TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6870|-
I woke up this morning to find that my PC had automatically restarted itself. I log in and I get a windows update message saying that an update had just been installed that had required an automatic restart. What update is this and why did it need an automatic restart instead of the prompt to restart like usual?
RadeonII
+1|6797
good question I had the update today too but it asked me to reboot. maybe after a certain amount of time it does it automatically ??
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6759
it prompted u serveral time before restarting on its own. its just set to do that. it will prompt u and eventually a timer will run out and it will reboot on its own. it only does it on major security updates.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6827|Portland, OR, USA

This is why I have turned off automatic downloading of updates. I just have it point out that there's an update to download instead.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
7h3647h32in6
+0|6745

Viper007Bond wrote:

This is why I have turned off automatic downloading of updates. I just have it point out that there's an update to download instead.
Agreed. The previous automatic update destroyed a reg file for my profile, forcing me to restore my computer 3 months prior, and forcing me to re-install BF2 due to some incompatibilities with the CD key. Turn off Automatic Updates.
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6712

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

it prompted u serveral time before restarting on its own. its just set to do that. it will prompt u and eventually a timer will run out and it will reboot on its own. it only does it on major security updates.
yea what he said.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6723
the windows auto update is a piece of shit. My favorite feature is the one where it reminds you to restart your computer every 5 minutes, regardless of what youre doing or how many times you've told it "NOT RIGHT NOW GODDAMN IT".

Good times.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard