Jackabo
+127|6528|Dublin, Ireland
(Taken from my post on my clan website: www.dirtyheroes.net)

Well it's been two month's now and I've been playing WoW a lot in this time and I have come to a conclusion on my final thoughts of the game.

A game which has no end, I used to think was pointless, but the recent release of COD4 where the game can be finished in about 2 days brought me to realise that a game with no end can be good and considering this game is actually fun, it is very good.

At the beginning I just bought it to play with my closer friends in this clan, but as I played more and more, I realised that this game was actually kind of fun, I even started to get excited when I started getting my first blue weopans and learning new mage skills.

After almost of year of criticising the game myself, I know why people would see it as a terrible game and never try to play it, but now that I've tried it I see nothing wrong with it. Probably not the best game for people who have to work everyday as it consumes ALOT of time, but for a student with a lot of holidays and free time and nothing much else to do it is pretty good.

Would I recommend this game. I can't give a definitive answer. For some people this game would be 'perfect' and for others it would not be so good. For one, it's addictive, which means that you'll stay up late at night and put the game in front of ACTUAL responsibilities. Which is why I wouldn't play if I was someone with a lot to do. But for someone like me, a student doing pretty much nothing in school who lives in the middle of nowhere, it seems like a retty good choice. Not only does it give you a lot to do, but I find that this is the closest to good fun I've had since the first year I joined this clan and we used to play BF2 all the time.

So you've read my thought's, and weather you consider them valid or not: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/index.xml

You'll also end up having more fun condiering that we have many high leveled characters to help you if you begin a new one!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
In Darth Vader Voice:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Karma for a good, thoughtful post.)
Mr.Dude2
+13|6294| Bay Area Calif. USA
Get a girlfriend...and more of a life....life is too short to play WOW....gotta go now and play BF2 POE   
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

WoW is the software equivilant of premium crack cocaine. Blizzard even gives you a free sample to get you hooked on the drug.

Insightful post, but my steadfast negative opinion of WoW remains the same.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

is there a negative karma button, well with the free time I have not being consumed by WoW I will create one

-1 You can't like wow, you get addicted and you hate it on the inside
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
UnknownRanger1
+6|6080

Ty wrote:

WoW is the software equivilant of premium crack cocaine. Blizzard even gives you a free sample to get you hooked on the drug.

Agree, +1
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6516
Trust me, max level + all best items in the game = end of any mmorpg.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6383|Michigan, USA

We've lost another soul to the evilness of WoW! Oh well, the more men tied up on WoW means the playing field for women is easier!
Docjones
+7|5955|Connecticut
Finally a thread that doesn't auto flame WoW. +1
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

Mr.Dude2 wrote:

Get a girlfriend...and more of a life....life is too short to play WOW....gotta go now and play BF2 POE   

Ty wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

is there a negative karma button, well with the free time I have not being consumed by WoW I will create one

-1 You can't like wow, you get addicted and you hate it on the inside

commandochristian wrote:

We've lost another soul to the evilness of WoW! Oh well, the more men tied up on WoW means the playing field for women is easier!
https://assassaindolphin.files.wordpress.com/8852/09/palm.jpg
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

BF2 ate up alot of my time.  Self confessed awards whore.  BUT, BF2 did NOT have a monthly fee.

I have negative thoughts about WoW.  But a monthly fee?! Fuck that!  I understand the cost of running servers and all that, but still, it's what, 15$ a month?

No thanks because that reason alone.
UnknownRanger1
+6|6080
Epic thread.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6159|Canada

My thoughts on Jackabo

GTFO
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA
We've lost another.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6676

Ty wrote:

I've tried it.  It's not fun.  It is only slightly addicting.
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6133|Houston, Texas
the us government should crack down on wow like it tried to do with crack cocaine. it just ruins all the little children!
Imagorilla
M95 > Apache
+5|5898|US of A
"My mage could so totally pwn your rouge!!"
"Oh really? How the fuck could he?"
"I got the EPIC PANTS OF KAL'DREGG!!  +5 to ice sheild/explosion/bomb/flamethrower"
"OMFG!! Where did you find that drop!?"

....you can hear the acne bubbling and the virginity growing....
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

RoosterCantrell wrote:

BF2 ate up alot of my time.  Self confessed awards whore.  BUT, BF2 did NOT have a monthly fee.

I have negative thoughts about WoW.  But a monthly fee?! Fuck that!  I understand the cost of running servers and all that, but still, it's what, 15$ a month?

No thanks because that reason alone.
QFT!
ScOrPiOn1189
+8|6432|New York
I played WoW for about to years and i regret buying the game, its a waste of time and money in my eyes because
its not like your gunna play it forever and its so dam repetitive.  the only thing anybody could get out of it is selling their account on ebay which sometimes will exceed the amount you spend to play it but most of the time even if you sell your account you've wasted money.

least they could do is update the shitty graphics for 15$ a month
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6565|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
so aparently none of the flamers see the gold mine called WoW, yes you have to pay 15$ a month for it, but when you hit 70 and start getting good gear you can sell that shit for several times of what it costs to maintain an account. minimum of 9 days playing time gets you a 70, add a like 3-4 extras for getting geared in tier 4 and maybe a tier 5 instance. that shit will probably sell for a good $700+. you may think its improbable so i will revert you to this website and many others you can find on google WoW Goldmines . It seems incredibly stupid yes, but think about it. you put maximum 45$ into the game to level up, you can get out of it a minimum of 400$. thats a good 345$ profit right there, if you play your cards right, i goes up, and shit, what if you dont want to sell your account, there's always gold 1000g is goes for 50-100$ for each 1000, and at level 70 gold is quite easy to come by. so the next time you think about bashing WoW, think of people like me, making a killing off the game.
Defiance
+438|6641

Most of the people that flame WoW haven't played it. They are full of shit. Not for their opinion, but because they haven't even looked at the cover before judging the book.

The rest that have just don't like it, but have played it. That's fine, it's a game and your entitled to your educated opinion.

Then there's the people that like it, quite a few of them.

I played it through to the end of raids and probably won't go back for Sunwell. It just does take up so much time and high end guilds aren't very flexible with times. Save for a very small few.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-02-12 21:44:41)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
All of the people making (serious) "WoW = Crack Cocaine" comments are seriously misguided and idiotic. Do you people really believe the media hype and the phenomenon known as 'game addiction'? Do you actually think that a few pixels on a screen can have the same psychological effect on somebody as crack cocaine? Addiction is purely mental; people that become 'addicted' or fixated with World of Warcraft do so because they seek a form of escapism from real life... yet, I don't see angry mobs of gamers rushing out to ironically contradict themselves with cries of "Nerd!" and "Loser!" whenever somebody gets 'addicted' to TV or Xbox360...

At the end of the day, if you're susceptible and as weak-minded as to become addicted to a game, then it just shows that you have some sort of mental / personality issues- and you're likely to get addicted to anything in a similar vein that acts as a form of escapism and 'relief' from the unpleasant aspects of real-life. It's not as if leveling in World of Warcraft is like taking a sinful hit of heroin; forever trapped in a neverending circle of craving and addiction. /Sigh at peoples' naivety...

Imagorilla wrote:

"My mage could so totally pwn your rouge!!"
"Oh really? How the fuck could he?"
"I got the EPIC PANTS OF KAL'DREGG!!  +5 to ice sheild/explosion/bomb/flamethrower"
"OMFG!! Where did you find that drop!?"
Now, I'm not one to lower myself to ad hominem arguments... but you're a self-professed Diablo II player! How can you ridicule fantasy or role-playing games when you proclaim your support and participation in the exact same thing in your signature! Was your post meant to be satirical on that many levels, or just the singular Simpleton-level that you made more blatant?

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Trust me, max level + all best items in the game = end of any mmorpg.
Alas, you are correct! But does one ever truly reach this point in a MMORPG? Especially in a MMORPG with the support and developer-attention that World of Warcraft has. For example, the higher echelons of 'hardcore' raiding guilds have Black Temple (the hardest instance) on farm status right now... that doesn't necessarily mean all 40-50 members have achieved their goals and acquired the finest gear. Plus, that will never happen... because Blizzard are now in the process of mass-testing the next instance; The Sunwell! Any 'true' MMORPG is being constantly updated and extended,- so therefore your 'ideal' situation in which you 'complete' the game- will never be met. And, let's hope that isn't the reason why people play MMORPG's... because they'll never be satisfied!

Last edited by Uzique (2008-02-13 00:36:00)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6155
WoW isn't a bad game at all.... some people like it and some people don't like it, and then you get the people who bash it even though they have never played it
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland
Takes too much time for me to even consider playing it.
It's not a bad game though.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast

Phatmatt wrote:

My thoughts on Jackabo

GTFO
agreed

but
seriously
i agree with the cocine thing
i dont pay per month to play some shitty RPG