Souls
+14|6662|Garden City, KS. USA
I love the new patch.   Now when I fly its much more challenging as it should be.  You can still beat the AA but you have to respect it alot more now.  If your gonna fly you had better know what your doing now or your gonna get waxed.  The days of the noobs on the constant straffing runs on the uncapturable bases I think is a thing of the past.   

I hated the bunny hoping.  It looked so stupid watching someone do it.  Now everyone fights and looks normal instead of some Quake re-make.   You can never make everyone happy but I think you made the game much better.  Thanks Trigger!!!!!!

Souls

Last edited by Souls (2006-02-16 17:11:04)

Sniper
+0|6667
I complained about alot of the same things in 1.2, and some I didnt (personally I think support class was just fine)
and im quite happy with it
the AA isnt too bad
I do miss the chucking tho.. maybe they shoulda made it so you couldnt "shoot" while jumping, but you could still throw things, or even better.. just make it so you couldnt shoot guns with bullets while jumping (ie allow AT and nade launchers to be shot while in the air.. since now the GL has a min distance)
but other than that im happy with the fixes that relate to what I was previously complaining about
my biggest peeve about 1.2 now is support class being overpowered.. never shoulda been changed imho

but thats just my 2 cents
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6756|06-01
hahaha nice one!

btw, i havent downloaded the patch or played bf2 for that matter for the past few days.
too busy with work.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6738|Finland
This must be the best post in history of bf2s I agree that all.

And I also hate new patch and in my opinion almost everything that came with it is crap, in fact I was one of those who didn't want this new patch at all. I can't see point to make game and after 8 months they make big changes to game engine, seriously, that's shit. Some ones are played this game all 8 months with some style and now all that they have learned is gone and they must start all over again. Well new patch is out and we all must live with it but I'm not playing this so much anymore. And most of this whiners who wanted all this new changes still sucks  even they though that after patch they will own all. Noob is noob and any patch won't help noob to come better player. And now when I'm playing in Karkand I can see only hand grenades. 75 % of my deaths is now from hand grenade. After they incrased accuraty of support kit there's most of players using in it infantry maps. Serioysly, it's maybe lethalest kit now and with unlimited ammo, and because there's huge amount of ammo in one clip you don't need to even reload it. And because everyone is using support now there's mostly just grenades and grenade kills ffs. So is that skill you all whiners (a.k.a. noobs) wanted? Hell no! There's no skill needed in game anymore. You just start spray with support gun to somewhere and some one will always die or you will just spam grenades so you will get some kills.

And there came more bugs with patch that EA fixed from previous version. Damn I'm gona change this game to new ET when it'll come out. At least there's no EA screwing everyting up

Last edited by BlueScreen (2006-02-16 18:10:01)

Poofy
+0|6672|Pennsylvania
I only complain about how leet the PKM is now and the fact that GL at close range has yet to be effectively nerfed. >_>

Everything else is pretty damn awesome, though takes some getting used to.

Also, we SHOULD be allowed to complain about BUGS. That's what brings them to attention where then they'll hopefully be fixed. I think it's a bit pretentious to tell people that they should shut their mouths even if they're complaining about a glitch and so on.

Last edited by Poofy (2006-02-16 18:05:06)

Sniper
+0|6667
I dont see why ppl still bitch about the GL
how is it not effectively nerfed?
its perfectly fine now
Poofy
+0|6672|Pennsylvania
Different discussion entirely. I'm not bothered by it [The GL in itself] but DICE did say they were going to nerf it so one couldn't blow up someone else just 3 feet infront of them, but it still happens. When someone says something, you tend to believe them, so it's just a letdown that they didn't entirely address it. Nothing more.
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6736|yorkshire penisula
wow your open letter sucks,so people cant complain now?
sum of it is bullshit but allot is quite valid arguing,this patch has changed allot in the game we have been playin for 6+ months.
maybe you should have just said stop the repetetive complaining.
Sniper
+0|6667

Poofy wrote:

Different discussion entirely. I'm not bothered by it [The GL in itself] but DICE did say they were going to nerf it so one couldn't blow up someone else just 3 feet infront of them, but it still happens. When someone says something, you tend to believe them, so it's just a letdown that they didn't entirely address it. Nothing more.
uh
unless you shoot a wall behind them, it comes back and hits the ground next to them.. close enuff to blow them up
then no you cant do that anymore
Poofy
+0|6672|Pennsylvania
I don't think the bouncing is pronounced enough if you want to get into that. On maps like Karkand where you have those narrow alleyways, there's very little difference between the effectiveness of the GL from both the current and previous patches.

Last edited by Poofy (2006-02-16 23:10:21)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

This may not come as a surprise to many people, but all of you who are complaining about bugs and overpowered AA and the like are mostly the same people who complained about things before 1.2. Well guess what? You complained and DICE listened. All you people that are complaining, THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED. I am so sick of seeing people complain. YOU ASKED FOR IT AND YOU GOT IT.

Before the patch:

"FIX THE FUCKING AA!!!"

After the patch:

"FIX THE FUCKING AA!!!"

Before the patch:

"FIX THE DAMN BUNNYHOPPING!!!"

After the patch:

"WTF NOW I CAN'T THROW MEDIC PACKS AND AMMO PACKS FAR BECAUSE I CAN'T JUMP THROW!!! FIX IT!"

Make up your fucking minds!

You people have two options as far as I am concerned:

1. Enjoy the game as it is.
2. Quit playing, you won't be missed.

Rebuttal?

P.S. If I see any posts in this thread about EA being money-grubbing assholes or something similar I'm going to delete your post. So sick and tired of seeing that shit.

P.P.S. Yes, I'm complaining about the complainers, get over it.
Not on your teabags..but.....WORD and total agreement. ADJUST and ADAPT. Tired of seeing it also. But love posting to the complainers so maybe I'm adding fuel to the fire.

Don't have to pull your pants down because I've been stating 'get over it' before you posted this.

Last edited by imdead (2006-02-16 23:15:58)

Not Entirely Sane
+6|6660|Just Outside Seattle
The new patch is brilliant, people have stopped lining up to get planes, city maps are no longer just a mass of grenade launcher explosions, and my main worry that they would stop me from shooting at people while parachuting never happend!!! This patch has renewed my faith in EA and Dice, something that previously seemed unthinkable.
slidero

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

This may not come as a surprise to many people, but all of you who are complaining about bugs and overpowered AA and the like are mostly the same people who complained about things before 1.2. Well guess what? You complained and DICE listened. All you people that are complaining, THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED. I am so sick of seeing people complain. YOU ASKED FOR IT AND YOU GOT IT.

Before the patch:

"FIX THE FUCKING AA!!!"

After the patch:

"FIX THE FUCKING AA!!!"

Before the patch:

After the patch:

"WTF NOW I CAN'T THROW MEDIC PACKS AND AMMO PACKS FAR BECAUSE I CAN'T JUMP THROW!!! FIX IT!"

Rebuttal?

P.S. If I see any posts in this thread about EA being money-grubbing assholes or something similar I'm going to delete your post. So sick and tired of seeing that shit.

You have poor logic.
Sniper
+0|6667

Poofy wrote:

I don't think the bouncing is pronounced enough if you want to get into that. On maps like Karkand where you have those narrow alleyways, there's very little difference between the effectiveness of the GL from both the current and previous patches.
dont go down those allyways all the time?

you have to shoot a decent distance now
it actually requires a bit of skill
if they have that.. tough toodles
deal with it
Poofy
+0|6672|Pennsylvania
First you argued they addressed the problem, and then when I cite an example, you simply say just don't go there anymore? That doesn't refute much...

And BTW, I do avoid the alleys. If I didn't have reason to steer clear of them, I wouldn't be argueing.

Last edited by Poofy (2006-02-16 23:42:08)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6671|Colorado
I haven't been to my house for a couple days to install the new patch, but I'm sure I'll love it with all the whining about it.

total agreement trigger
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6754|The Netherlands
Well I quit...
allthough I have managed to rack up a lot of points since the patch and gain a medal allmost every round.
It is just not that good old BF2 anymore. I have not flew since the patch and the throwing bags with out a jump is not a problem they get as far as before the patch with jumping.

It is just the feel. you can't walk around anymore without jumping into a PKM that is incredible strong.
EA fixed all the opinions from the last patch but not the real bugs.

someone shouts I hate n00btoobs. Dice says ok well make them bounce of walls.
now they havn't fixed a thing the toob now bounces of walls but explodes instantly on the ground --> n00bt00b still there

what they did do good was to remove the bunnyhopping and prone spamming (dolphin diving was not that annoying)
and that I can see the UAV is also nice. not that I shoot it down but before I never knew if some dude was cheating when he shot me as soon as he passed the corner or that a UAV is watching over us. (it eliminates a lot of "you fucking hacker ban him!"

Last edited by fdcp_elmo (2006-02-17 00:50:02)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

good post, trigger. People have got to realize BF2 isn't our game. EA/Dice made it, we just get to play it...

We should be happy they are actually still doing updates and patches for the game. I have had some experience with other developers who gave up on any support for their game completely after release.
At least EA/dice are trying to address the concerns of the community.

Trigger ftw...
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6846|-

slidero wrote:

You have poor logic.
How so?
name1ess
+8|6748|Newcastle, Aus.
yep, i agree with trigger... i have never complained about any changes in the game, just adapt to it and enjoy it. if u dont enjoy it, leave. most ppl complain because they cant do what they did b4, using exploits etc. but the patch was made because ppl complained so live with it and dont complain.

i like the new patch, as i have liked all the other patches. it almost makes it a whole new game, playing around with classes you didnt use b4 etc. you dont have to use the same kit or vehicle forever. learn something new, its good.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6791

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Before the patch:

"FIX THE FUCKING AA!!!"

After the patch:

"FIX THE FUCKING AA!!!"

Before the patch:

After the patch:

Rebuttal?

Sorry to break up the love-in but I have a contrary view.

I complained about the helicopters and jets before the patch.  Now, even as a ground pounder (and check my stats, I'm not big on aircraft) I think it's gone slightly too far.  Yes, SAMs are good for killing aircraft as are tank shells and AT rockets.  I'm all up for that.  Mounted machine guns on HMMVVs and FAVs, okay.  But when LMGs can take out an attack helicopter, that's gone too far.

As for bunnyhopping, that's a good fix IMHO.

Frith.

PS.  I'm British.  I complain.
Azr4eL
+0|6791|Italy
To complain or not to complain? That's the problem...
I think "cryng about" is not serious even in a game, so I agree the spirit of the Trigger post. But...
THIS PATCH SUCKS!!!! (fa schifo)
Ok, is very good (and I LOVE IT!) no more bunnyhopping and no more "GL jumping whore"; is good to have a better AA (slightly overpowered... but you can't have all!); the helicopter is downgraded (why? now you can effectively shoot them down!), and you must now fly it with more skill (no more flying fortress!); it seems that now needs less bullets to take down an enemy (more realistic, is ok). BUT... but now ppl snipe you without real skill from very far (the M16 seems to be a sniper rifle) and while moving (try it... ); BUT now after 5 min of plaing you see all the map covered with landmines that never blow up, and claymore behind every f*cked corner... try to spawn in the southest MEC point on Karkand if you don't worry about K/D ratio. And spamming mines and claymore need even LESS SKILL than use a n00btube.
Definitively a n00b patch. And "n00b" are not "newbies"...
...And just for laugh.... I've shooted down a J-10 with the L85. Ridicolous.
=TPP=NX-74205
+0|6643
Is anyone else having problems with the F2000 grenades?

I was using them and they were bouncing off the walls like
the smoke grenades. and by the time they blew the guys were gone.
It happend with me all last nite. got soo pissed off at it.

But think, is it normally the game that is the problem or the tking, stat padding, ignorant whores who "Play" the game?
MB.nZ
+86|6773|New Zealand

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

slidero wrote:

You have poor logic.
How so?
You think the game gets better when nobody complains anymore? This is truly poor logic.
=TPP=NX-74205
+0|6643

name1ess wrote:

... you dont have to use the same kit or vehicle forever. learn something new, its good.
When did u have to use the same kit all the time?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard