polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

Schuss you need to join FtB
Riaz1985
+0|6762|Vermont
scooby can take himself out of the air better then aa....
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

Riaz1985 wrote:

scooby can take himself out of the air better then aa....
rofl good point
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
Basically Slay you are still bragging that you are the best person ever to play BF2 and bitching at the same time. Thought you were better than that. If you've adapted, then you've learned the patch before everyone else did, and if you've done that then what the hells your problem, I dont' want to see pictures of you game, I could care less, dangle them in front of someone else that's on your teabags.
First all you BF2ers said the AA sucked and the flyboys were laughing with thier 75kills to 0 deaths. Now the flyboys are bitching that they can't get in the air. Boo freakin' Hoo. Has anyone here mature enough to say the word TACTICS. Where is the fun in the game? There is more to this game than Points and K/D ratio's
Vic42
+2|6731|Sacramento, California

imdead wrote:

Basically Slay you are still bragging that you are the best person ever to play BF2 and bitching at the same time. Thought you were better than that.
You don't understand! Slay is ONLY better than everyone now, not 3X better like he was before! How can the game be fair and balanced if Slay can't finish first every round?

Tragic. I weep for your loss Slay.
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6760|Leipzig/Germany

Riaz1985 wrote:

A few things i need to say...

getting rid of dolphin diving, fine with me, jumping and shooting? coulda just made it wicked inaccurate, claymores and land mines with IFF? roflmao! whatever.

im not a jet pilot, but i have to agree the AA is way to powerful, i spend most of my time on the ground and to be honest i miss air support. ground armor is just destroying infantry while they sit next to supply crates with spec-ops there only true fear, but wait theres claymores around them (yes that happened, nice trick)

any1 saying "pilots need to learn to fly" shut the fuck up, all you gotta do is point an click with your "mad skillz".

people saying its "more realistic", irl attack choppers, and jets own everything. people saying "its gonna take tactics... have your forces on the ground take out AA". get real, the pilots are confined in a cube, its not like they fly around in safety while waiting for people to call in airstrike after aa is cleared out.

the pilots that devote there time to flying (losers call them whores) i have to say are very good and effective at what they do, and half the people telling them to stfu would never devote the time/life they have and don't understand. this patch is for the newbs and sucks for pilots who defended the sky's above every1 (even the newbs posting on this forum).
one of the best posts i've ever read in a forum
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

imdead wrote:

Basically Slay you are still bragging that you are the best person ever to play BF2 and bitching at the same time. Thought you were better than that. If you've adapted, then you've learned the patch before everyone else did, and if you've done that then what the hells your problem, I dont' want to see pictures of you game, I could care less, dangle them in front of someone else that's on your teabags.
First all you BF2ers said the AA sucked and the flyboys were laughing with thier 75kills to 0 deaths. Now the flyboys are bitching that they can't get in the air. Boo freakin' Hoo. Has anyone here mature enough to say the word TACTICS. Where is the fun in the game? There is more to this game than Points and K/D ratio's
You AA n00bs are doing more bitching now.

Watch the threads on 'OMG AA SUX0R TKED PPLE SUX0R' start coming up. Loser.

Slay you suck
Mr.kodak
+-1|6679
Today i was flying and did a roll and wow i got hit by the uss essex and the nub that killed me goes "erre pwned u nub" i sat there in disbielief thinking u fucking retard.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Sorry I haven't been on the 'new and improved AA'; you can tell by actions how things have changed in air just by people  complaining. It's just funny you called me an AA n00b and i've haven't been on the AA yet...Look around at the flyboys crying and you'll understand what I'm saying. Slay later in another post said he adapted to the change, and he found it the same, so he learned in what... a day.
_oO.WasTeD.TimE.Oo_
+-1|6732|England
i've just watched my aa missiles chase itself, doing spirals in the sky for 2 minutes before deciding to head straight into a friendly plane.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6841
It's funny how you guys think I'm stating that I'm better than everyone else when All I say is "Ihave better scores for infantry than you do." by saying that, I was proving him wrong when he said "you probably have never even fired a gun on the ground"
Not once have I stated I'm an aweosme pilot... I've stated I was decent. but not awesome. and also, I'm pretty sucky at infantry. but who cares.. I don't like infantry, so it doesn't bother me. but when somebody calls me a planewhore and states that that's all I do, I'm going to defend myself with facts of what I do. and when somebody says "I'll own you in AA blah blah blah" I'll show proof that some little fix in aA isn't going to stop me from owning their ass when they hop in that AA seat.
I don't get first that often, and I don't give a crap. I'm in it for winning rounds as a team, not for my own glory or fame.

imdead- I have never said that the AA was the same and I have never said I was the best person. I said I'm adapting, and it will soon be the same as before. Meaning I'll be back to my regular 50+ kills and 0 deaths. Yes, I've adapted to the AA already(still have a few things to work out). It's called practice. I've practiced with clanmates in empty servers, and my friend who is also a pilot has already adapted aswell. because we LEARNED. I'm not "bitching" about AA anymore. It was an overreaction on my(and a few other's) part for the first few games because It seemed worse than it actually was. Although I think Air to Air combat should be a little harder.. maybe less missles on the jets. oh well.

I want to know.. why in the hell is everyone unleashing their hate on me? There are others expressing the same opinions I have. but I don't see them being bashed. Oh well. Do whatever you want. but you have no reason to do this. I'm in no way bashing any of you or doing anything to deserve such crap.
coreinflames
+12|6653
Well i have never Posted on these Forums before, so i will see how this turns out.  I have been a reader here for awhile although.

I quit playing all levels with Jets along time ago, because of the advantage they had. but maybe now i will return and take revenge.

The main thing i am happy about is the carriers wont get bombed on so much,  i enjoy flying but it sucks to be killed everysingle time you try and take off.

The Core will have Revenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6707|İstanbul,Türkiye
I was hated it first but now i can make 46-3, 32-0 K/D (Not rape island) in a fighter i dont need bomber anymore my dog fight kills 6x themselves lol when i say dogfight i mean lock and unleash 6 aa missiles, for helis you just have to give them 1 sec long mg fire dont even need aa missiles i like this new game.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6729
The two things annoying me:

1. People whining about the AA being too powerful now. It is totally survivable, it is still totally possible to own in the jet, just learn to use it. Sure, IRL jets can't be shot down that easily. Also IRL, jets don't fly 30 m above the ground and drop bombs from 10m. If you want a realistic experience try releasing bombs from so high up you can't really see the tanks. If you can do it from a realistic height you will have no problem with AA. Or just take the easy option and destroy the AA with your MG. Now that players think jets are deathtraps there is always a noob sitting on AA waiting for you to shoot him.

2. People saying things like "hahah now the planewhores are crying", and the thousand variations on it. Please. The people you've called "planewhores" are the good pilots, and they aren't crying about the new AA, they're avoiding it and then bombing you. The only people crying about the new AA are the mediocre pilots.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6841

PFCStenzel wrote:

I don't care what you say Slaythem.  I will still kill you from the AA.  And your pictures meant nothing to me.  I have had games better then that, way better then your silly score of 52 or 54.   It idiots like you that make the game no fun.  But, I still play to have fun.  Hey if I get first check it out.  And hey did you see my k/d in the armor.  Yeah I have probably killed you while you were in a plane.  GOOD NIGHT AND HAVE A SEAT SON.
I know people will hate me for this and they'll read what they want and it'll probably read "I'm better than everyone, I'm the best hooah I'm 1337 pwnage." But oh well.

Hey, SON! Your KDR SUCKS in a tank. See mine? 5.25. 2 points higher than yours. and mine isn't even good! I've probably killed you with my assault rifle, LMG, jet, Tank, helo, and my knife. Take your seat in the backrow while I school you.

Pwned, n00b.

PvtchieF73
+15|6718|Netherlands
guys... get a grip RELAX!!!

just a game?
lobo76
+2|6718
Regarding the AA situation and the need for balance...

well, the most balanced game in the whole world is "scissor, paper, stone". Everything counters one other item easily.
So to be balanced, AA being useless for everything else, naturally SHOULD require 0 skill to use. why are pilots bitching about this? afterall planes are already at the top of the foodchain, so something right at the bottom should counter it easily.

Last edited by lobo76 (2006-02-17 01:54:29)

.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6704|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

PFCStenzel wrote:

I don't care what you say Slaythem.  I will still kill you from the AA.  And your pictures meant nothing to me.  I have had games better then that, way better then your silly score of 52 or 54.   It idiots like you that make the game no fun.  But, I still play to have fun.  Hey if I get first check it out.  And hey did you see my k/d in the armor.  Yeah I have probably killed you while you were in a plane.  GOOD NIGHT AND HAVE A SEAT SON.
I know people will hate me for this and they'll read what they want and it'll probably read "I'm better than everyone, I'm the best hooah I'm 1337 pwnage." But oh well.

Hey, SON! Your KDR SUCKS in a tank. See mine? 5.25. 2 points higher than yours. and mine isn't even good! I've probably killed you with my assault rifle, LMG, jet, Tank, helo, and my knife. Take your seat in the backrow while I school you.

Pwned, n00b.

what a twat......
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6841

PvtchieF73 wrote:

guys... get a grip RELAX!!!

just a game?
What's a game?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6841

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

PFCStenzel wrote:

Pwned, n00b.

what a twat......
You obviously didn't catch my joking nature in that post. Wow.. I thought the "pwned n00b" and the "" would have given  it away.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6849|Cologne, Germany

polarbearz wrote:

Schuss you need to join FtB
I am sorry ? I need to join who/what ? are breasts involved ?

now, for the topic at hand, obviously everyone here has his/her own interpretation of how the game should be. But people need to realize BF2 isn't our game. EA/Dice made it, we just get to play it.

Of course, you cannot make everybody happy, some will always complain and say "wtf, EA/Dice/whoever destroyed my game!1!!"

Overall, I believe the patch will benefit the majority of the community

As slaythem has said, he overreacted a bit on the AA effectiveness. sure, it is stronger now, but not to an extent where no one can absolutely fly a jet any more. Control of AA emplacements will now become more important, but the good pilots are already adapting, and the introduction of the new L96A1 should help their cause.

I also believe EA/Dice made to patch with the intent to motivate more teamplay. We shall see wether that happens.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Slay, as I said you adapted and I respect that, I was just reading your previous posts, and now you've adjusted like you should; tell everyone else that, Congrats to you. But when someone posts (with pictures) that they could've done better when they were number one on all of them but one and pointing out that 70kills and 0 deaths or whatever -- to me that is bragging and maybe I'm going to far, because that's where I lose it, (a game is meant for fun not personal bashing against one another, people play differently as you stated, you are good in air an not infantry, if you are good at it why change? you have every right to I guess it's your 'proof' and you explained and defended yourself to another person. So I respect that.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6709|England, UK
The oil tower AA bug is a joke. You'll proberly get banned of servers for using the "oil tower exploit". LOL. Plus did anyone at EA or Dice test the game with the new patch. Obviously not.
Check out Trigger_happys tread on the subjuct and look at the video.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6703|Howell, Mi USA
LOL i saw that oil tower glitch video, thats funny shit.

"is that oil tower shooting AA at me?"
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
(BRU)Timothy
+5|6696|Pennsylvania - Hershey!
The other day I was commander as MEC on Operation Clean sweep.  I decided I would sit in an AA turret and see if I can get some extra points.  Well, I was commanding away but the US were able to get behind everything and cap the MEC airfield where the Mig spawns. They blew practicly all my stuff up. Therefore I could'nt do too much for my team. So I took my anger (not that i was mad)out on all the enemy planes. By the end of the round, I had 14-16 kills, not counting artillary.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard