CloakedStarship
+76|6562
Almost three years ago I was in my sophmore year of high school.  A friend of mine said this new kickass game was coming out.  BF2.  I had played BF1942 briefly, not enough to say I really had much of an idea what the game was about.  Just that I expected vehicles and aircraft.  So a few weeks after the game is released, I buy it.  Me and my friend get on and play a bit, but hes one of those hardcore gamers.  Played Cal-M in CS:S. 

Eventually he stopped playing, and went over to WoW (what a fag).  I kept playing for a month or two on the EA US Official servers, but i dropped off before the first patches came about.  I took a break, gave school some more attention, but around winter vacation I took BF2 back out and plugged it in.  It was the latter stages of Patch 1.2.  I Learned the joys of bunny hopping and dolphin diving like a little bitch and knifing the fuck out of everyone.  It was fun, the game seemed to be fun enough for me to keep playing.  I met the clan I am in today in winter 06.  Response =R=.

*Insert 1 excellent year of nothing but BF2 and progressing to the rank of Major General here*
We were one excellent crew.  Most of the time that we went into a server we could own it, and have copious amounts of fun doing it to.  They were, and still are a bunch of excellent guys (except for 3 faggots who were thrown out).

Today I rarely play bf2 anymore.  The game is still unique in that its the only FPS with a variety of vehicles and aircraft, and that makes it glorious in its own way.  But game support stopped a long time ago.  Game glitches and lousy bullet registration has finally pushed me away from the game.  And its been nearly 3 years of the same thing over and over again.

So I sit here in this chapter of my gaming history awaiting BF3, or something close to it.  Until then I play TF2 which truly shines a heavenly light on FPS gaming, but just doesn't replace BF2.

So whats your story.  What brought you to the game?  Who'd you meet?  This section has had nothing but the same "Which gun/class/vehicle/aircraft do you like the most" threads.  Lets hear some history, because the present just isn't interesting anymore.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6646
I learned about it from AOTS, was my first online multiplayer FPS, had fun, met some good (and bad) people along the way. Occasionally still play.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6519
bf2 changed my life.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6643
One of my friends told me to buy the game so that I could fly choppers around for him. I didn't know how to fly but kept with it despite hitting the ground many times.

I still play the game for an hour or two every other day, sometimes more. Mostly because my computer can't run anything much better than BF2(still can't really play 64 sized maps, especially with vehicles), but also because the confined environments of other shooters bothers me. Open-endedness ftw!
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6703
BF1942 was the first game to incorporate vehicles with infantry.  It was an amazing game, and I still play it.

BF2 had a lot of potential.  It was fun for awhile, but the faulty hitboxes and frequent crashes drove me away.  PR mod still fun though...
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5952|Minnesota
a friend told me about it last year. i borrowed it for a while, i didn't patch it for a while and played the only ranked server on the first version, which was knife only. soooo much fun, i got all the knife badges as a private. this was during the time bf2s didn't work so i quit for a while since i couldn't rank up. came back in like august and bam i got 3000 points. i haven't stopped playing since.
Safrguns
+105|6127
Despite the annoying hitreg failures, I'm still having quite a bit of fun learning how to shoot down choppers and jets with a tank.
BF2 has really gotten me into machinema...  I'm enjoying making movies about BF2 almost as much as just playing the game itself.
Search safrguns on www.stage6.com
Its a real hoot!
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6542
Played the demo, bought the game, here I am.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6319|Orrstrayleea

ig wrote:

bf2 changed my life.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6450|The Twilight Zone

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Played the demo, bought the game, here I am.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon
bf1942
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
Used to play DF-BHD, a colleague told me about BF2, Dominoes were running a promotion - I got BF2 for A$35, he got two free pizzas
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pj666
+16|6362|Sydney, Australia
Work mate of mine got converted by his brother mid 2006. Raved to me about it. I got it free with some Pizz deal (was going to buy it anyway), and played it irregularly for a year and always loved it. Haven't played much since mid September 2007, because I have professional job, wife, etc. But also because if I play I want to play it for several hours at a time to get my eye back in.

The whole battlefield experience gets me. Kits, vehicles, big battlefields, etc. The hacks and ijits don't really annoy me. I just change servers. But it is a game I am happy to say will be hard to top.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6450|The Twilight Zone

pj666 wrote:

Work mate of mine got converted by his brother mid 2006. Raved to me about it. I got it free with some Pizz deal (was going to buy it anyway), and played it irregularly for a year and always loved it. Haven't played much since mid September 2007, because I have professional job, wife, etc. But also because if I play I want to play it for several hours at a time to get my eye back in.

The whole battlefield experience gets me. Kits, vehicles, big battlefields, etc. The hacks and ijits don't really annoy me. I just change servers. But it is a game I am happy to say will be hard to top.
Buy 3 pizzas get BF2??
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6376|MN
Played Quake II for a while, moved to Half-life then TFC, waited and waited for TF2 to come out.  Bought Half-life 2, played half of it.  I realized I missed online gaming too much.  Bought BF2 because it was what my brother was playing.  We get together online every Friday and duke it out.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6508|Gold Coast
Played previous BF games. Waited, waited, bought BF2 and Black on PS2 (kickass game), and played BF2 on all low on 20FPS for 1 year. Then pwned BF and got pwnage PC, and played all high with 125FPS.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6534|Internetfitlerland

ig wrote:

bf2 changed my life.
I heard you were for sexy chats?  Confirm/Deny?

Got BF2 2 years ago, and:

ig wrote:

bf2 changed my life.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6519

~Smokey~ wrote:

ig wrote:

bf2 changed my life.
I heard you were for sexy chats?  Confirm/Deny?

Got BF2 2 years ago, and:

ig wrote:

bf2 changed my life.
<3 sexchat

ASL?

Last edited by ig (2008-02-11 07:54:07)

mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6834|A Small Isle in the Tropics

got it within weeks of its release, sucked at it then, sucked at it still.

met some interesting people in-game irl, and on this forums. that's the best part about the game, which is not about the game.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6145|San Antonio, Texas
It's been over half a year since I've had BF2. <3 They had it at the library, so I checked it out, played it, loved it. (>^.^)>

Shortly after, I joined BF2s, the BF2 community of the next generation (got that from a movie ).
cablecopulate
+449|6734|Massachusetts.

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

It's been over half a year since I've had BF2. <3 They had it at the library, so I checked it out, played it, loved it. (>^.^)>
You borrowed bf2 from the library?
']['error
Banned
+630|6641|The Netherlands
Played HALO: combat evolved, my first online game, allot. Then played COD1, but got bored of it after some time. A friend of mine was playing BF2 and said it was awesome. I downloaded the demo, liked it, bought the game. Now I'm a two star general
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6705|th3 unkn0wn
For me it wos a natural progression from Battlefield Vietnam to BF2. BFV rocked because of the humour (those death cries of the gooks always cracked me up) and the crazy things that could be done like carrying about a boat with a stolen US chopper before dropping it on the enemy's head...or creeping into that gook spawn chopper before it took off and knifing everybody in the back as they spawned, LMAO

I whored everything...chopperwhoring in such a way that I'd be able to dodge SA-7s and be called a hacker when it wos just technique that came with practice, tankwhoring (driving around with 70s music playing while I blasted the crap out of every living thing), nadelauncherwhoring (a Japanese bloke I once knew referred to it as "dropping the ball" rofl ), whoring that machinegun with a disc shaped cartridge cos I just loved the sound of it, etc, etc to the extent that I actually become World Number One, under the name of TottenhamHotspur, on the BFV stats site...till that cunt BushViper got some mate of his to nickjack me and knock me off the top so that it wouldn't look like he wos the culprit.

I wos both hated and respected (I remember some kid telling me how cool it wos to be on the same server as the world number one and I wos like "Yeah...", lol)...and then along came BF2 which everybody went crazy over. Loads of people (a.k.a. my Mi-6 rocket fodder) switched over to BF2 so I followed suit (no point playing on half empty servers, is there?).

BF2 wos fun in the beginning...till noobs started moaning and loads of things got nerfed with each and every patch that came out. That's when I decided to try other games and, at the same time, realise that there were more interesting games out there besides BF2.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6699
I first heavily played "Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising" and it's expansion "Escalation". I loved these, but got pissed off due to it's lack of realism and the instant prone spamming + crappy physics on the tanks (they could fly) + lack of teamwork.

My brother (=BC=Lozza) told me about a game called BF2 his clan had started playing and said I should buy it (I had a job he didn't).

So what did I do? I bought GTA:SA on PC instead. Then he forced me to play the demo. Wow, I still think it's a great game ruined by idiots lukilyI still play Prohect Reality as it's in my opinion what BF2 should have been.

But I'm a realism nut. Operation Flashpoint is still my favourite game ever.

Oh also: Anyone remember "Soldner: Secret Wars"? - It was an Eastern Europoean BF2 that was full of fail. I also played that as I didn;t know a good game such as BF2 exhisted.

Last edited by ShowMeTheMonkey (2008-02-11 08:34:51)

commissargizz
+123|6460| Heaven

pj666 wrote:

You have a professional wife? Is she a hooker ? ? ? ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard