Classic 1942 feel – yes please

3rd person – scuze me??

More health – hmmm, this could be good or bad

Shorter spawns – YAY!

No prone - This is not CS:S, you just ruined it

Smaller maps – again, not CS:S gimme large maps

Pick one class – I like this idea of rts building my character so to speak

Hope this isn’t BF3 – me too
Agreed on prone, not sure why they did that. Instead of figuring out how to code the game so prone is still available without being able to dolphin dive, thye just kill prone altogether.
What you expect? This is a cheap ass game, only reason they are releasing it this late as they will get more to buy it.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

Ok, I got the issue last night.  Read the article.

From the pics, basically TF2, but with vehicles.  EA claims they had the style in place before TF2.

Hate the no-proning though.  Seeing a bunch of guys standing next to each other with guns firing away looks stupid.

Love the "air inferiority" comment though.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone
Its in third person view. Gonna be hard to play it.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
mikkel
+383|6593

Longbow wrote:

-No more prone ability, to get rid of "dolphin diving." Crouching will also have no effect on accuracy
Sounds retarded. No crounching effect on accuracy, wtf?  Every idiot that dont even know how to press ctrl now can just shoot and hit you, how dumb DICE are?
If your skill only extends as far as being able to kill people who don't know how to crouch, I'd say that the problem is with you, not the game.

aj0404 wrote:

no proning?crouching doesn't affect accuracy?why don't they just make Battlefield:Civil War so nobody can move and we can stand in lines and shoot at eachother?
Pretty much all of the most demanding games in terms of skill ever made have been games where crouching did absolutely nothing for your accuracy.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Sounds like DICE is has made making a game that is actually fun their top priority, which is odd considering most devs try to make their games as deep and complex as possible.
More complex requires more skills= more fun IMO.  But,I think it is neat, and this is for the people who bitch about all the things about BF2.  This seems like a straight forward BF2,  and by all means EA, do so . A little variety never hurt anyone.  Alot of spects I don't really think I'll like, I may pass on it, well, for now.

Then again, working for the global good and sticking with one kit is very interesting.  Not something I'd want in BF3 I don't think, but perfect for something like this.

Interesting.
baggs
+732|6196
sounds ok in fact, but i dont see it being anywhere near the product people have read about in this post. also looks like they are trying to incorporate some of the ideas that failed hard in 2142 i.e. your upgrades and vast reduction in classes. I like classes just the way they are in BF2, some people say certain classes are overpowered, but the whole fun is mastering a class and becoming great at it right? (medic and support aside of course)
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
I thought classes and upgrades were good in 2142.   All the classes are still there, you just have to decide how to load out depending on the role you want to play.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone

HurricaИe wrote:

I got the latest issue of GFW in the mail, so I figured I'd post some summaries of what they talked about.

General Stuff
-They mention how Crysis didn't do too well commercially... DICE hopes to flip that issue around by not only letting BF Heroes work on lower-end PCs (that is to say, without N64 graphics) while also having it be free +1

-"Everyone's online" and "there's a hardcore gamer in everybody"... DICE wants to make the game more accessible to "the gamer" inside of everyone. They figure that if the game's good, word will spread. Just marketing Bullshit, prove it first.

-They want to bring back that classic feeling of just fooling around in BF1942, wingwalking on a B-17 etc +1 (but this doesn't seem at all like it will achieve that)

-They want to have a bigger community management team, making polls and seeing what people want +1 (But it's also usually only the 'whiners' that bother saying anything which destroys it for those who are content

Gameplay / Other such things

-The game is a THIRD PERSON shooter, not a First Person shooter...-1
the developer says, "If the community really really wants FPS play, we can change it" +1/2

-The graphics are quite similar to Team Fortress 2 -1

-It seems to be a WWII setting, albeit less serious. The Nazis for example, have a skull and cross-bones instead of a swastika on their flag... and they're called the "National Army" Why? -1

-Players will have more health, guns are less "immediately lethal", spawns are shorter, and they're trying to make firefights last longer than the usual point-your-G36E-and-click-five-times routine. -1

