Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080226/ts_ … 9rQpxvaA8F
https://i26.tinypic.com/j99gg1.jpg
Mon dieu!

France may send hundreds of ground troops to east Afghanistan where NATO-led forces are fighting al Qaeda-backed insurgents, Le Monde newspaper reported on Tuesday.

It said the move would be part of a new Afghan policy being worked out by President Nicolas Sarkozy and his advisers.

France has about 1,900 soldiers under NATO’s Afghan command, most of them based in relatively calm Kabul, and Le Monde said the fresh troops would be deployed outside the capital.

“Their destination would be zones of potentially fierce fighting, preferably the eastern region of Afghanistan close to the tribal areas of Pakistan,” it said.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
I dislike the fact that I like Sarkozy
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
Go France
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6638|Amsterdam, NY

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Let's see if they can finally get something going that will give their country some Military pride, and I'm not even joking here
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Let's see if they can finally get something going that will give their country some Military pride, and I'm not even joking here
French military history extends over 2,000 years. <3 the French.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Incidentally he has something in common with his US counterpart - his approval rating is at an all-time low. A French buddy of mine who thought he would be great for France round election-time now thinks he's a plonker.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Not familiar with the Battles of Austerlitz and Jena I see. They also militarily pounded Csarist Russia's ass but eventually paid the ultimate price for a simple tactical error at the top level. Even in retreat they managed to come off better in battles where they were vastly outnumbered.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-02-26 15:36:04)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

I like the French again.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

Kmarion wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Yeah but recently they've been doing not so well. I mean, afterall. Iraq was the cradle of civilisation at one point...

but who am I to judge, I haven't served in the military (yet, it's an open option for me that's looking more and more likely)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Yeah but recently they've been doing not so well. I mean, afterall. Iraq was the cradle of civilisation at one point...

but who am I to judge, I haven't served in the military (yet, it's an open option for me that's looking more and more likely)
Well, Americans in particular should appreciate the French. Who in the hell wants a friend that always agrees with them anyways?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
SOB now when there army surrenders in Afghanistan we will have to save there asses for I think the 3rd time
Mr.Dude2
+13|6324| Bay Area Calif. USA
We give up....France.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6623|EU

Good news, except that more zinc caskets will be needed. Good luck for them anyway!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

legionair wrote:

Good news, except that more zinc caskets will be needed. Good luck for them anyway!
What kind of comment is that?
RECONDO67
+60|6636|miami FL
about time the damn frenchies get involved in something we need help in.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6623|EU

usmarine wrote:

legionair wrote:

The fact that they are moving in the regions which are still under Taliban influence so from sitting back in base they will have to fight in asymethric warfare.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

legionair wrote:

usmarine wrote:

legionair wrote:

The fact that they are moving in the regions which are still under Taliban influence so from sitting back in base they will have to fight in asymethric warfare.
say that next time then
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647

usmarine wrote:

legionair wrote:

War is futile, don't fight ever.
c14u53w172
+31|5998|tomania
how many french soldiers does it take to defend paris?

nobody knows. has never happened
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

c14u53w172 wrote:

You're funny

Why not just post a Chuck Norris joke?  Honestly.
HudsonFalcon
+20|5931|New York
Hopefully their talk turns into action.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
tbh NATO would have to stay in Afghanistan indefinitely to prevent the place from descending into the darkest recesses of hell again and tbh I don't know why they're wasting their money. It is and always has been the stinky armpit of Asia. I think western governments could find more constructive things to spend their money on.

Let's face it, the elected leader of the country - Hamid Karzai - once said that 'there were many wonderful people in the Taliban' and the Afghan Taliban are 'always welcome' in Afghanistan.

He also blatantly contradicts the US, probably correctly and honestly, when he says Iran has been a 'helper and a solution' in Afghanistan and that "Iran has been a supporter of Afghanistan, in the peace process that we have and the fight against terror, and the fight against narcotics in Afghanistan...".

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-02-26 16:11:21)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647

Spearhead wrote:

c14u53w172 wrote:

You're funny

Did you know that one third of the French flag is white? It's cuz they surrender a third of the time... er something.... durrrr....
c14u53w172
+31|5998|tomania

Spearhead wrote:

c14u53w172 wrote:

You're funny

hey, this is a benzino napaloni joke. or did my granddad hear that joke at the westwall? can't remember

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard