SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6101|North Tonawanda, NY

Bernadictus wrote:

It's like being a weapons manufacturer, and getting sued by victims of your gun.

Serious stuff, American law.

Here we would have slapped the bank corporation, and all would have been fine. No troubles what so ever.
No, the mighty US of A goes on a lawsuit spree.
What?  I don't see any parallel at all!
Dwit
+34|6481
The "lucky guy" has to give to money back

bank probably needs to pay the rich guy something?

done, everythings fixed
Dersmikner
+147|6469|Texas
I call bullshit. If he said "this isn't mine" and they said "yes it is" then he had every right to take it.

I actually had a few million mistakenly deposited into my savings account when I was 22 or so. It was the result of a number switch. Anyway, after three days they figured it out and removed the deposit, but about $650 worth of interest had accumulated and they never took that back out of my account.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6620|Washington DC

Dersmikner wrote:

I call bullshit. If he said "this isn't mine" and they said "yes it is" then he had every right to take it.
No.   Ownership is not defined by the statement of a minimum wage teller.

Ownership of money in a bank account is defined by the agreement that one signs when they open the account, and one of the most common and clearest statements in that agreement is that account balances are subject to verification (typically by the accounting department).
Dersmikner
+147|6469|Texas
You are of course technically correct. I worked in a bank for 4 years and was a stockbroker for 8 after that, and technically it was theft. That said, were I on a jury there's no way I convict him. Fuck em. Cost of doing business. Hire better employees. Don't allow the guy to take the money if you don't want him to have it.
smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5902|Georgia, US of A
he deserves it if the bank screwed up
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6101|North Tonawanda, NY

smartdude992 wrote:

he deserves it if the bank screwed up
See if that works if the bank ever makes an error in you favor.
avman633
+116|6335
It's the bankers fault for saying its his money.
Pup0311
+3|6632
Does the Phrase "non-extradition country" True I passed up on moving to France and Marrying a beautiful French girl because I was getting ready to go in the Corps but for a few million bucks I could live on a foreign beach for the rest of my life.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard