N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5901|Somewhere out in Space

nukchebi0 wrote:

The Redwings are dominating the NHL. I like that.
Odd isnt it? They have been the top team in the west for about a decade, best in the NHL for more than half of that, yet only have 2 stanley cups in that time.

*cough* Chokers *cough*

In b4 Ottawa Senators.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-02-08 12:04:57)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
Go Devils!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6716|The United Center

G3|Genius wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

The whole division system tells teams to only be slightly better than every other team in their division to make the top 3, which means lame hockey.
In a way, yes, but overall, i disagree with you.

Case-in-point: Detroit.  The rest of their division blows.  So their stats are somewhat inflated.  The problem is, they're not forced to play at the top of their game every night, which is a disadvantage come playoff time.

I think that Someone from the Atlantic division is going to make it to the Stanley Cup this year, if not win it, simply because every night is a battle for them.

The top 4 teams are only separated by 5 points!  The top 3 teams are only separated by 1 point!  These guys are playing their asses off every night, and I think that that discipline will shine through in the playoffs.

I'm a die-hard Devils fan.  I love the Devils, I watch them every night they play.  Thursday-Sunday I work until midnight, but we have a 54" HDTV at work so I throw the game on and watch it there.  And my employees have even started to enjoy hockey more because it's always on.

Which is good, because there isn't nearly enough appreciation for the best Professional sport on earth.

ps--the devils better pick up a goal scorer, and soon.  At this point, I say we should get rid of Elias; he peaked.  He may do better elsewhere.

pps--Ovechkin scored a 15-year contract with Washington?!?  Did anyone else hear that?  Holy SHIT!!

ppps--My bet for the stanley cup is Anaheim vs Pittsburg, unless the Devils pick up a better scorer.  I love that Malkin kid, damn he's good.

edit:  oopsies misspelling
...you DO realize the Red Wings are 10-10 against their division, right?  I wouldn't exactly call that "padding their stats".  Plus, the Wild are good.  The Preds, Hawks, and Blues all have talent and can beat any team in the league.  It's not like they're playing against the Kings, Lightning, Leafs, and Sabres every night.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6608|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Damn did you guys saw what the sens did?

They got Stillman and Commodore from the hurricanes and they gave Corvo and Eaves

WAS! (What A Shit!), These guys will be better now, I guess other teams gotta take them really srsly for the playoffs.

I just hope fkin Gainey will do a big move to help the habs. Hossa would be great
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
Yesterday. Habs were loosing 5-0 against NY Rangers.... We tough we are dead... But they played some amazing hockey and won this game in shootout, was a crazy game, it's was also the 1st time in 100 years(history of the team) that habs was loosing 5 to nothing and came back to win it.

Was an amazing game, people were going crazy here.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

Andoura wrote:

Yesterday. Habs were loosing 5-0 against NY Rangers.... We tough we are dead... But they played some amazing hockey and won this game in shootout, was a crazy game, it's was also the 1st time in 100 years(history of the team) that habs was loosing 5 to nothing and came back to win it.

Was an amazing game, people were going crazy here.
Being an Islanders fan, I was going INSANE when Montreal scored that tying goal.

I'm sorry, but the Rangers truly, truly suck.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6755|Anaheim, CA

Go ducks!  Time for a repeat!

Lol I saw a stat on Saturday, Anaheim has the most fights in the NHL, I thought it was funny.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6159|Canada

awesome game with the Habs yesterday no doubt, I lost hope when it was 5-0. Never again will I underestimate my team.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6456|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
Just want to say that rumors are fkin hardcore here with getting Marian Hossa They are saying that Habs ordered all the equipments part for him and they will give Micheal Ryder and Mark Streit for him.

I fkin hope this trade will happen, I want the cup here
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Andoura wrote:

Just want to say that rumors are fkin hardcore here with getting Marian Hossa They are saying that Habs ordered all the equipments part for him and they will give Micheal Ryder and Mark Streit for him.

I fkin hope this trade will happen, I want the cup here
Yeah, and then Ottawa fans will raid the Habs arena and kill Hossa.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Blue Jackets are pissing me off.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

usmarine wrote:

Why lol?

We are playing againts them saterday
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
o lawd - Chris Simon is coming back to the Isles tonight.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiis should be interesting to watch.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Andoura wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Why lol?

They need to have a fire sale at the trade deadline.  They are not going to make the playoffs.  No coincidence our GM was the most busy at the meetings in Florida recently.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

usmarine wrote:

Andoura wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Why lol?

They need to have a fire sale at the trade deadline.  They are not going to make the playoffs.  No coincidence our GM was the most busy at the meetings in Florida recently.
Speaking of which, you know what they proposed right? 1 minute penalties in OT instead of 2 minute penalties. Also, getting rid of that ridiculous trapezoid behind the net.
siciliano732
+202|6619|New York
Anyone play NHL 08 for 360?!
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

usmarine wrote:

Andoura wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Why lol?

What are they saying? whats the rumors? what player the media are saying you will probably get?

What happen is that good player wont play in the Blue Jackets because they wont make the playoff, These players are usually looking for teams that can win the Stanley cup.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Andoura wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Why lol?

What are they saying? whats the rumors? what player the media are saying you will probably get?

What happen is that good player wont play in the Blue Jackets because they wont make the playoff, These players are usually looking for teams that can win the Stanley cup.
He's saying the Jackets will be sellers, not buyers.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6720|the middle of nowhere
Ovechkin is creeping up on 50 goals....If he gets just a few more, that will be a record or something, I can't remember but I heard it somewhere.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

Poseidon wrote:

Andoura wrote:

usmarine wrote:

k i c, But they can't ''sell'' their good players. I don't think the GM will let go Nash !
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Andoura wrote:

k i c, But they can't ''sell'' their good players. I don't think the GM will let go Nash !
Federov, Foote, vyborny for some draft picks or a bag of pucks.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

usmarine wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Is Federov playing well this year?  He was great when he was with the red wings, but when  he got trade he started to score less and all....
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Andoura wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Erm.

Buyers = Good teams or teams fighting for the playoffs, trade prospects and draft picks for players most of the time in their last year in their contract.

Sellers = Sell players on last year of contract for draft picks so they can rebuild for next season.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Andoura wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Is Federov playing well this year?  He was great when he was with the red wings, but when  he got trade he started to score less and all....
I hear Ottawa is interested in Federov.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard