Poll

Should Moderate Muslims Speak Out Reagrdless of the Consequences?

Yes, otherwise they are supporting the Extremists71%71% - 37
I can't blame them if they don't speak out28%28% - 15
Total: 52
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

1.5 billion moderates versus and handful of radicals.  No excuses.

And a poll on bf2s is not even close to accurate.  Not by a long run.
If I wasn't in a situation where my life was threatened, and I didn't have a wife and kids who could be tortured, raped and killed, and if I was an ignorant slob, I too would talk shit like you, but I don't.

Be realistic, just once.  Try actually thinking of other people, just once.  Imagine YOU are Habib, and you and your little pregnant wife are living as best you can without steady income or electricity in Kabul.  You have just been threatened by the Al Quaeda group that has moved into your neighborhood and told you must not rat them out as they go about bomb making and kidnapping journalists.  Do you:

a) Rat them out, the hell with the consequences because hey, usmarine back in Ohio, USA said you have no excuse?

b) Face reality that hey, this is America's war, I'd rather move or keep quiet until they're gone.

Honestly, think about it and get back to me.
Again.... Read the fucking thread. 

Are they in danger in the US?  No, I do not think so.  Are they in danger in Canada?  No.  Are they in danger in Australia?  No   So where are the fucking protests against radicals there?

get back to me.

post editted by ^*AlphA*^
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

1.5 billion moderates versus and handful of radicals.  No excuses.

And a poll on bf2s is not even close to accurate.  Not by a long run.
If I wasn't in a situation where my life was threatened, and I didn't have a wife and kids who could be tortured, raped and killed, and if I was an ignorant slob, I too would talk shit like you, but I don't.

Be realistic, just once.  Try actually thinking of other people, just once.  Imagine YOU are Habib, and you and your little pregnant wife are living as best you can without steady income or electricity in Kabul.  You have just been threatened by the Al Quaeda group that has moved into your neighborhood and told you must not rat them out as they go about bomb making and kidnapping journalists.  Do you:

a) Rat them out, the hell with the consequences because hey, usmarine back in Ohio, USA said you have no excuse?

b) Face reality that hey, this is America's war, I'd rather move or keep quiet until they're gone.

Honestly, think about it and get back to me.

Are they in danger in the US?  No, I do not think so.  Are they in danger in Canada?  No.  Are they in danger in Australia?  No   So where are the fucking protests against radicals there?

get back to me.
How many Muslims live in those countries?  They won't make a difference.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

sergeriver wrote:

oh ok...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

oh ok...
Mahmoud living in Iraq reads about 50 Muslims protesting in NYC against radical Muslims.  Then he leaves his home and knocks all the doors in his neighborhood asking other moderate Muslims to join him and to speak out against extremists, because he was encouraged by 50 guys that have a much better living standard than his.  Be realistic dude.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Yes, they should speak out.  In western countries if nothing else.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

oh ok...
Mahmoud living in Iraq reads about 50 Muslims protesting in NYC against radical Muslims.  Then he leaves his home and knocks all the doors in his neighborhood asking other moderate Muslims to join him and to speak out against extremists, because he was encouraged by 50 guys that have a much better living standard than his.  Be realistic dude.
Who is talking about Iraq?  I am not.  How about England?  France?  germany?  etc.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oh ok...
Who is talking about Iraq?  I am not.  How about England?  France?  germany?  etc.
Well yes, those should protest against radical Islam.  Agreed.  But don't you think that would make the moderate Muslims living in the ME to speak out against radical Muslims.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6660|WPB, FL. USA
It says a lot about their religion if they fear for their safety if they do speak out - let me try this again "Religion"!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Well yes, those should protest against radical Islam.  Agreed.  But don't you think that would make the moderate Muslims living in the ME to speak out against radical Muslims.
Then I'd ask you what would you prefer: speaking out, taking the risk of getting killed or drastically change your lands to a better standard of living, or hide under the bed for the rest of your life in fear that you'll be killed if you say something?

Even so, the muslims speaking out in Europe don't nessecarily make the ME population speak up, but the europeans themselves could do a whole lot more too.
inane little opines
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6181

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Name one leader strong enough to fight the extremists.
Yes because I follow them around.....

There is always a leader.  Maybe your 1.5 bil is a bit........off.
Strong enough?  There insn't one.  Extremists are deluded, they blow themselves with C4.  What can you expect?  The moderate ones have family and friends too.  Would you risk your family?
I thought radical Islam wasn't a problem! That is all I hear in these forums about how small the problem is and now you are saying that it is a problem, especially for Muslims who are in fear of radical Islam??

Anyway, this is exactly the points I have made over and over in these forums from personal experience having Muslims in my family. Muslims living abroad, away from where most of radical Islam resides, do feel more free to express their displeasure towards radical Islam and I know for a fact that they would NOT speak out in their home country because of the harassment and pressure that radical Islam uses on a daily basis. That is why these Sharia courts popping up in other countries is scaring the hell out of moderate Muslims who went to other countries to escape the oppression of many of the "home" Sharia courts and the dictatorial clerics who run them.

You see, radical Islam is a threat, its a huge threat in countries in the Middle east and now you are seeing it move into Asia into countries like Indonesia and the Philippines. Radical Islam is starting to show roots in many, many countries abroad and these kinds of troubles always start out small. They are planting seeds in many places and the bottom line is if the moderates will stand up and stop the tentacles reaching for them or not. Moderates will need help from time to time and that is when leaders and governments in these countries need to stand up and not give in and worry about what is "politically correct" or worrying that they "might" be offending someone. Just do the right things!

Lastly, in my family, whom I consider moderate and peaceful.....they do not speak out, they talk about the issues and feel free to do so here in America among their relatives but back in their native country, they are very, very weary about doing or saying anything against extremism. You just don't know who to trust. The local Muslim community here has done little or nothing in regards to changing public perception in this local community......NOTHING! So honestly, they aren't speaking out here and don't dare speak out in their native country....so who has the upper hand???....radical Islam and its not going to go away by itself.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Yes because I follow them around.....

There is always a leader.  Maybe your 1.5 bil is a bit........off.
Strong enough?  There insn't one.  Extremists are deluded, they blow themselves with C4.  What can you expect?  The moderate ones have family and friends too.  Would you risk your family?
I thought radical Islam wasn't a problem! That is all I hear in these forums about how small the problem is and now you are saying that it is a problem, especially for Muslims who are in fear of radical Islam??
When did I say that RADICAL ISLAM wasn't a problem?  Of course it's a problem, but you can't generalize about the whole Muslim Community.  That's what I say.  Pretty simple tbh.
IRONCHEF
+385|6492|Northern California

usmarine wrote:

get back to me.
Haha, nice.  This kind of response can only mean one thing. 

Oh, and when you said 1.5 billion muslims...no excuse, then that applies to all of 'em (not like you'd think some are different than others, right?).  And i think it's safe to say you CAN'T think honestly or with any semblance of reality, hence your reply.  But it's cool, keep talkin' your shit..as long as you feel good about it, that's what matters.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

get back to me.

Oh, and when you said 1.5 billion muslims...no excuse, then that applies to all of 'em (not like you'd think some are different than others, right?).  And i think it's safe to say you CAN'T think honestly or with any semblance of reality, hence your reply.  But it's cool, keep talkin' your shit..as long as you feel good about it, that's what matters.
And your response was better?  It was full of condescending "You are stupid" BS.  If you want to discuss things, fine.  But if you are going to talk to me like that, then my response will be fuck you.

and that 1.5bil is a figure given from serge, I did not make that up.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Whenever you demand something from people you alienate them. It's probably not the brightest idea when they are your greatest ally in the war against extremism.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6831|Grapevine, TX

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Again....Read the fucking thread. 

get back to me.

^^ This is coming from a guy that blames all the the problems with America on one guy. The President of the United States.
You should really re-read your reply, to your self. Take it to heart and find meaning in your own thoughts. You might learn something coming from your own conscience.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon
im telling you all, i work with several muslim foreign exchange students.  THEY DONT GIVE A SHIT.  i'm not saying they dont care about violence and all, but they just dont care about speaking out about it.  they care to speak out about radical muslims as much as you care about speaking out against US soldiers who rape civilians.  trying to label them as co-conspirators because they dont speak out is bullshit.  you need to look at it from their point of view...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

steelie34 wrote:

as much as you care about speaking out against US soldiers who rape civilians.
what?

We put them on trial and hold them accountable.  What are you talking about?

/facedesk video game forum

Last edited by usmarine (2008-02-21 11:23:28)

IRONCHEF

usmarine wrote:

And your response was better?  It was full of condescending "You are stupid" BS.  If you want to discuss things, fine.  But if you are going to talk to me like that, then my response will be fuck you.

Did I use fuck in every sentence?  Did I not provide adult conversation?  If you can't handle sarcasm, offensive remarks, and truth, then this is not the place for cowardly pussies like you.  If you lose an argument, just sit quietly and accept it, maybe visit other threads.  I do.  But hey, i'm the washout, right?  lol

Again, you said 1.5 billion (doesn't matter what the number is, don't blame it on serge, you meant all of them, period..) have no excuse for not stepping up.  I gave a perfect, completely accurate reality check to you, and you pissed yourself and went off on my like a child.  And yes, you have more than earned your sarcastic and offensive remarks so don't play innocent.

Damn..I don't know why I even respond to you.  You'll just talk about something other than the glaring reality of what I asked you..you are unable to have adult conversation.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

^^ This is coming from a guy that blames all the the problems with America on one guy. The President of the United States.
You should really re-read your reply, to your self. Take it to heart and find meaning in your own thoughts. You might learn something coming from your own conscience.
How bout YOU read what I wrote...you and some other assclown..oh yeah, it was usmarine, failed to see that i did include the congress and senate in my rant as I announced Bush's new record poll.  I didn't blam all the problems of this country on Bush, just the ones he's responsible for in context with his astounding poll.

zzzzzzz...you are tiring.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-21 11:28:22)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon

usmarine wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

as much as you care about speaking out against US soldiers who rape civilians.
what?

We put them on trial and hold them accountable.  What are you talking about?
and muslim countries dont try to capture terrorists or put them on trial?  what i am understanding from the op, is that more moderate muslims should speak out against extremism.  i am saying, they dont give a shit.  i mean, what do you want them to do?  protest in the streets?  speak out how exactly?  im sure they are all against religious extremism, but what would speaking out about it accomplish?

did americans march in the streets to protest that soldier who raped the japanese girl? no.

did muslims march in the streets to protest the hotel bombing in jordan? no.

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-02-21 11:33:23)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Did I use fuck in every sentence?  Did I not provide adult conversation?  If you can't handle sarcasm, offensive remarks, and truth, then this is not the place for cowardly pussies like you.  If you lose an argument, just sit quietly and accept it, maybe visit other threads.  I do.  But hey, i'm the washout, right?  lol

Again, you said 1.5 billion (doesn't matter what the number is, don't blame it on serge, you meant all of them, period..) have no excuse for not stepping up.  I gave a perfect, completely accurate reality check to you, and you pissed yourself and went off on my like a child.  And yes, you have more than earned your sarcastic and offensive remarks so don't play innocent.

Damn..I don't know why I even respond to you.  You'll just talk about something other than the glaring reality of what I asked you..you are unable to have adult conversation.
Sure thing wash out.
IRONCHEF
lol, owned again.

Oh yeah, here you go smart guy.  Here's why you and your butt buddy keep calling me washout, since you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
•     Partial list of disqualifying medical diagnoses:
      o     Vision not correctable to 20/20
      o     Substandard color vision (Does not apply for Marine Corps or Nurse Option)
      o     History of asthma
      o     Acute or chronic cardiac/pulmonary conditions
      o     Chronic skin disorders such as:
      •     Psoriasis

Yep, in 1990, when you were probably flicking boogers on girls, I was enlisting to serve my country...Denied because of a 1" patch of dry skin on my back.  Hell of a washout story, eh?

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-21 11:33:17)

hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6766|mansfield

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol, owned again.
How?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol, owned again.
not going to discuss things with you.  I can talk to serge just fine, but you are a douche.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

How bout YOU read what I wrote...you and some other assclown..oh yeah, it was usmarine, failed to see that i did include the congress and senate in my rant as I announced Bush's new record poll.  I didn't blam all the problems of this country on Bush, just the ones he's responsible for in context with his astounding poll.

zzzzzzz...you are tiring.
If you consider big angry tigers as cowardly pussies... hmm

is this the same idiot that was supporting russia all over in that thread about the Tu's flying over the carrier?

Maybe I should've lol owned you after that.
inane little opines
IRONCHEF

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol, owned again.
not going to discuss things with you.  I can talk to serge just fine, but you are a douche.
They were just simple questions.  You chose to not talk to me because you know damn well you couldn't answer my simple, honest questions.  Are moderate muslims without excuse when given the choice to rat out terrorists or not? 

Hence the ownage.  I take very few debate victories from this forum, and i don't gloat much..but with you, your behavior, your malcontent for humanity and adult conversation...you earned that.  Hope it gets under your skin.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard