Rus_78_Region
+0|6670|St.-Petersburg, Russia
Lol...

Ахуеть
[NTAC]ChickenOnaStik
+0|6747|Alabama

IvIaster.Us wrote:

this is REALLY off topic but....when we downloas the 1.2 pack do you get like 1 free unlock? im asking because I just got 2 unlocks like last week for absolutly nothing...i am at 8,6656 points or whatever and itll be 20,000 till i get another unlock...i really want that sniper rifle to check it out so am i either screwed or do we get a freebie
HIJACKER!!!  We aren't in this thread to talk about 1.2.  Where here to bow down before the Man's new server.  NOW WORSHIP THE MACHNE!

/There has to be 50+ threads about 1.2.  SEARCH!!1!
sgt.vinny
Banned
+0|6632
i think he needs more ram
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

sgt.vinny wrote:

i think he needs more ram
I CAN upgrade it to 64 gb
Binximus
+8|6622|Australia
i wouldnt exactly call that server drool factor x1000...my old man works for IBM here is Brisbane, Australia and you should see there demo-centre OMG!!!! over 15 mill worth of server gear ect in there!!! chuy why didnt you opt for optical scsci thatl shit all over any sata or basic scsci by miles!!

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/ now these things are fucking impressive since you can run like 15 of them in tandem!!! you should see how they score in pcmark lol and they sound like jet engines lol jus take out a redundant psu and the backup cooling sets in a HOLY HELL those things are loud!!!!!!!!!!!!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

rofl thats 16 GB right?
StoneGut
+0|6615
Man oh Man oh Man... good purchase guys!
Binximus
+8|6622|Australia

stryyker wrote:

rofl thats 16 GB right?
yea so what?? 16GB.....times that by 15 and what do you get?.....240Gig

if say you got x2 3.6 xeons in each blade oow much have you got....108GhZ

now try lauphing at those figures ;-)
FathomsDown
+19|6621|England

Binximus wrote:

yea so what?? 16GB.....times that by 15 and what do you get?.....240Gig

if say you got x2 3.6 xeons in each blade oow much have you got....108GhZ

now try lauphing at those figures ;-)
And whats your power bill like for the blade cooling, rack cooling and room cooling? And since when has the bf2 server supported multiple device parallelism?

If you are going to quote silly servers at least quote a decent one:

http://www.sun.com/servers/highend/sunf … /index.jsp

72 dual core processors and 576Gb of RAM and yes, it can run a bf2 server (although it would be a tad overkill).
greatdane
+0|6624
shouldn't it be faster if it is intel CPUs, i have a 3.6 GHz and i load alittle slower than on that video (multiplay)

i think a better server would be like, intel extreme + some overclock and some good cooling, some better ram such as PC8000 ddr2 on 1 GHz can be overclocked too, scsi 15k rpm harddisc.

but i have not been so much in to servers

but the price would be more like 6000-7000

Last edited by greatdane (2006-02-16 12:10:22)

ProDicTeD
+2|6778
AMD is better price/quality. Intel is overall better in servers, but i believe chuy made the right choice

Last edited by ProDicTeD (2006-02-16 13:01:34)

Warzau
+0|6615
I thought it might be a RAM drive.

"A RamSan 320 unit holds up to 64GB of RAM in a 3U rack unit. "
http://www.techworld.com/storage/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1176

Basically a device capable of keeping RAM powered so it can run like a hard disk.

With 16G wouldn't 12G just sit idle?  Or will Windows VISTA/64 scale to use all the RAM?
rgp58
Ti Faccio un Culo Cosi
+0|6717|San Carlos, CA

Binximus wrote:

i wouldnt exactly call that server drool factor x1000...my old man works for IBM here is Brisbane, Australia and you should see there demo-centre OMG!!!! over 15 mill worth of server gear ect in there!!! chuy why didnt you opt for optical scsci thatl shit all over any sata or basic scsci by miles!!

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/ now these things are fucking impressive since you can run like 15 of them in tandem!!! you should see how they score in pcmark lol and they sound like jet engines lol jus take out a redundant psu and the backup cooling sets in a HOLY HELL those things are loud!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um, I don't know many people that can personally compete with IBM in terms of bank rolling a server system like that.  Unless Bill Gates reads these forums.

That being said, Chuy's new server, for us mortals, is quite impressive.

What is more impressive, is that with all the things that Chuy could have spent his money on, he chose to spend it on upgrading his server hardware to better serve US, the BF2S.com community.  I don't know Chuy personally so I'm not one of his friends pumping sunshine up his dress - I'm just a grateful site user.

[rgp58]
HeimdalX
+37|6620

Warzau wrote:

With 16G wouldn't 12G just sit idle?  Or will Windows VISTA/64 scale to use all the RAM?
Uh, he's not using windows buddy, he said freebsd... anyone that would use windows with that hardware would have to get a lobotomy to remove the rest of their brain.
greatdane
+0|6624
hmm why are there only 2 CPUs on that one... found one that supports 4
cpt.puppy
+0|6619
yeah but you've only got one disc drive, you cant copy one cd straight to another, queer...
7h3647h32in6
+0|6693
you're a beast. ;p
LockerFish
+47|6676
I wish I knew what is going on...
Maj.Do
+85|6721|good old CA

Warzau wrote:

I thought it might be a RAM drive.

"A RamSan 320 unit holds up to 64GB of RAM in a 3U rack unit. "
http://www.techworld.com/storage/news/i … ewsID=1176

Basically a device capable of keeping RAM powered so it can run like a hard disk.

damn ...the server chuy bought is still impressive though
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6746|Kansas, USA
Wow, and I remember way back when Chuy first wrote his rudimentary stats page and he was hosing it on his personal site.

To borrow a phrase: You've coma a long way, baby!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

i shot an old rackmount today with a M14, it felt good
[KCJ]DeadRed
+1|6701
oooh, purty.  damn shame to see a nice pool table suffering such a fate though.
siciliano732
+202|6619|New York
i wouldnt even know wha tto do with something that rediculous.....
smitty_is_here
+0|6610
wow own
AD_Kensan
+7|6754

Warzau wrote:

Nobody in their right mind would put any flavor of Windows on such a Server. Even Windows 2003 Server has a max of 4GB Ram that it supports (it would not recognize more than 4 Gigs).

Chuy said that he will put FreeBSD on it which makes me happy. Go *nix!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard