TJ_Houshmandzedah
+-1|6616
Is it ok to whore a tank or an AVP to rack up kills? Or is that considered cheating? I think its suicide to ride in a vehicle because of all the beeping C4!
luckybaer
+10|6744| Going Feral
Do you know what "whore" means?

LOL.

If you are intending "whore" to be synonomous with "use," then sure, why not?  I think as long as you dont T/K for the vehicle, and you don't do TOO much spawn raping (hard to resist if yer driving by and see 2 guys spawn, though), you're fine.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6655|Seattle
Excessive spawnkilling is looked down upon, but not really against the rules (though the individual server might have a rule against it)
Mike_J
+68|6639
lol.  every accusation i've seen of whoring is of a person that's good with and specializes in armor.  sure you guys may claim it only refers to spawn killing, but that doesn't seem to be true to most of the crowd in BF2.  apparently, the armor is supposed to be left to someone that will probably die within 2 or 3 minutes of using some kind of armor.  ridiculous.
-(F^S)-Fatty
+3|6695
IUts so much harder to kill tanks when C4 is no longer a factor
Czechnology
+0|6671
agreed. I had some guy who jumped out of a tank and ran away from a blackhawk, leaving it w/ 4 red bars, smoking, almost on fire get pissed and try to kickvote me because I took it when it was empty, got it fixed up, and kept it going for the following 15 minutes. said I "stole" his tank. Even if I somehow missed him in the .50 position, why the hell would you switch to a .50 to take out a blackhawk when you've got a 120mm gun??
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6724
Ive got nothing against skilled mechanised Infantry, but I do have something against spawn camping & base raping
Mike_J
+68|6639
agreed. I had some guy who jumped out of a tank and ran away from a blackhawk, leaving it w/ 4 red bars, smoking, almost on fire get pissed and try to kickvote me because I took it when it was empty, got it fixed up, and kept it going for the following 15 minutes. said I "stole" his tank. Even if I somehow missed him in the .50 position, why the hell would you switch to a .50 to take out a blackhawk when you've got a 120mm gun??
cause' he wasn't good enough to take it out with the 120mm cannon.  lol.  i say you're very justified in taking that tank.  now i'm not saying i'm the best, but we do have to deal with alot of kids that deal out shitty accusations.

Last edited by Mike_J (2006-02-16 20:49:40)

Luke911
+0|6614

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

Is it ok to whore a tank or an AVP to rack up kills?
Dolt, I think you mean APC not AVP. Don't have a clue where that came from, but it inspired me to register so I could point it out.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6645|Kingswood Country
Agree - 'whoring' is usually applied to someone who devotes their life in game to the genre. Eg, the guy who flies the jet and if shot down, waits until the jet and ONLY the jet respawns before getting back into combat.

Camping outside a spawn point in armour and nailing anyone the instant they spawn may be frowned upon, but generally this is when you park on top of the last uncapturable flag point firing non-stop at the point where infantry spawn. Holding outside a flag and providing infantry moving up with covering fire and keeping yourself outside C4 range is simply good practice in an assault.

In the same way that taking a dump on your floor is not illegal, whoring vehicles is not cheating but can be seen as distasteful by others, based on the sheer greater survivability vs KD it offers. On Special Forces this is less of an issue, as the indoors & close quarters forces infantry style play.

Personally, I am happy to have a long term engineer player giving me covering fire while I assault up, and doing his job helping heal other vehicles around him. I am NOT happy being teamkilled to get the vehicle in the first place, nor told to 'get out - that's my tank' (unless I did blatently steal it while it was being repaired).

I have, on several occasions, relinquished a tank to someone who was in the running for an armour ribbon etc. Hopefully similar courtesies happen online.
AdamEcks
+1|6672|Canada, Eh.
APV = Armoured Personell Vehicle???
I'm assuming so. That's where it came from.
BeforeGod
+0|6784|British Columbia

Czechnology wrote:

Because maybe the gun couldn't angle high enough to hit the BH? If he was just hopping in the .50 cal slot and you grabbed the driver's seat then you did in fact steal his tank.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6642|Colorado
If you see trollmeat coming for the tank or apc, please get out of the way.

Thanks in advance

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard