Andrew685
+1|6006|Australia
I think 1 star looks better then the others
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6658|United States
The colonel rank looks so much cooler then general rank.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6334|Australia
I used to be in the same situation as you. I was approaching the 180k mark and I was deciding whether or not to get the hours I needed in the jet/helo/tank, or just to stick with colonel. I decided to go with the stars because:
1) Being promoted is awsm.
2) Getting badges/medals is awsm.
3) I think they look secks.
4) I now outrank all of the IO colonel nubs, so I get the commander position.
In the end, it just comes down to what you think is good.
Chullster
I'm dead? I'm shit, I'm leaving.
+28|6432|My gaff
Come now Cable, let your love for armour grow on Tampa with me and my clan, we love it on there and all we do is engineers in tanks.

PM me when you're usually online or just hang on Battleforce 24/7 Tampa or the =SF= Tampa, those are the good servers for that map.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6293|eng
Go for the Brigadier General. Few reasons:

1. It looks the coolest.
2. It's the rarest.
3. It shows you are a good and balanced player, because you need badges for it.
4. It looks the coolest!
#rekt
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6310|The | Netherlands

Toilet Sex wrote:

I had the choice of colonel or 3 star, and I wish I'd kept the colonel rank. It looks cooler on the leaderboard IMO.
I know I'm sexy <3
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6660|pimelteror.de
tank whore on citymaps. a lot of frags and fun. and being stuck on colonel is for IO nubs.
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine
Still a Colonel, decided not to fly jets (I suck at it) and stay Colonel forever.
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

1. It looks the coolest.
2. It's the rarest.
4. It looks the coolest!
Yes, but it only lasts for 50-70 hours untill you get time requirements for 2 star
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6572|Area 51
Tbh, 1 star gens and 2 star gens are much more better than the Colonel! 3 stars suck

Longbow wrote:

Still a Colonel, decided not to fly jets (I suck at it) and stay Colonel forever.
Thats why you need to practice

Last edited by RDMC (2008-02-25 01:55:25)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6630|EU

I will post epic sentence from EAs messege: "Highest rank gives you opportunity over lower ranked players when applying for commander."

Go for stars!
CloakedStarship
+76|6572

Longbow wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

1. It looks the coolest.
2. It's the rarest.
4. It looks the coolest!
Yes, but it only lasts for 50-70 hours untill you get time requirements for 2 star
Yeah, 1star FTW, I enjoyed that rank the most.

While all of that is true, and most people will probably have just about that much time with 1 star, you could just not get one of the veteran badges for one of the kits and then you'll be a 1 star forever.

UBAR wrote:

Requirements:

* Score: 180,000
    * Awards: Veteran Knife Combat Badge, Veteran Pistol Combat Badge, Veteran Assault Combat Badge, Veteran Anti-tank Combat Badge, Veteran Sniper Combat Badge, Veteran Spec Ops Combat Badge, Veteran Support Combat Badge, Veteran Engineer Combat Badge, Veteran Medic Combat Badge
    * Notes: Requires 1250 hours playtime
But alas, most people by this time already have expert everything.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6654|I smell corners

blacklupus wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

why not go for the highest rank possible?
You wanna go for General or only for two stars?
lupus stinkt
velocitychaos
+26|6503|Brisbane Australia
I'm pretty well much in the same boat as you 'cept i've got to do 26 + hrs as aviator and about 47 hrs as armour with 10,809 points to go,

so i'm going for it, even though i really like the look of the wings the way i look at it is  i've come this far, why not go the whole hog.

Last edited by velocitychaos (2008-02-25 05:17:04)

Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6533|Milkystania, yurop
A quote from Paul Hardcastle should help out..

Nininininininininin Nineteen, 19, Ni-nineteen 19

Last edited by Magpie (2008-02-25 05:20:48)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6293|eng

Magpie wrote:

Yeah, that really helped. I'm sure the OP knows exactly what to do now.
#rekt
cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.

t0mhank5 wrote:

its what I do best. Come on, you had those 10 minutes to catch up to me while I was eating dinner.
Without you there I lost all my backup. That one guy kept spawning on me, I had to tell him to grab a vehicle every time. Remember how we kept running into two tanks at a time? Well that kept happening when you were gone.

Chullster wrote:

Come now Cable, let your love for armour grow on Tampa with me and my clan, we love it on there and all we do is engineers in tanks.

PM me when you're usually online or just hang on Battleforce 24/7 Tampa or the =SF= Tampa, those are the good servers for that map.
Sovereign Forces can suck my dick.

Do you guys use mics? I've never heard you use one. I can't handle being on quiet squads, I'd rather just lone wolf it.

The best map to tank on is Taraba 16. It sucks because the only server that will run it is the US bf2s server, but hardly anyone plays there.
Chullster
+28|6432|My gaff

cablecopulate wrote:

Sovereign Forces can suck my dick.

Do you guys use mics? I've never heard you use one. I can't handle being on quiet squads, I'd rather just lone wolf it.

The best map to tank on is Taraba 16. It sucks because the only server that will run it is the US bf2s server, but hardly anyone plays there.
Glad you don't like the =SF= server, as we prefer the Battleforce Tampa, as it has working battlerecorder

I presume you've TVed the =SF= guys one time too many and had a tiff?

We like the =SF= server when Battleforce is full (which it is a lot), and our clan got this compliment from the admins a couple of months back:

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/chullster/screen394-1.png

I use a mic all the time mate, but I'm in Teamspeak with friends usually so the in squad VIOP is rarely used unless we get some teamwork from other non-clan members. I don't think I've squaded with you apart from that time on Harvest when it all went wrong. I'll dip into the BF 24/7 Tampa on and off and keep an eye out for you, and make sure I say "Hello" on voice first thing

I'd love to try that 16 player Taraba, never seen the BF2s US sever on the lists, but now I'll have a check each time I'm online.
cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.

Chullster wrote:

I presume you've TVed the =SF= guys one time too many and had a tiff?
Yeah. Their admins need to learn how to get beat. I've been told I reload too fast, see too far, and my pb shots come back black. Then I had one guy tell me he was talking to admins on xfire and that there were other admins that thought I hacked. It was crazy.  I don't need all that drama. I get enough on the legion servers with people wanting to "cut me in half."

It's possible we haven't squadded up much, I don't know. I've seen you on a lot in the past, thought we had squadded up a bunch.
Chullster
+28|6432|My gaff

cablecopulate wrote:

I get enough on the legion servers with people wanting to "cut me in half."

It's possible we haven't squadded up much, I don't know. I've seen you on a lot in the past, thought we had squadded up a bunch.
Yeah but on the legion servers you can just ignore any ranters. BTW, You had any RL threats from BF2? ie from people who must drink too much coffee?

Whenever I used to see you on the legion servers, I would end up on the oppersite teams, as "my side" would be leaving more often, and I prefer a pilots chopper like the MD530, over the AH too

Recently, through no desire on my or my clans part, we've ended up on oppersite teams on the IO matches. Sods law.
cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.

Chullster wrote:

Yeah but on the legion servers you can just ignore any ranters. BTW, You had any RL threats from BF2? ie from people who must drink too much coffee?

Whenever I used to see you on the legion servers, I would end up on the oppersite teams, as "my side" would be leaving more often, and I prefer a pilots chopper like the MD530, over the AH too

Recently, through no desire on my or my clans part, we've ended up on oppersite teams on the IO matches. Sods law.
I can ignore complainers on any server, but when admins start throwing around false accusations, that's a good indicator the server is a piece of shit. Especially when they only bring it up when they are on opposite team of me. But hey, if you're on the same team, they can't team up fast enough.

I haven't had any threats to my "face" but I've been told 2 people talk a lot of shit when I am not around and I guess both said they wanted to cut me in two. Both are quiet when they join my squads. Fuck 'em, it's a game.
Chullster
+28|6432|My gaff

cablecopulate wrote:

Fuck 'em, it's a game.
Tell that to this guy...I've got a picture for every occasion...

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/chullster/screen125.jpg

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/chullster/screen130-1.jpg

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/chullster/screen136.jpg
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6533|Milkystania, yurop

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Yeah, that really helped. I'm sure the OP knows exactly what to do now.
Im glad that i managed to help him out
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Colonel rank looks better, but to get that far in the game and not earn general is foolhardy.
0ne-eyed_joe
Hopper Chore
+14|5927|Lancashire,England

cablecopulate wrote:

So now I am stuck with a dilemna, Colonel or General. In under a week I will pass 180,000 pts, qualifying for 2 stars. The Colonel rank looks way cooler than 2 stars. But I've wasted over 1000 hours of my life on the game, why not go for the highest rank possible? I am around 20 hours away from veteran armor. Of course I'd rather not spend any time in armor, it's boring as fuck. I'll probably just go for the stars.

So if you had a choice (or did) would you go with Colonel or General?
Judging by your stats I'd assumed that you had become at One with your machine and are now a part of the bf2-matrix.  And I doubt that you could survive more than a few minutes outside of it.  To be frank I don't think you could even change your underpants before the BF3 trailer is released. General is your destiny........ +1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard