cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6726
Here is a new message from the EA BF2 site:
Community Update - 2/16/06

Good Morning Troops,

Patch 1.2 is out and we hope you are all enjoying the changes. For the most part, the initial response from the community has been very positive. We’re pleased to be able to make your gameplay experience more pleasant.

The next big addition to Battlefield will be the Battlefield: Euro Force booster pack, which will be released on February 21st. In addition to the release of Euro Force, we are preparing an updated version of the editor for release at roughly the same time.

On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more.

There have been a few comments regarding AT rockets passing through targets. We have noted the issue and are working towards a solution.
Does this mean there going to make a patch for the patch?   and don't rush them or they will not do any testing.
SpecialOp21
+0|6722|USA
The AT bug is really annoying. The first game I played, I had at least 3 AT rockets go right through the APCs I was trying to blow up. I thought they said they made it so that sort of thing would happen LESS...
Psychosis
+1|6664|Virginia
Thank goodness on the AT rockets note. I had 2 out of 7 do that using the same kit today.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6712|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
yeha ive had that problem, just noticed the new welocme note thing when you log into the game cant wait
cheshiremoe
+50|6726
I wonder if they will admit that a lot of the other bugs are still around.
Crosell
+0|6687
They still need to adress, the red name bug.
Cpt.Crambone
+4|6681|Chi-town, USA

Crosell wrote:

They still need to adress, the red name bug.
Holy crap!  Do they ever!  Last night 20% of my team at any given point was painted as an enemy.  I never had it this bad before with 1.12. 

On the flip side, I'm totally diggin' the PKM now.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

but the plane missiles are also passng through targets lol. i shot a guy 20 mins ago and the rocket went straight through his plane, so i didnt kill him. it was funny but gay at the same time.
Chowley
+1|6703|Ireland
Got the red bug today only my second time ever .

The silent guns are driving me insane though, probably the most annoying bug so far.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6712|NJ
I had a problem with the Mobile AA it locked on a helo on ghost town but for some reason the helo was invisable to me.
uk.solidsnake
+3|6725|England, UK

cheshiremoe wrote:

Good Morning Troops,

Patch 1.2 is out and we hope you are all enjoying the changes. For the most part, the initial response from the community has been very positive. We’re pleased to be able to make your gameplay experience more pleasant.

The next big addition to Battlefield will be the Battlefield: Euro Force booster pack, which will be released on February 21st. In addition to the release of Euro Force, we are preparing an updated version of the editor for release at roughly the same time.

On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more.

There have been a few comments regarding AT rockets passing through targets. We have noted the issue and are working towards a solution.
Does this mean there going to make a patch for the patch?   and don't rush them or they will not do any testing.
Roughly translated...

Good Morning Tossers,

Patch 1.2 is out and we hope you are all enjoying the changes, if you aren't, fuck you. For the most part, the initial response from the community has been very positive. We’re pleased to be able to make your gameplay experience more pleasant. Again, we are trying our best to turn a blind eye to those who dislike the patch!

The next big addition to Battlefield will be the Battlefield: Euro Force bug pack, which will be released on February 21st and will include many new problems for you to enjoy. In addition to the release of Euro Force, we are preparing an updated version of the editor for release at roughly the same time. This has been carefully developed to crash your system.

On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps, which our "extensive testing" could not detect, because we never actually tested 1.2. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place, this probably won't be for a long time, so if you enjoy those maps, please fuck off and die. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more. I also stress that we don't care about the far worse bugs in vanilla Battlefield 2, because we already got your money for that, so suck it! Our programmers are really stressed to produce more bugs in time for the Euro Force release, so any work on vanilla Battlefield 2 has been cancelled.

There have been a few comments regarding AT rockets passing through targets. We have noted the issue and are working towards a solution, this will probably involve making tanks stronger and aircraft weaker. We have also noted many other issues with the patch such as drugged up AA, community members are eager to point out these bugs to us, but we don't give a flying shit.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6764|The United Center

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I had a problem with the Mobile AA it locked on a helo on ghost town but for some reason the helo was invisable to me.
umm, you sure that wasnt just an oil tower?
cheshiremoe
+50|6726

uk.solidsnake wrote:

Roughly translated...

Good Morning Tossers, ...

We have also noted many other issues with the patch ..., community members are eager to point out these bugs to us, but we don't give a flying shit.
That about sums it up.
CC-Marley
+407|6845

ThomasMorgan wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

On Zatar the oil towers fire missles at you.
SargeJp
+87|6766|Canada

uk.solidsnake wrote:

cheshiremoe wrote:

Good Morning Troops,

Roughly translated...

Good Morning Tossers,

Patch 1.2 is out and we hope you are all enjoying the changes, if you aren't, fuck you. For the most part, the initial response from the community has been very positive. We’re pleased to be able to make your gameplay experience more pleasant. Again, we are trying our best to turn a blind eye to those who dislike the patch!

The next big addition to Battlefield will be the Battlefield: Euro Force bug pack, which will be released on February 21st and will include many new problems for you to enjoy. In addition to the release of Euro Force, we are preparing an updated version of the editor for release at roughly the same time. This has been carefully developed to crash your system.

On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps, which our "extensive testing" could not detect, because we never actually tested 1.2. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place, this probably won't be for a long time, so if you enjoy those maps, please fuck off and die. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more. I also stress that we don't care about the far worse bugs in vanilla Battlefield 2, because we already got your money for that, so suck it! Our programmers are really stressed to produce more bugs in time for the Euro Force release, so any work on vanilla Battlefield 2 has been cancelled.

There have been a few comments regarding AT rockets passing through targets. We have noted the issue and are working towards a solution, this will probably involve making tanks stronger and aircraft weaker. We have also noted many other issues with the patch such as drugged up AA, community members are eager to point out these bugs to us, but we don't give a flying shit.
haha nice one there! do EA only fix the AT bug and the TOW bug on SF ??? wtf??? there's like 30 bugs in the 1.2 patch...
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6724|NL
about that red tag bug. i ones thought i also had it but it was just the enemy who stole our tank...

and about the rockets (AT). i know that with jeeps (or hummer) you have a big change to shoot the d@mn rocket into a window and miss...
M730A2
+45|6711

cheshiremoe wrote:

uk.solidsnake wrote:

Roughly translated...

Good Morning Tossers, ...

We have also noted many other issues with the patch ..., community members are eager to point out these bugs to us, but we don't give a flying shit.
That about sums it up.
YUP

Need to add the screwing of low level ATI video card users and not testing on all 'approved' cards on the list before it was released.
SargeJp
+87|6766|Canada
"Patch 1.2 is out and we hope you are all enjoying the changes. For the most part, the initial response from the community has been very positive"

who think it's a good patch??? the initial response has been positive lol? probably the EA game testers
uk.solidsnake
+3|6725|England, UK

CC-Marley wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

On Zatar the oil towers fire missles at you.
In the next patch, anti-air missiles missiles will fire oil towers at you.

I shit you not.
KiLLMasTer
+3|6798|West Va (USA)
Sweet I cant wait to see what all the Fix in this....... I hope thay fix the bug with the Gun Sounds......
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6712|NJ

ThomasMorgan wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Possitive, the box was alot bigger then it, and I got killed pretty much immedatly after by a tank coming the other way and sure nuff the Helo was there big as life. Weird huh, might be my grafic card tho it's only a x600
Esker
+1|6744
Sprinting is also being removed in the next patch due to the fact it makes you move slightly faster and this is regarded as an exploit.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6767
very amusing that they released a patch with a server crash bug.

just ridiculous.
Chowley
+1|6703|Ireland
Rofl at solidsnake

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard