Des.Kmal
+917|6615|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Havok wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

ripfest2006 wrote:

the ignorance in this thread is overwhelming
yes. lol

they cant accept anything other than their own ideals. its funny.

THEY are why marijuana will never be legalized, not because its bad.
Tell me then Kmal, why was marijuana banned in the first place if it has such apparent benefits?
harry j anslinger had a problem with "drugs" and he was lead of the DEA, sooooo.... he made it illegal. i believe his "problem" was that his daughter died from an OD on heroin.

if this is the case havok, since i see you are so smart, why the fuck is hemp ILLEGAL? i can see the connection being made that growing hemp for paper and rope and stuff would make kids wanna smoke weed...... yeah.....

also, as a retort to that... why is alcohol legal? or cigarettes? i mean.... both of them together cause almost half a million PEOPLE A YEAR to die... not to mention drunk driving, second hand smoke, and cancer of lungs and liver.

clearly those 2 should be the drug of choice. marijuana is the devil.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6127|North Tonawanda, NY

CC-Marley wrote:

Did I say it was OK? Just stating facts boy.
The way it was stated implied acceptance.  Did I really need to spell that out for you, champ?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

ripfest2006 wrote:

let them keep living in their sheltered environments; it's their loss in the long run. it's 2008 guys. if you fail to realize that there are a lot more important things going on in our society than pot, i really do feel sorry for you. i can't imagine being brought up feeling the way you guys do. you'll realize how stupid your ways of thinking are in a few years (i hope)
Heh.  Trying to take the highroad, eh?
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6325

why u guys waste ur time arguing this over and over again? I'm gonna go get high. If I never post again, I guess that means I killed myself.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
ripfest2006
Banned
+10|6609

SenorToenails wrote:

ripfest2006 wrote:

let them keep living in their sheltered environments; it's their loss in the long run. it's 2008 guys. if you fail to realize that there are a lot more important things going on in our society than pot, i really do feel sorry for you. i can't imagine being brought up feeling the way you guys do. you'll realize how stupid your ways of thinking are in a few years (i hope)
Heh.  Trying to take the highroad, eh?
nope. i'm just trying to help these kids realize how wrong they are. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but at what point will they understand that there is no justified reason for mairjuana being illegal? i'm only trying to help. i guarantee they will thank me in the future. having an open mind is one of the greatest qualities of mankind, so don't let it go to waste.
ripfest2006
Banned
+10|6609

Im_Dooomed wrote:

why u guys waste ur time arguing this over and over again? I'm gonna go get high. If I never post again, I guess that means I killed myself.
sounds like a plan mate. i've said all i needed to say to these cats. good day.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

ripfest2006 wrote:

nope. i'm just trying to help these kids realize how wrong they are. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but at what point will they understand that there is no justified reason for mairjuana being illegal? i'm only trying to help. i guarantee they will thank me in the future. having an open mind is one of the greatest qualities of mankind, so don't let it go to waste.
I think it ought to be legalized, or at least, decriminalized.  I can see keeping narcotics and cocaine, etc... controlled, but marijuana isn't so bad.  That whole gateway drug business is sheer nonsense anyway.  But personally, I won't touch the stuff.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6177
My sister's lungs collapsed at age of 28 and almost died. She didn't smoke cigarettes and the doctors showed her the damage to her lungs from smoking pot. They told her that if she kept smoking pot that she would either die from a lung collapse (a second collapse would be catastrophic) or die from her extremely elevated blood pressure and elevated heart rate and pot was solely responsible for her health issues. She had two young daughters who she didnt even think twice about smoking pot in front of them. Her husband also was heavily into pot smoking and had two car accidents while under the influence of pot.

Eventually she cleaned up, her husband didn't and the marriage ended because he did not want to kick the habit and wasting money on the habit. She is clean and sober. Neither one of them smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol. Their problems stemmed from the use of pot. I don't care what this chart or any other chart says. Pot damaged my family and my sister now believes that she made a huge mistake in believing what some of you believe. She used to be the same way, but now she knows better and would tell you the same.

Her life is tons better after getting off pot, her health and life are back on track. Pot can and will damage your body, can and will alter your mind and can alter it enough to be serious danger on the road, as dangerous as and drunk driver. I once took a ride with my brother in law while he was high....he was all over the road and I never rode with him again. Im 38 years old so you are not talking to a kid, you can believe what you want and believe that nothing will happen. I know first hand what it can do and I find it very ignorant to believe otherwise.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6347|Iowa...
read this page and then tell me pot doesn't affect you negatively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_iss … f_cannabis
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina
Death, I'm sorry to hear what your sister had to go through, but the lessons of Prohibition should still ring true to Americans.

We tried banning alcohol, and instead of promoting temperance, we promoted organized crime.

We banned pot, and we did the same.

You can't legislate morality.

What you can do is regulate substances like pot, which makes it easier to keep them out of the hands of kids while gaining tax revenue and freeing up prison space.  The War on Drugs is just as futile as the War on Guns.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6177

Turquoise wrote:

Death, I'm sorry to hear what your sister had to go through, but the lessons of Prohibition should still ring true to Americans.

We tried banning alcohol, and instead of promoting temperance, we promoted organized crime.

We banned pot, and we did the same.

You can't legislate morality.

What you can do is regulate substances like pot, which makes it easier to keep them out of the hands of kids while gaining tax revenue and freeing up prison space.  The War on Drugs is just as futile as the War on Guns.
I totally agree with you. I just don't agree when people say that Pot doesn't kill. Pot can kill in direct and in indirect ways and when someone posts things like the original OP trying to make it look like some wonderful, innocent drug that will actually heal you, make your brain bigger....blah, blah, blah....then people like me who have experienced quite the opposite will say something.

If you want to sit and home and be wasted....that is your decision but don't risk the lives of others once you step out of your home. Don't preach that pot is healthy when in fact it is not. It CAN be as dangerous as smoking cigarettes and it CAN be as mind altering as being drunk. There is a reason why you get arrested under the influence of pot or alcohol because accidents do occur with both and laws should be in place to protect people and their property.

I have nothing against alcohol drinkers, I have nothing against anybody doing really what they want. Just keep it to yourself. The problem is that once you are under the influence of ANY drug, sometimes your decision making, rationality go out the door and affect other people. That is when you cross the line and should be put back in line. I don't drink, smoke or do any drugs and never will. I had too much experience growing up and learned very early on in life what to stay away from and have lived my life accordingly.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

aj0404 wrote:

Negative side effects are not enough of a reason to ban something.  As many people have said, alcohol and tobacco have pretty bad side effects, but they are legal.  The criminalization of marijuana seems fairly arbitrary.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6547|CH/BR - in UK

S.Lythberg wrote:

ban smoking and drinking too, I wouldn't mind.
Me either. Saying that something should be legalized because something just as dangerous is legal too should not count as an argument for legalizing, but against the already legal things. That is a terrible argument, and I'm sick of hearing it. When you bring arguments that I've not already countered in previous discussions, I'll be glad to participate again.

-konfusion
ripfest2006
Banned
+10|6609

konfusion wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

ban smoking and drinking too, I wouldn't mind.
Me either. Saying that something should be legalized because something just as dangerous is legal too should not count as an argument for legalizing, but against the already legal things. That is a terrible argument, and I'm sick of hearing it. When you bring arguments that I've not already countered in previous discussions, I'll be glad to participate again.

-konfusion
well in case you didn't know, that's not what we're arguing. thanks though...

-ripfest2006

Last edited by ripfest2006 (2008-02-25 14:38:12)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6704|67.222.138.85
Great posts by Turquoise and DeathBecomesYu. Agree fully.
Des.Kmal
+917|6615|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

My sister's lungs collapsed at age of 28 and almost died. She didn't smoke cigarettes and the doctors showed her the damage to her lungs from smoking pot. They told her that if she kept smoking pot that she would either die from a lung collapse (a second collapse would be catastrophic) or die from her extremely elevated blood pressure and elevated heart rate and pot was solely responsible for her health issues. She had two young daughters who she didnt even think twice about smoking pot in front of them. Her husband also was heavily into pot smoking and had two car accidents while under the influence of pot.

Eventually she cleaned up, her husband didn't and the marriage ended because he did not want to kick the habit and wasting money on the habit. She is clean and sober. Neither one of them smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol. Their problems stemmed from the use of pot. I don't care what this chart or any other chart says. Pot damaged my family and my sister now believes that she made a huge mistake in believing what some of you believe. She used to be the same way, but now she knows better and would tell you the same.

Her life is tons better after getting off pot, her health and life are back on track. Pot can and will damage your body, can and will alter your mind and can alter it enough to be serious danger on the road, as dangerous as and drunk driver. I once took a ride with my brother in law while he was high....he was all over the road and I never rode with him again. Im 38 years old so you are not talking to a kid, you can believe what you want and believe that nothing will happen. I know first hand what it can do and I find it very ignorant to believe otherwise.
dude.... its the person before hand... my dad smoked a joint before work, during lunch break, and after he got off work.... he made more money in his masonry business than many CEO's i know....

the person not the drug, if you have enough self control, you wont let it effect you.

if i have something important to do, i just dont fucking get high. how hard is that?

video games are harder to quit than weed. end of story. its not as addicting/life changing as you might think...

plus, i have a similar story about alcohol....  my dad went into severe DTs because of alcohol, and the doctor said he CANT quit drinking because he would die. he would have to ween himself off it. he had a seizure because of alcohol..... you dont have DTs with marijuana...........
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

I totally agree with you. I just don't agree when people say that Pot doesn't kill. Pot can kill in direct and in indirect ways and when someone posts things like the original OP trying to make it look like some wonderful, innocent drug that will actually heal you, make your brain bigger....blah, blah, blah....then people like me who have experienced quite the opposite will say something.

If you want to sit and home and be wasted....that is your decision but don't risk the lives of others once you step out of your home. Don't preach that pot is healthy when in fact it is not. It CAN be as dangerous as smoking cigarettes and it CAN be as mind altering as being drunk. There is a reason why you get arrested under the influence of pot or alcohol because accidents do occur with both and laws should be in place to protect people and their property.

I have nothing against alcohol drinkers, I have nothing against anybody doing really what they want. Just keep it to yourself. The problem is that once you are under the influence of ANY drug, sometimes your decision making, rationality go out the door and affect other people. That is when you cross the line and should be put back in line. I don't drink, smoke or do any drugs and never will. I had too much experience growing up and learned very early on in life what to stay away from and have lived my life accordingly.
Well, in that case, I totally agree with you as well.  I used to do a good amount of pot in college, but I don't now because of drug tests.  If pot was legalized, I'd probably only do it socially, since I'm in no hurry to fuck up my lungs and memory.

I don't even drink much anymore because of the damage it can do to your liver.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6347|Iowa...

SenorToenails wrote:

aj0404 wrote:

Negative side effects are not enough of a reason to ban something.
i'm not saying they are.i'm simply disproving Kmal in his claim that smoking does not impair him or have an effect on his actions.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6682|Espoo, Finland
I have zero respect for people who drive high.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6516|Πάϊ
You know what it is Kmal? All my friends who smoke sooner or later go into this phase where all they think about is pot. Where to get it, how much it costs, where to smoke etc. They distance themselves from those of us who don't. It takes up way too much of their time. All they do is sit in someone's house and smoke day in day out. There is no time or willingness for anything else. It all loses its meaning somehow.

Personally I prefer to drink. It's more of a social thing. You go out, mingle with people etc. I never drink alone. I keep all kinds of liquor in the house for when friends come over etc but never touch it if there's no one around to share. Definitely, drinking is not the activity that characterizes my life. It's just a very small part of who I am. I can exist without it. Don't need it. And if I ever sense that it's becoming something more than that, I'll quit it.

It's the same as bf2 and wow. With bf2 you might play a few rounds here and there, and that's it. Wow definitely takes up more - if not all of your time.
ƒ³
Dersmikner
+147|6495|Texas
I'm not sure that pot is all that bad for you, though I have to say I don't do it, but there is exactly zero chance I'd ever put any weight behind a bullshit pseudo-scientific presentation like that.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

It's illegal.  get over it.
PureFodder
+225|6283

A brief look at the history of the banning of Cannabis by Noam Chomsky.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

usmarine wrote:

It's illegal.  get over it.
Not if Jack Herer has his way.  It will be interesting to see if this initiative gets on the ballot.

On a related note, enroll at Oaksterdam University.

Yes, we are crazy in California.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-02-25 17:42:55)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
Jack Herer is a little crazy, so I would take everything he says a little less than seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard