Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6475|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Okay so I'm trying to set up my joystick for Battlefield 2 (Well, Project Reality really) but something isn't quite working.  It will recognize Buttons when I go to remap it, but none of the axis', nor the throttle.  Halp?  Logitech Wingman Extreme.
Stimey
­
+786|6117|Ontario | Canada
All drivers on CD installed?
­
­
­
­
­
­
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
Tried updating, but the Software doesn't detect my joystick, and when I go into the normal Windows program, it says the Device isn't responding.
Swissy201
That guy
+12|6275
I've had a problem with the deadzone being too small. Try setting the deadzones to 10% or something, then set it up (and you can always set it back at 0 when you're done).
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
I can't set anything because it doesn't even recognize it.  It's wierd because I can get it to recognize buttons, but not the axis'
Swissy201
That guy
+12|6275
Have you tried calibrating it?
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War

Swissy201 wrote:

Have you tried calibrating it?
It won't recognize it to calibrate it.  Windows says the device isn't responding, and Logitech's program doesn't even detect it at all.
Swissy201
That guy
+12|6275
I presume youre running Vista.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
No, XP

Last edited by Major.League.Infidel (2008-02-25 16:42:02)

Swissy201
That guy
+12|6275
Damn, I got nothing then, sorry.
Daggoth-UR-XXX
+21|6581|NC, USA, Earth, Milky Way
This is my joystick and I have to calibrate this MOFO everytime I turn off my computer or unplug the usb cord.  My Z-axis is off center and my throttle is always at max when I reboot.

https://minskdigital.com/pic/large/logitech_extreme_3d_pro.jpg

As for what you have:

I'd suggest deleting any files associated with the joystick, reboot, try different usb port, install software + any patches, calibrate and pray.  Logitech makes good stuff when it decides it wants to work.

Worse comes to worse, buy a new joystick.  These things happen kinda like my LCD monitor burned out after 4 months of its purchase.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6609|balls
if your a frequent flyer just calibrate before you play each day.  i remember having to do that for bf1942 with my old joystick.  got a saitek cyborg evo now and haven't used it for awhile now, but i didn't fly that often so i would just calibrate everytime i wanted to fly.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6332|Oregon
Is it a USB joystick, or do you run through an adapter?
DSRTurtle
+56|6683
Try plugging it into a different USB Port.  If that doesn't work you probably have a dead joystick and need to replace it.  If it does work, then you probably have a dead usb port.
aimless
+166|6122|Texas
Could it be that it's just broken?
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
It's a USB Joystick.  I'm leaning to it's just dead because it's Old.  Shame, I really like the layout.  I'll get a Sidewinder next i suppose
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6826|Grapevine, TX

Daggoth-UR-XXX wrote:

This is my joystick and I have to calibrate this MOFO everytime I turn off my computer or unplug the usb cord.  My Z-axis is off center and my throttle is always at max when I reboot.

https://minskdigital.com/pic/large/logitech_extreme_3d_pro.jpg

As for what you have:
I'd suggest deleting any files associated with the joystick, reboot, try different usb port, install software + any patches, calibrate and pray.  Logitech makes good stuff when it decides it wants to work.
Worse comes to worse, buy a new joystick.  These things happen kinda like my LCD monitor burned out after 4 months of its purchase.
Sorry man but your screwed. The Logitech is fine until it finally fails and does this. 100s of threads about it. Mine did same thing.

Major, Are you setting up the X & Y axis in Options> Controls> Aircraft/ Helicopter? Like where you have to push up/ down to map the axis?
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Sorry man but your screwed. The Logitech is fine until it finally fails and does this. 100s of threads about it. Mine did same thing.

Major, Are you setting up the X & Y axis in Options> Controls> Aircraft/ Helicopter? Like where you have to push up/ down to map the axis?
Yes
aimless
+166|6122|Texas

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Daggoth-UR-XXX wrote:

http://minskdigital.com/pic/large/logit … 3d_pro.jpg

As for what you have:

I have the exact same joystick. Been using it daily for almost a year now. Never had to recalibrate, no loss of sensitivity. Runs perfectly fine as the day I bought it. I guess some people get back luck.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

aimless wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Daggoth-UR-XXX wrote:

http://minskdigital.com/pic/large/logit … 3d_pro.jpg

As for what you have:

I have the exact same joystick. Been using it daily for almost a year now. Never had to recalibrate, no loss of sensitivity. Runs perfectly fine as the day I bought it. I guess some people get back luck.
It's only a matter of time.  I've had that same joystick, as did a co-worker of mine, and they both did the exact same thing described.  This is a long known issue, and as noted, do a little Google search for issues with that model of joystick and you will find numerous listings for the problem described.  You can even find a few of them in the Newegg reviews from customers.  It is an inherent flaw in the joystick, not a few people that got a bad one.

The really sad thing is that for weight, feel, number/position of buttons, it was one of my favorite joysticks.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2008-02-26 07:09:09)

[Jett-CC]-Megadeth_Fan
Teh Ultimate Lurker
+16|6571|Kansas City

aimless wrote:

Same here.....only problem I ever get is a very slight right turn when it is centered.  I've tried looking in the control panel but I can't calibrate it because it's a usb connection?  I just use it anyways since it's very slight.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

[Jett-CC]-Megadeth_Fan wrote:

aimless wrote:

Same here.....only problem I ever get is a very slight right turn when it is centered.  I've tried looking in the control panel but I can't calibrate it because it's a usb connection?  I just use it anyways since it's very slight.
That's the problem.  It will continue to get worse until you almost can't make a left turn because you have the stick held to the left just to keep yourself going in a straight line.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard