Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

I don't know how this converts to $US/gallon, but prices constantly hit $AUS1.50 a litre here.
That's about $AUS6.00 a gallon. I'm not sure of the currency rates right now.

Edit:     
5.60925 USD

Damn.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

I noticed, while walking home today, that my local gas station is selling gallons of milk for $3.69.

I also noticed that Premium+ gas was $3.59 a gallon.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

cowami wrote:

I noticed, while walking home today, that my local gas station is selling gallons of milk for $3.69.

I also noticed that Premium+ gas was $3.59 a gallon.
and later this year food prices are going to shoot up
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
Its a combination, contracting supply, increasing demand, stupid adventure in the middle east.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

https://www.kitco.com/ind/Turk/images/feb252008_1.gif
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Kmarion wrote:

Spark wrote:

I don't know how this converts to $US/gallon, but prices constantly hit $AUS1.50 a litre here.
That's about $AUS6.00 a gallon. I'm not sure of the currency rates right now.

Edit:     
5.60925 USD

Damn.
Ouch... that sounds bad to the extreme.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6209
im not in the usa, here petrol is £1.09 for 95 ron..... thats nearly $2.20 per LITRE !!!
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6744|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
Jebus we pay nearly usd $9.90 a gallon here, costs me about USD $70 to half fill my car's tank..
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
im thinking about buying a ninja 250r. 70 mpg and parking anywhere would be nice.
13rin
+977|6481

Marinejuana wrote:

im thinking about buying a ninja 250r. 70 mpg and parking anywhere would be nice.
I bought one of these babies:
https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/DBBrinson/bike.jpg
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
imortal
+240|6667|Austin, TX

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

War has not one damn thing to do with it tbh.
Pfft.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7144774.stm

Iraqi oil output only reached it's pre-war level in December 2007.

Supply, demand, prices: you know how it works I'm sure.
About time, since the "insurgants" have been sabotaging the oil pipelines and facilities for years so the Iraqi goverment could not get funds rolling in.  A failure to get the oil 'out the door' would keep funds down, keep the people unhappy with life, the occupation, and the government; and that keeps their recruitment up and people less against them.  Basic PsyOps, at a gurrella level. (the asymetric fighter, not the ape)
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6414|Michigan, USA

A sheik in the middle east needs a 38th rolls-royce.  Seriously.
imortal
+240|6667|Austin, TX

twoblacklines wrote:

im not in the usa, here petrol is £1.09 for 95 ron..... thats nearly $2.20 per LITRE !!!
Yup, I am a bit upset that it just hit $3.09 a gallon here.  (that is about $0.79 a liter), of course, I am here in Texas.
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH
Look up the gas prices in the netherlands than u will be falling off your chair, remember that 1 euro is about 1.50 USD!
Fucking idiots in all the years i have been tanking i could buy a new house goddamnit, americans should not cry with those low prices and still make fackin war about it, dumb ass mfs. there you go. flame all you want yankees

netherlands have the highest gasprices of europe because of the stupid yankeedoodles

1,609€/litre =2.42USD
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
Wether you believe that Peak Oil is behind us or not (I certainly do) we seriously need to find alternate fuels.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

95 octance fuel was at 1,44 € /litre this week at my local station, that's about 2,16 US $ per litre = 8,16 US $ per gallon.

So anyone who tells me that he is being "robbed" when paying 3,59 $ / gallon in the US is obviously insane. I mean, that's 0,64 €/litre. I'd kill a homeless guy for such low fuel prices...
And if you think oil prices are high now, you wait until supply really becomes a problem.

Sooner or later, the big oil companies and car manufacturers will have to think of alternative energy ressources, and the earlier we do it, the earlier you can show those middle eastern oil barons the finger and pull your troops out of there to secure "strategic interests". If that is not an incentive, I don't know what would be.

Moreover, those who start investing in alternative energy research now, will be at the forefront of the money-making in the future.
Or do you want to leave that to the Chinese, too ?
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH

B.Schuss wrote:

So anyone who tells me that he is being "robbed" when paying 3,59 $ / gallon in the US is obviously insane. I mean, that's 0,64 €/litre. I'd kill a homeless guy for such low fuel prices...
And if you think oil prices are high now, you wait until supply really becomes a problem.
I agree, even if it's not even a homeless guy lol

No but serious, what you say is true..
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

I gurantee there's a huge reserve of oil somewhere, but we're not allowed to drill it in case it knackers the environment.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

B.Schuss wrote:

95 octance fuel was at 1,44 € /litre this week at my local station, that's about 2,16 US $ per litre = 8,16 US $ per gallon.

Maybe because we have more people and use more of it.  We also produce our own oil.
NantanCochise
+55|5980|Portugal/United States

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

Look up the gas prices in the netherlands than u will be falling off your chair, remember that 1 euro is about 1.50 USD!
Fucking idiots in all the years i have been tanking i could buy a new house goddamnit, americans should not cry with those low prices and still make fackin war about it, dumb ass mfs. there you go. flame all you want yankees

netherlands have the highest gasprices of europe because of the stupid yankeedoodles

1,609€/litre =2.42USD
This is one of the most ignorant posts Ive ever read on these forums. The US does not control OPEC and Iraqs Oil was off the market even before the Iraq war. Saddam and Sanctions, Oil for Food program, does any of this ring a bell?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

1,609€/litre =2.42USD
Stupid euro
imortal
+240|6667|Austin, TX

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

1,609€/litre =2.42USD
Perhaps you should look to the taxes your goverment levi on your gas.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51

CameronPoe wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

The television unit says it's at $100 a barrel, again, and Opec is cutting production.  I've seen prices go from $3.00 to $3.55 in about a week here.

I blame China too.  Fuel war will occur within the next decade since it's a national security issue for us and probably the other countries of the world.  and of course the USA won't evolve away from fossil fuel, so I predict Armageddon will be fuel warfare related!
Well you guys use far more than you actually need. A little bit of economising on the gas guzzlers would probably stave off a war by a decade.
True, America has 2% of the worlds oil reserves but uses a staggering 25%! (Or so I was told by Discovery Channel )

Last edited by RDMC (2008-02-28 14:59:01)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6196|Schofield Barracks
nuclear power ftw?
geNius
..!.,
+144|6444|SoCal

SEREMAKER wrote:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253 … /truck.jpg

it can do some damage on the drag racing
LMAO.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png