-You "have time" to use unlocks; a guy with an incendiary bullets ability can fire at someone, but he can try and put it out with another ability. They don't want it to "totally depend upon precise aim and pro shooting skills" -1

-The game will be Team Deathmatch, at least at first. Each team has a set number of lives, and each frag = one less life. Then its not BF, -1

-No more prone ability, to get rid of "dolphin diving." Crouching will also have no effect on accuracy -1

-Smaller maps than BF2 -1

-"Intelligent spawn system" places players close to the action yeah, as if that will work. just create more spawn deaths... over and over again -1

-They want to make a "metagame" where you pick a side, fight for it, and the points you get are put into a global tally. At the end of each week, the side with more points gets extra in-game money for example. Meh, whatever

-This cash will let you get "patches, badges, boots, hats, helmets, goggles, belts, heads, feet, etc" Meh, whatever

-Producer says "I want to emphasize that 95% of players will never spend a penny"; they will only sell "convenience" items, for instance, increasing the speed at which you get points. They "won't allow people to purchase powerful characters and weapons." +1

-You will pick one class when you make an account, and instead of switching kits you give yourself abilities. A soldier might get the ability to see the outline of opponents through nearby walls, or perhaps a "handeheld artillery strike" (a bunch of grenades). The Commando is essentially a SF / sniper guy... low health and ammo but high power guns, and he's fast. The Gunner is, well, essentially like the Heavy from TF2. -1, I don't want to have to choose how I play before I even start. I also what to be able to change depending on what I feel like and the type of role in game I need to fulfill

I'm probably going to check it out. It IS free, after all. I just hope this isn't the actual BF3.
End Score: -4.5
/Fail
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5953|Washington DC
I still think people should try it out. It will be free afterall.
mikkel
+383|6593

DrunkFace wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

-The game will be Team Deathmatch, at least at first. Each team has a set number of lives, and each frag = one less life. Then its not BF, -1
How is TDM not BF?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin
No one answered my question.

War Man wrote:

Is there a monthly fee, thought I recall someone saying that in the forum? If not, I might going for it.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
No monthly fee. However, you can buy extra stuff for your character.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin
Wasn't planning to buy stuff but thank you for answering my question.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
It's free, so why not try it.

Haters and slaters, it's not going to be like BF2, but maybe that's a good thing.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
bajabug69
+2|6525|Oz
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
Can't fucking wait
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6681|London, UK
Wtf are these guys thinking third person view??? But I like the idea of only experience players playing with each other but what the hell 2142 and BF2 looks much better then this, also buying stuff will keep them developing the game but we do this when we pay for a ranked server why don't they fix the bugs in BF2 as people are paying each month to keep a ranked server going. Grrrr this game also looks like for 10 year olds...........

Also Iam thinking this is battlefield 3 seeing as the leak mentioned customising your soldier which you see in teh leak and also theres only 2 factions like the leak

another 'great' game.
-=Scott=-
+2|6825|San Diego, CA

bullit wrote:

Also Iam thinking this is battlefield 3 seeing as the leak mentioned customising your soldier which you see in teh leak and also theres only 2 factions like the leak

another 'great' game.
Nope.
Is this BF3?
No, Battlefield Heroes is not Battlefield 3. Battlefield Heroes is one of many Battlefield games in development by DICE, including Battlefield Bad Company for PS3 and Xbox 360. We have not made any announcements regarding Battlefield 3.
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/Vi … mp;game=10
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6681|London, UK
ah ok my bad should read more
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6398|NSW, Australia

they are giving you a FREE game and your all still bitching? grow the fuck up.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone

XxRavenxX wrote:

They gave us a free patch and look how that turned out...
From what I've seen so far I don't care if its free, it wont be worth the time to Download it. Of course things may change, but as of now... it looks like a waste of time.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6398|NSW, Australia

DrunkFace wrote:

XxRavenxX wrote:

They gave us a free patch and look how that turned out...
From what I've seen so far I don't care if its free, it wont be worth the time to Download it. Of course things may change, but as of now... it looks like a waste of time.
all im saying is why bitch about a game you will have spent no money on? at LEAST wait untill its released before flaming it to death.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard