008-02-29 10:10:42)

siciliano732
+202|6651|New York

usmarine wrote:

War has not one damn thing to do with it tbh.
thank you.
Commie Killer
+192|6389

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

so that leaves yankeedoodles
It leaves everyone dumbass. Oil industry is corrupt, congrats, your a few years late on your amazing discovery, everyone else knows. Problem? No one is gonna do shit about it, so here we are, with a gas tax near a dollar, that is 1/3 of the total price of gas being payed to the government.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-02-29 10:14:10)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

geNius wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253 … /truck.jpg

it can do some damage on the drag racing
LMAO.
whats so funny
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
CC-Marley
+407|6830

Superslim wrote:

usmarine wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Don't we get most of our oil from Canada?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
You are correct that most of our oil comes from Canada.  Venezuela is right behind them, and then Saudi Arabia.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6532|The lunar module
'For the world as a whole, oil companies are expected to keep finding and developing enough oil to offset our seventy one million plus barrel a day of oil depletion, but also to meet new demand. By some estimates there will be an average of two per cent annual growth in global oil demand over the years ahead along with conservatively a three per cent natural decline in production from existing reserves. That means by 2010 we will need on the order of an additional fifty million barrels a day. So where is the oil going to come from?

Governments and the national oil companies are obviously controlling about ninety per cent of the assets. Oil remains fundamentally a government business. While many regions of the world offer great oil opportunities, the Middle East with two thirds of the world’s oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies, even though companies are anxious for greater access there, progress continues to be slow.

Oil is the only large industry whose leverage has not been all that effective in the political arena. Textiles, electronics, agriculture all seem oftentimes to be more influential. Our constituency is not only oilmen from Louisiana and Texas, but software writers in Massachusetts and specially steel producers in Pennsylvania. I am struck that this industry is so strong technically and financially yet not as politically successful or influential as are often smaller industries. We need to earn credibility to have our views heard.'

Dick Cheney, 1999

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard