henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6345|Belfast
i am sooo pised at those cocksuckers
i got a fucking handshaking failure even that ive updated it TWICE in one week
FUCK PB and your cheap "Anti" Cheat system

/goes to play cs

Last edited by henno13 (2008-02-15 10:25:46)

commissargizz
+123|6460| Heaven
Bye then.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6145|San Antonio, Texas
I've only had that problem once. Some of us are lucky.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6484|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I never have had a problem.
0ne-eyed_joe
Hopper Chore
+14|5917|Lancashire,England
Happened to me once.....
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5980|Perth, indian ocean
PB stuffs up once, then its good.
Give it another chance
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5930|United States
i've had some problems with pb on vista, but they took me like 10 minutes to solve
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6340|tropical regions of london
Ive got the same problem
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6436|King Of The Islands

argo4 wrote:

i've had some problems with pb on vista, but they took me like 10 minutes to solve
Good to know.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Adamshannon8
+94|6182
pb doesn't work well with vista (actually, i don't know what does?)

XP ftw!
DaMaster
+7|5823|USA, WV
PB Starting out was a bitch. But, after i got it working the only probs i had was sometimes it needed an update and didint auto do it, causing all types of problim.  But, i know afew people who have had lots of problims. One couldint even get it to work at all. Another had handshaking probs left and right. PB Sucks, but, games would suck alot more without an AC system in place. And, pb is the best out their.

Btw, all you vista haters need to spend more then 5 secconds on it and learn that everything works fine if you run it as admin.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6678|S.E. United States
was having the same probs as of late.it occurred after I did a fresh install of xp.was trying everything under the sun.until I ran across this thread at planet battlefield forums.

MrReverend  Quote:

I got this reply from Pb. It seemed to help me.

http://www.evenbalance.com//troubletick … 72bebbdbe9

Basically told me to download this:
http://web1.evenbalance.com/downloads/bf2/pbcl.dll
into my pb folder in BF2

Thought I tried that before. Maybe this is a newer file. ***

just follow the instructions on where do put the file and wala,no more handshake error.went and played 2 rounds with no probs last night.
btw,not to get off subject,but last night was my first time back playing bf2 vanilla in 3 months or so.been playing PR and I have to say after playing PR,vanilla really sucks,really sucks.its like going from a cadillac(PR) to a chevy citation(BF2V)...PR rules !

Last edited by KillerYaNk (2008-08-07 04:54:38)

MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5996|Aberdeen, Scotland
I've been having a few probs recently too, have updated with PBsetup several times, and just tried addindg that .dll file, still couldn't get into certain servers...

Can get into some fine, but not others, sometimes restarting BF" + updating PB works, sometimes it doesn't...couldn't this be conflicts between different server-side and client versions of PB?

Gah...frustrating. Never had much trouble with this before, but I know plenty of people have...
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5761|Belgium
Oh yes, fuck PB, because really, without it this game would be so much better. Right? Cartillery on every server, aimbots on ever server, wallhackers everywhere... The game would be better with PB, right???

GTFO.
MrAnderson

Jebus wrote:

Oh yes, fuck PB, because really, without it this game would be so much better. Right? Cartillery on every server, aimbots on ever server, wallhackers everywhere... The game would be better with PB, right???

GTFO.
Lol...true. I have seen alot of bans being enforced (player xxx banned for aimbot/autofire/gamehack etc...) since they upgraded the PB system...
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6323

Jebus wrote:

GTFO.
PB stops cartillary?
DaMaster
+7|5823|USA, WV

Ten24Alpha420 wrote:

Jebus wrote:

GTFO.
PB stops cartillary?
PB Stops the hack that alowes massive ammounts of carts to be droped.
MrAnderson
My arse...was on =PL= Surge this afternoon and saw a mass car drop, the guy was banned by admin as there were very few players on, but PB didn't detect it.

Remember the hackers will always be ahead of the anti-cheat system, in any game.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5761|Belgium

MrAnderson wrote:

My arse...was on =PL= Surge this afternoon and saw a mass car drop, the guy was banned by admin as there were very few players on, but PB didn't detect it.

Remember the hackers will always be ahead of the anti-cheat system, in any game.
I can assure you, there would me A LOT more hackers in this game without PB.
Adamshannon8
+94|6182

Jebus wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

I can assure you, there would me A LOT more hackers in this game without PB.
no, hack makers would have no challenge, so they would stop making hacks and more to cod4
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5979
em, look at FEAR. That's a hackers paradise, and its no challenge

As for this handshaking business, what fixed it for me was.

Downloading pbsvc.exe, uninstalling pb through pbsvc, going to my bf2 folder and deleting the pb folder within, restarting my computer, installing pb using pbsvc.exe, downloading the pbsetup.exe, running pbsetup.exe and adding bf2, add game --> bf2 --> check for updates, ????? , profit.
Fly51
+1|6151|France
I had the problem too. After having updated my PB, I still had the same problem. Actually, I launch the game from a modified shortcut, with my personnal info, like my login, password etc... So i tried to launch the game from the original .exe, and it works perfectly. each time I have the andshaking failure, I log on from the .exe from my Battlefield folder, and it's ok. Hope it will fixed with the upcoming patch.
noMad17
+3|5768|Sweden
Only problem I've had with PB is that it has got a "cardiac arrest" as I prefer to call it (original message reads something like this: Server Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe heartbeats stopped.) Rarely happens these days but I found it quite funny the first time it happened.
MasterLuBu
+6|5732|Perth, Australia
I have this problem, but I seem to fix it by searching for "PnkBstrB.exe" and executing it (double clicking on it). After that, I havent had any more "cardiac arrest" problems
arnica
+18|6677|Sydney

henno13 wrote:

i am sooo pised at those cocksuckers
i got a fucking handshaking failure even that ive updated it TWICE in one week
FUCK PB and your cheap "Anti" Cheat system

/goes to play cs
I just manually update the pb by saving the latest version of pb into the pb folder. Worked a treat for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard