OpsChief
+101|6669|Southern California
This ain't no shit...there I was back in '06 runnin and gunnin with my m8s at the Southern end of Dragon Valley when a Cobra ATK HELO comes to hunt us down.  He is good, real good, and my comrades die to my left and right.

We run for safety in the covered loading dock behind the flag near the airfield as the Cobra hovers to cap the flag. I have my trusty PKM support kit fully loaded and so I roll a grenade under the helo and dash behind a pile of boxes just in time to hear THUMP! As I look up I see the Cobra leap into the sky with a slight smoke trail, bank left over the airfield and come back around the warehouse for another pass at us. Two more of my heroic team mates fall to the dogs blazing guns.

It is only then that I am inspired by my ancient family line of "berserkers" and I am filled with Lucid Rage - from this moment I can only repeat what my squad bro's tell me as I ascended into the state of Zen Warrior.

"...the helo was doggin us bad so The Chief steps up to the plate, he's packing the Hog and looks pissed. He walks, WALKS, right out from the building into plain sight! Then turns and while standing raises his PKM and opens up into the face of the oncomming Cobra, man the Hog is roaring  Buddda buddda buddda buddda!!!! as the helo passes over, he musta unloaded a whole belt of ammo into 'em - the pilots seem shocked or can't get a bead on him or somethin because they don't shoot back anymore. Then it happened, BAM!!! the bird is down!!!!" 

OpsChief 2 kills + 1 Cobra for the scrap heap.

I almost love my PKM...

My name is OpsChief and I am a PKM whore

EDIT: Take note this post began weeks before the 1.2 patch.....

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-23 07:55:59)

Lobsters
+0|6664
moar like armor whore am i rite?
OpsChief
lol Lobster that was last week!!!
OpsChief
Mannn LMAO hahaha chopper whores go buy a tank!!!

Tonight I shot down 5 helos (2 cobra 3 BH) and a chased a few more away with my PKM in 1 game lol 

I almost love my PKM...

warco3
+1|6721|Orlando, FL
You cant deny the damage the mighty PKM inflicts on vehicles. Too bad the thing is so slowwwwwwww. The MG36 is wicked fast so I find myself using both weapons, so I end up torn, kinda like choosing which girl I wanna bang.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6756

warco3 wrote:

kinda like choosing which girl I wanna bang.
except this time you go with the one that heats up faster
airborne916
+24|6658
lol
theCrusifix
+4|6657|Marshall, IL
DUDE, mr. OpsCheif, you might want to re-check your stats bro...100 hours in armor and over 250 hours played? i have a better score than you and i dont think i'm all that good.
OpsChief

theCrusifix wrote:

DUDE, mr. OpsCheif, you might want to re-check your stats bro...100 hours in armor and over 250 hours played? i have a better score than you and i dont think i'm all that good.
lmao Crusi you're one funny dude!  where did I say "i'm all that"?   Dude, Mr. Crusifix better check your assumptions....     & btw wth does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

If I had played only 1 hr of BF2 with a K : D of 10:100 the PKM is still a baddass for driving unsuspecting helo drivers away from my bases....

[begin /Rant]
I think you missed my point of the original posting (or maybe I made it poorly) which is to inform people that LMGs are not useless and say it in a humorous way. If points were really important I would have them. I play for the fun, for the sake of my lifelong hobby of wargaming, for the teamwork of BF2 and my good bros and some nostalgia too. I packed a '60 in the Army a 'few' times and I can still feel that baby rattling in my hands when I 'd open up with it.

As to the Armor time - my specialty kit in BF2 as in the Army is/was Armor/Mech/command. I carry the PKM because I like it and since I don't whore and TK for command or vehicles so I need something to play with the rest of the time. Yes I said I don't whore - I take whatever is left over or abandoned. It's about teamwork not stats my friend.
[end /Rant]

ty for sharing and have a nice day

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-11 11:43:47)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6799|Orlando, FL - Age 43

OpsChief wrote:

theCrusifix wrote:

lmao Cruci you're one funny dude!  where did I say "i'm all that"?   Dude, Mr. Crusifix better check your assumptions....     & btw wth does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

If I had played only 1 hr of BF2 with a K : D of 10:100 the PKM is still a baddass for driving unsuspecting helo drivers away from my bases....

[begin /Rant]
I think you missed my point of the original posting (or maybe I made it poorly) which is to inform people that LMGs are not useless and say it in a humorous way. If points were really important I would have them. I play for the fun, for the sake of my lifelong hobby of wargaming, for the teamwork of BF2 and my good bros and some nostalgia too. I packed a '60 in the Army a 'few' times and I can still feel that baby rattling in my hands when I 'd open up with it.

As to the Armor time - my specialty kit in BF2 as in the Army is/was Armor/Mech/command. I carry the PKM because I like it and since I don't whore and TK for command or vehicles so I need something to play with the rest of the time. Yes I said I don't whore - I take whatever is left over or abandoned. It's about teamwork not stats my friend.
[end /Rant]

ty for sharing and have a nice day
Tell it like it is, OpsChief. It's funny how the kids use their "skill" at a video game to think that they are all "that" and as a platform to launch what they think are scathing attacks. 

The beauty of BF2 is that it such a multi-faceted game.

BTW, the only time the term 'whore' applies, is if you have to kill your teammates in order to fulfill your desire to take a vehicle. The common misconception is that if you specialize in one type of weapon, you are  a whore. Some people just naturally gravitate to one or two weapons. There is no shame in that.

Have fun with your new found love.
OpsChief
lol thx Deacon m8  lol  lol damn im gonna laugh all day  "have fun with your new found love..."  lmao

You are profoundly correct about BF2 s beauty and because of its multifaceted nature it is the ONLY shooter game I have played for more than a week since 1995 lol.

Also I want to clarify one of my comments in the reply to Mr. Dude "...points may be important to you but aren't very important to me". Have fun is what's important.

the term 'whore' always meant something completely different to me entirely sometimes a good thing sometimes not    .... and the bunny hop was a kindegarten dance, dolphin diving was a "grass drill' in football and basic. eh what do i know....

maybe I will get the lingo right someday

but the PKM she's sweet, no?

lol  ty

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-11 12:16:28)

Anima05
+1|6752

OpsChief wrote:

This ain't no shit...there I was back in '06 runnin and gunnin with my m8s at the Southern end of Dragon Valley when a Cobra ATK HELO comes to hunt us down.  He is good, real good, and my comrades die to my left and right.

We run for safety in the covered loading dock behind the flag near the airfield as the Cobra hovers to cap the flag. I have my trusty PKM support kit fully loaded and so I roll a grenade under the helo and dash behind a pile of boxes just in time to hear THUMP! As I look up I see the Cobra leap into the sky with a slight smoke trail, bank left over the airfield and come back around the warehouse for another pass at us. Two more of my heroic team mates fall to the dogs blazing guns.

It is only then that I am inspired by my ancient family line of "berserkers" and I am filled with Lucid Rage - from this moment I can only repeat what my squad bro's tell me as I ascended into the state of Zen Warrior.

"...the helo was doggin us bad so The Chief steps up to the plate, he's packing the Hog and looks pissed. He walks, WALKS, right out from the building into plain sight! Then turns and while standing raises his PKM and opens up into the face of the oncomming Cobra, man the Hog is roaring  Buddda buddda buddda buddda!!!! as the helo passes over, he musta unloaded a whole belt of ammo into 'em - the pilots seem shocked or can't get a bead on him or somethin because they don't shoot back anymore. Then it happened, BAM!!! the bird is down!!!!" 

OpsChief 2 kills + 1 Cobra for the scrap heap.

I almost love my PKM...

actually im a bigger PKM whore
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

theCrusifix wrote:

wait wait let me say it...

[/breaths]

Fuck you stat bitch.

Get back to the main idea of the post he's not claiming how good he is like YOU do. He doesn't hold his wang and type on the forums.
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6697
Well said Opschief its all about teamwork and not the stats get a good team together and your stats will follow and man Polar tell him off he must of missed your post on judging stats as a excuse to judge people
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6727|cairns australia
still picturing someone swinging a pkm at a ball
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6693
If you held the barrel and used the shoulder stock to hit the ball with, it might work ok.
OpsChief

Anima05 wrote:

actually im a bigger PKM whore
See I'm not the only one....

lol  Enjoy
Anima05
+1|6752

polarbearz wrote:

theCrusifix wrote:

wait wait let me say it...

[/breaths]

Fuck you stat bitch.

Get back to the main idea of the post he's not claiming how good he is like YOU do. He doesn't hold his wang and type on the forums.
i agree with polarbearz
OpsChief
has anyone else experienced the euphoria of v1.2 PKM also?

No if I can figure out how to carry the PKM in one hand and the MG36 in the other.....

I bow to the bigger PKM whore but,

I almost love my PKM...

EDIT: This post is on the 1st day I used the 1.2 patch

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-23 08:00:45)

Boomerjinks
+301|6788|Denver, CO
The PKM is my homeboy. I can use that thing to snipe people....freaking LOVE it!
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6677|Espoo, Finland
After I patched to 1.2 i officially became a PKM whore too
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6745
PKM damage is still 45. You taked down the helo because all of the air vehicles have their hit points reduced...

Btw... I was a PKM whore even before 1.2 patch
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6738|Houston, TX
It was fun to play with pre 1.2!! I can't wait to pull her trigger on 1.2!

Another PKM Lover,

KJ

"When she makes the enemy shake, twitch, and slump over, it's just her way of saying I love you too."
sgt_mango333
+31|6645
Even before the patch the PKM warranted attention from helo drivers.  I don't know how many attacks I broke up with my PKM; saving lives and allowing a decent defensive/offensive to take shape without a helo breaking it up. I haven't killed many helos with it, but like OpsChief says, it ain't all about the points.  Look at my score.  That's partially cuz I suck and partially cuz I pull a lot of turret and scout duty to help the team.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6748|The Netherlands
I shot a prone sniper on 30 meters with the PKM today

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard