Poll

Which One Out of this Two Options Would be the Best?

Option A38%38% - 28
Option B61%61% - 44
Total: 72
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
Option A:
-Bashing Islam and the whole Muslim community and increasing the hatred towards the West.
-Attacking and invading their countries.
-Being afraid of all Muslims.
-Thinking that Osama Bin Laden is the World leader of extremist Muslims.
-Imprisoning and torturing innocent people just in case they are extremists.
-Calling European countries appeasers because they aren't fighting Islam.
-Giving Israel green light to do whatever they want in Lebanon and the OT.
-Helping Saudi Arabia and Pakistani dictator Musharraf while being obsessed with Iran's nuclear power.

Option B:
-Showing respect for their Religion.
-Using every country's intelligence services and working together to get the extremists.
-Trying to get a peace deal between Israel and Palestine.
-Helping Pakistan to get rid of the Taleban.
-Working together with moderate Muslims around the World to make Sharia law less strict.
-Forcing Saudi Arabia and other countries to respect human rights.
-Passing sanctions against any country that violates human rights.
-Showing moderate Muslims that the extremists are their enemies too.
-Respecting innocent people's lives.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6001|The Mitten
Option B, tbh.... too bad it aint gonna happen.
EE (hats
random-name
+4|6607|TN
As 'great' as your bottom list sounds, you do realize that no matter how much respect, trust, individual rights, and sanctions we pass, the extremist muslim world will never accept the west or israel right?..
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Where is option C? Knowing that no matter what you do, you will never acheive peace among men.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6454|Cambridge, UK

Option A is the Dark Side....
- "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate, and Hate leads to suffering."

So I choose Option B....
- "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Last edited by KylieTastic (2008-02-17 06:24:25)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

random-name wrote:

As 'great' as your bottom list sounds, you do realize that no matter how much respect, trust, individual rights, and sanctions we pass, the extremist muslim world will never accept the west or israel right?..
Those extremists must be killed and/or imprisoned and trialed.  The moderates will accept the West and Israel.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

KylieTastic wrote:

Option A is the Dark Side....
- "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate, and Hate leads to suffering."

So I choose Option B....
- "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
Option A is today and option B is the alternative.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
Ofcourse option B I think that's pretty logic. Though it's alot harder to achieve than it actually sounds. Alot of time, patience and an almost infinite supply of money is required to get what we wish to have there. Especially the situation surrounding Israel is hard to ever repair, Not one of the countries there actually wants to acknowledge Israel's existance.
inane little opines
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6454|Cambridge, UK

dayarath wrote:

Ofcourse option B I think that's pretty logic. Though it's alot harder to achieve than it actually sounds. Alot of time, patience and an almost infinite supply of money is required to get what we wish to have there. Especially the situation surrounding Israel is hard to ever repair, Not one of the countries there actually wants to acknowledge Israel's existance.
Option B may be impossible, and certainly very difficult..... but till people give up on Option A (fear and hate) there is no chance
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6304
Option C: Guns
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Option A just to spite you for making one of your infamous retaliation threads.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...

KylieTastic wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Option B may be impossible, and certainly very difficult..... but till people give up on Option A (fear and hate) there is no chance
Problem with this 'giving up on option A'  is that we all know it needs to come from both sides, and most tries untill now have resulted in complete failure. The extremist groups in the middle east make it considerably harder for any attempt to actually work. They say one thing, but oftenly do the other (which oftenly includes violence).
inane little opines
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

sergeriver wrote:

Option A:
-Bashing Islam and the whole Muslim community and increasing the hatred towards the West.
-Attacking and invading their countries.
-Being afraid of all Muslims.
-Thinking that Osama Bin Laden is the World leader of extremist Muslims.
-Imprisoning and torturing innocent people just in case they are extremists.
-Calling European countries appeasers because they aren't fighting Islam.
-Giving Israel green light to do whatever they want in Lebanon and the OT.
-Helping Saudi Arabia and Pakistani dictator Musharraf while being obsessed with Iran's nuclear power.

Option B:
-Showing respect for their Religion.
-Using every country's intelligence services and working together to get the extremists.
-Trying to get a peace deal between Israel and Palestine.
-Helping Pakistan to get rid of the Taleban.
-Working together with moderate Muslims around the World to make Sharia law less strict.
-Forcing Saudi Arabia and other countries to respect human rights.
-Passing sanctions against any country that violates human rights.
-Showing moderate Muslims that the extremists are their enemies too.
-Respecting innocent people's lives.
Am I really the only that sees this as being hand held down a path of agreement with sergeriver???
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6628|Sea to globally-cooled sea
Option A.

fuck them.  with big missiles.
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5938|New York

jsnipy wrote:

Where is option C? Knowing that no matter what you do, you will never acheive peace among men.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6831|Grapevine, TX
wow nice discussion? Can I please only have one way to think about something? null vote. Waste of hard drive space, if you ask me.
zeidmaan
+234|6417|Vienna

What pisses me off is that the official strategy is option B - winning hearts and minds and stuff. But the general attitude of people is overwhelmingly A - being all macho and shit and cursing those who try a more intelligent approach and labeling them as *shruders* appeasers. People will go to long lengths to show that they support the troops, yet those same people often dont support the troops (if that makes sense) with their "A" attitude. They are contributing to the general perception of the west (to our enemies) as "Islam bashing war mongering etc etc people", thus making the job much harder (if not impossible) to the same troops that they wholeheartedly support. And whats even worse is that its also done by the troops them selves. It doesnt make sense whatsoever.

Lets face it... if you were a Iraqi with internet connection, you would probably hate USA
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Null. 

-Radical Islamic terrorists could care less if we respect them, they do not respect us. 
-We’re already using intelligence services to get the extremists, for some reason people have been opposing out tools to do just that
-Peace deal between Israel and Palestine is a pointless waste of time
-“Getting” the extremists and “helping” Pakistan involves using force.  The enemy is armed.  Waiving daisies at them is not the way to go. 
-Elimination of Sharia law and equal rights for women and minorities is what needs to happen.
-The moderate Muslims know the extremists are their enemies too.  The extremists are blowing up their families in public.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Is there an unbiased, realistic option?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

Null. 

-Radical Islamic terrorists could care less if we respect them, they do not respect us.   We should try at least, don't you think?
-We’re already using intelligence services to get the extremists, for some reason people have been opposing out tools to do just that   Improve the collaboration
-Peace deal between Israel and Palestine is a pointless waste of time  I don¡t think it is
-“Getting” the extremists and “helping” Pakistan involves using force.  The enemy is armed.  Waiving daisies at them is not the way to go.  Maybe the extremists should be caught by every country infested with them
-Elimination of Sharia law and equal rights for women and minorities is what needs to happen.  They will never completely leave Sharia laws, they need to make it less strict
-The moderate Muslims know the extremists are their enemies too.  The extremists are blowing up their families in public.  Maybe some moderate Muslims perceive both the extremists and the West as their enemies, then the task consists in showing who the real enemy is to them
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

There's nothing fully unbiased.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker

sergeriver wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Null. 

-Radical Islamic terrorists could care less if we respect them, they do not respect us.   We should try at least, don't you think?
-We’re already using intelligence services to get the extremists, for some reason people have been opposing out tools to do just that   Improve the collaboration
-Peace deal between Israel and Palestine is a pointless waste of time  I don¡t think it is
-“Getting” the extremists and “helping” Pakistan involves using force.  The enemy is armed.  Waiving daisies at them is not the way to go.  Maybe the extremists should be caught by every country infested with them
-Elimination of Sharia law and equal rights for women and minorities is what needs to happen.  They will never completely leave Sharia laws, they need to make it less strict
-The moderate Muslims know the extremists are their enemies too.  The extremists are blowing up their families in public.  Maybe some moderate Muslims perceive both the extremists and the West as their enemies, then the task consists in showing who the real enemy is to them
Sorry Serge, just ain't happening.  I'll pick up a rifle before I give respect to an Islamic terrorist.  I already respect the Muslims I know here in my community in the US.   

I'm all for improved collaboration.

I've seen absolutely no progress towards peace in the Middle East.  They've been fighting for thousands of years and will continue to do so.

It would be nice if every country infested with islamic terrorists would catch them, but there are several ME countries actively breeding them instead.  Those are the countries that need to feel the military might of the world.

Sharia is "morality" and male superiority enforced by threat of physical harm or death, that mindset cannot blend with modern society.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

sergeriver wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Yeah, but it is all your biases.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

Sorry Serge, just ain't happening.  I'll pick up a rifle before I give respect to an Islamic terrorist.  I already respect the Muslims I know here in my community in the US.
I'm not asking for respect for the terrorists.  I'm asking for respect for the moderate ones.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

jsnipy wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Yeah, but it is all your biases.
I'm biased, you are biased, that's how it works.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard