Poll

Would you support an independent California?

Yes32%32% - 51
No67%67% - 104
Total: 155
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6655|WPB, FL. USA
I thought California was a region in France somewhere already?!?!

Seems you are just another whiny liberal who's still sulking over two lost elections - get over it already.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

Seems you are just another whiny liberal who's still sulking over two lost elections - get over it already.
It's always the liberals' fault, isn't it? Never mind actually thinking about the issue, just blame it on liberals and it'll go away.

Delusional.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6453|The edge of sanity

Spark wrote:

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

It's always the liberals' fault, isn't it? Never mind actually thinking about the issue, just blame it on liberals and it'll go away.

Delusional.
I have to agree with Spark on this one. Any side of any political agenda can have its idiots. As for California, it's basic resources would not support its population. That along with the imediate sanctions that the United States would put on this new "country" to put its balls in an unstoppable vice.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Spark wrote:

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

Delusional.
What issue?
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5953|Minnesota

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

clogar wrote:

just hope your little island of california doesn't get in a war with the U.S.
Can this thread get any more stupid?  http://www.cugy.net/forums/images/smilies/shifty.gif
can this guy be more of an ass?
Dersmikner
+147|6495|Texas
Abso-fucking-lutely.

Then we'll charge you whatever the hell we want for OUR oil, we'll let you keep all your bullshit solar panels and over-priced produce, we'll buy our vegetables from South Texas and I'll NEVER EVER have to read a product label again that says "known to the state of California to ______".

I don't GIVE A SHIT about the state of California. The only reason I go is to enjoy the fruits of the labor of Napa's finest, and truth be told I can give up Cab for Bordeaux in a heartbeat.

Besides, if they let you go, then we can leave and I'm about ready for Texas to be rid of the blood-sucking pork barrel leaches in this country.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6826|Grapevine, TX

clogar wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

clogar wrote:

just hope your little island of california doesn't get in a war with the U.S.
Can this thread get any more stupid?  http://www.cugy.net/forums/images/smilies/shifty.gif
can this guy be more of an ass?
He actually made a good observation and point. What say you?
FallenMorgan
+53|5911|Glendale, CA
The point of the poll really was saying IF California were to declare independence like Kosovo would you support them?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

FallenMorgan wrote:

The point of the poll really was saying IF California were to declare independence like Kosovo would you support them?
Your whole "no violence in Kosovo" argument was shot to shit.  So now you are trying to back peddle.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6826|Grapevine, TX

FallenMorgan wrote:

Since you made it clear that you get most of your ideas from TV and the internet; Havent you got an answer to your poll? It is pretty apparent from all of the post where this forum stands, but thats just my perspective.

Pro tip: Answer the posts that question your statements! You might get some more respect that way...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

Dersmikner wrote:

Besides, if they let you go, then we can leave and I'm about ready for Texas to be rid of the blood-sucking pork barrel leaches in this country.
not too familiar with texas congressman are ya?

BTW, Cali has its own oil and the 6th largest economy in the world.
IRONCHEF
+385|6488|Northern California

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Dersmikner wrote:

not too familiar with texas congressman are ya?

BTW, Cali has its own oil and the 6th largest economy in the world.
California also has more CATTLE than Florida AND Texas combined, and it has more agriculture.  SO yes, we'll have food for ourselves.  And we'd probably migrate to alternative fuel quite quickly, and we'd be charging you bastards a hefty import tax on Japanese cars that come through our ports.  Suck on THAT you 49 states!  lol
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
Cali also makes more dairy products than Wisconsin.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

You wouldn't have all that shit after we invade you for it fools.
IRONCHEF

usmarine wrote:

We also have more gangster punks with AKs than your sissy state, so go ahead and invade it!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

We also have more gangster punks with AKs than your sissy state, so go ahead and invade it!
gangster punks really wont do much to a conventional army. Or a bunch of people with bolt action rifles for that matter.

Put it this way, the right to bear arms was in place before we invaded Iraq and it didnt make a lick of difference in that country's defense.
David.P
Banned
+649|6271

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Too bad they all suck! It's either low this, or lite that! Never anything with taste! Fuck even cali style pizza tastes like shit to me! There's one California Pizza kitchen here where i live and the food is not that good for the price, Even the Cali style pizzeria in manhatten i go to sometimes has better pizza. Same recipes different ingredients better taste.
dark110
+37|6619|Chicagoland
If you sucuedded...

Would you legalize?

(not that californians don't get enough, of course)
IRONCHEF

David.P wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Too bad they all suck! It's either low this, or lite that! Never anything with taste! Fuck even cali style pizza tastes like shit to me! There's one California Pizza kitchen here where i live and the food is not that good for the price, Even the Cali style pizzeria in manhatten i go to sometimes has better pizza. Same recipes different ingredients better taste.
lol, you're suggesting that restaurant franchises with "California" in the name use food from California and that they differ from state to state?  That should answer your question.  You're also saying that California doesn't have regular milk?  What are you basing this on?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

More does not equal better.  WI dairy ftw.
David.P
Banned
+649|6271

IRONCHEF wrote:

David.P wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

lol, you're suggesting that restaurant franchises with "California" in the name use food from California and that they differ from state to state?  That should answer your question.  You're also saying that California doesn't have regular milk?  What are you basing this on?
Taste and i dont just mean the places that plaster themselves with "california" I mean pizzerias and supermarkets that sell cali food items.
Case in point cheese. I tired cali cheddar and regular ol cheddar from vermont. Cali is too light in taste and not bitter enough to be cheddar, Infact it's almost semi sweet. Vermont cheedar is stronger, darker, and tastier. And the price is better.
IRONCHEF
I see.  You prefer cheese from Vermont instead of California cheese.  Nothing to do with restaurants or the milk from California..just the cheese.  Got it.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6571

FallenMorgan wrote:

I'm a member of a movement that calls for secession of California from the United States of America.  Our ideas involve non-violent means, such as those that took place during the Orange Revolution in Ukraine or the Velvet Revolution which brought democracy to Czechoslovakia.  Our reasons are very wide, ranging from the fact that America's economy is going down the tubes, to the fact that popular sovereignty is a guaranteed right in the constitution, or at least until the American Civil War, at least.

California pays the most taxes out of any state to a Federal Government that has been corrupted for eight years, and threatens to be corrupted by another eight.  California is more liberal than most of the other states, except for those on the East coast.  It's very irritating that our lives are influenced highly by something going on a thousand miles away, especially if McCain or one of the other Republicans win and bring in a right-winged age of annoyance once again.

It's a fact that George W. Bush was not popularly elected.  The US population of over 300 Million prevents anything other than the electoral college system, which is honestly rather unfair.  California has a population of around 36,457,549, and in my opinion there would be less risks with a popular vote based election system.  The website I subscribe to is Californians for Independents, but I plan on perhaps one day founding my own organization, who's name I have not decided on, but something like Californian Social Capitalist Party (read my blog).

I noticed that secession is great for everybody except the nation that's losing a chunk of territory.  For example, Kosovo is recognized by several countries except Serbia and Russia.  Rarely does a nation split away from another on good terms.
No
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6160|Houston, Texas

Stingray24 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

More does not equal better.  WI dairy ftw.
King Ranch FTW (bigger than a state so suck on that)
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
I would only recognise it if a significant number of Albanian Muslims kicked out a large percentage of the existing inhabitants of California about 90 years ago.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard