No/Yes
+14|5948|California, USA
Guys, I need help fixing my game.

The game loads up fine, but when it's time to pick a server, a lot of the servers don't respond.  IT says my ping is like 1000 too.  I've tried uninstalling, anything else?

I'll provide SS if you need them.
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney
firewall problems or something?

does windows recognize it?
ozzie_johnson
+98|6664|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
Have you Tried screwing around with your filters and setting it to your country.
No/Yes
+14|5948|California, USA
adding on to problems.. If i play CS, it shuts off my internet completely unless i restart.

ozzie_johnson wrote:

Have you Tried screwing around with your filters and setting it to your country.
It's not filter problems, I have everything set as it should be

Last edited by No/Yes (2008-02-24 22:28:40)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6708
My money is on a firewall blocking it.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6655|Washington DC

Can you tell us what your network/internet connection looks like from a technical standpoint (e.g. "My computer is on a wired 100bT, connected to a Westell 6100 DSL and to Verizon DSL at 1.5 mbps."

I'm wondering if you are having a problem with your network, such as interference on your wireless or DSL (if you have them).  That would explain the high pings and connection drops).

(Also, moving to tech).
No/Yes
+14|5948|California, USA

OrangeHound wrote:

Can you tell us what your network/internet connection looks like from a technical standpoint (e.g. "My computer is on a wired 100bT, connected to a Westell 6100 DSL and to Verizon DSL at 1.5 mbps."

I'm wondering if you are having a problem with your network, such as interference on your wireless or DSL (if you have them).  That would explain the high pings and connection drops).

(Also, moving to tech).
I don't use wireless, or DSL.  I use a verizon fiber optics cable that goes 15mps download and upload at top speed. 

https://www.speedtest.net/result/238833596.png
[Jett-CC]-Megadeth_Fan
Teh Ultimate Lurker
+16|6580|Kansas City
do you use a router?
prototype
+52|6317
i had the same problem and it was my router/firewall

also zone alarm and CSS/steam hate eachother

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard