d307
+9|5936|Dallas, Texas
Watching Stars @ Wild right now, scoreless even though Dallas has had like 6 power plays and hasn't done crap with any of them!

Anyone catch the Ducks game? That was well worth watching.

Oh yeah... Im a Stars fan, yeah yeah --- Im a Homer! ---

d3
SealXo
+309|6506
ducks just RAPZ0rrD rangrz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

Drakef wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Drakef wrote:

I'm a Rangers fan myself. Nothing was sweeter than watching the Blueshirts beat the Canucks in the Stanley Cup Final.

I used to know every statistic about the National Hockey League, every player, their position, their points, their trades, every prospect, the history and all. I was a hockey fanatic as a kid. But then I kind of grew up and had things to do. I still can name every Stanley Cup winner off the top of my head, though (good for parties).
lawl Rangers....1 cup in 70+ years

I'm an Islanders fan myself...they've sucked the past few years (well, not sucked...but haven't done good), but this year I think they're gonna finally rebuild, get a good draft pick and pick up some decent FAs. Unlike the Rangers, we'll pick up the FAs who have chemistry with each other.
Yeah, I know. The Rangers haven't done well in the last 67 years (the previous Cup before 1994 was 1940), but at least we're not like the Blackhawks (47 years) or Maple Leafs (41 years) since our last Cup.

I used to be a huge Rangers fan, and could quote statistics and the line structure during the mid to late '90s, but after I realized that after Gretzky, Messier, Richter, Leetch, and Graves had left, the entire lineup had changed  dramatically. I believe it was 2003. Not a single player remained from three years prior, and it was difficult to cheer for a team that was a different team every year.
Leetch was the only Ranger I ever liked.

And yeah, the Hawks and Leafs are pretty abysmal.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6721|the middle of nowhere

ThomasMorgan wrote:

If Ovechkin doesn't get the Hart trophy this year, something is seriously wrong with the NHL.

Also, I'm fine with one team from each division making the playoffs...but they shouldn't earn the top three seeds.  That's just dumb.
GO CAPITALS FOR PLAYOFFS AND STANLEY CUP WOOT.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Darkhelmet wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

If Ovechkin doesn't get the Hart trophy this year, something is seriously wrong with the NHL.

Also, I'm fine with one team from each division making the playoffs...but they shouldn't earn the top three seeds.  That's just dumb.
GO CAPITALS FOR PLAYOFFS AND STANLEY CUP WOOT.
If the Capitals can take 8th place from the Rangers, I'll turn into a somewhat Caps fan.

I predict: Ottawa, Carolina, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, Caps, Montreal as the 8 Eastern playoff teams.
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6233
Sabres fan (ashamed this year @ the management). How the Fuck do you go from best team in the LEAGUE to like the worst? You see, Buffalo lucks out because Toronto is in the division and conference.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6478

iPwnerrrr wrote:

Sabres fan (ashamed this year @ the management). How the Fuck do you go from best team in the LEAGUE to like the worst? You see, Buffalo lucks out because Toronto is in the division and conference.
who, in the last three games, just beat the 2 top teams in the eastern conference and in your division, but lost 8-0 to the 12th place team. thats a consistant team if i've ever seen one.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
The Redwings are dominating the NHL. I like that.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6448|Communist Republic of CA, USA
https://www.gunnhockey.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/sharks_newlogo.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

iPwnerrrr wrote:

Man, Buffalo is SURGING right now. 3 points behind 7th place, and the 7th place Rangers have 4 games in hand.

Buffalo, Washington or Atlanta will make it ahead of the Rangers...question is, which one?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

CBJ fan.  They have not done much in 5 years.  I still have hope I guess.  But it is my team and I hope they get better.

psH
Banned
+217|6353|Sydney
silly americans and your hokeys

go play some cricket
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Ashlite wrote:

It is the Canadian national sport nubcakes.
psH
Banned
+217|6353|Sydney

usmarine wrote:

Ashlite wrote:

It is the Canadian national sport nubcakes.
and milk comes in bags in canada.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Ashlite wrote:

and milk comes in bags in canada.
jafa
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Ashlite wrote:

go play some cricket
Since you mentioned it.

Hockey:

Cricket:

Hockey - 1  Cricket -  0

Last edited by usmarine (2008-02-08 01:36:41)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

usmarine wrote:

Ashlite wrote:

go play some cricket
Since you mentioned it.

Hockey:

Cricket:

Hockey - 1  Cricket -  0

pwnt
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

I'm kinda in between Canadiens and Flames. Why, you ask?

Because my hometown has sent some extraordinary players over to these teams, Koivu and Kiprusoff.

Sidenote: Remember my "Pimp My Asstra"-thread with my old car? Its previous owner was Kippers older brother. lol.
I need around tree fiddy.
psH
Banned
+217|6353|Sydney
https://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/humour/images/49hockey.jpg
https://www.thegoogly.com/images/2007/10/02/sreehaddin.jpg
TravisC555
+118|6189|Cox Convention Center, OK
When I was little I went to the St. Louis Blues games, it was much fun, and I am a huge hockey fan too.  Right now I go to the local hockey team games, which is in the CHL.  I just like to watch all of the teams play in the NHL, don't really have a favorite.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Fuck we lost 4-2 yesterday over the leafs!!!! Sens won and we are now 3 points from Ottawa and 1st place in east... FFUUCCKKK!!!!!
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6596|Sea to globally-cooled sea

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

The whole division system tells teams to only be slightly better than every other team in their division to make the top 3, which means lame hockey.
In a way, yes, but overall, i disagree with you.

Case-in-point: Detroit.  The rest of their division blows.  So their stats are somewhat inflated.  The problem is, they're not forced to play at the top of their game every night, which is a disadvantage come playoff time.

I think that Someone from the Atlantic division is going to make it to the Stanley Cup this year, if not win it, simply because every night is a battle for them.

The top 4 teams are only separated by 5 points!  The top 3 teams are only separated by 1 point!  These guys are playing their asses off every night, and I think that that discipline will shine through in the playoffs.

I'm a die-hard Devils fan.  I love the Devils, I watch them every night they play.  Thursday-Sunday I work until midnight, but we have a 54" HDTV at work so I throw the game on and watch it there.  And my employees have even started to enjoy hockey more because it's always on.

Which is good, because there isn't nearly enough appreciation for the best Professional sport on earth.

ps--the devils better pick up a goal scorer, and soon.  At this point, I say we should get rid of Elias; he peaked.  He may do better elsewhere.

pps--Ovechkin scored a 15-year contract with Washington?!?  Did anyone else hear that?  Holy SHIT!!

ppps--My bet for the stanley cup is Anaheim vs Pittsburg, unless the Devils pick up a better scorer.  I love that Malkin kid, damn he's good.

edit:  oopsies misspelling

Last edited by G3|Genius (2008-02-08 08:43:54)

G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6596|Sea to globally-cooled sea
https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/logos/nhl/new_jersey_devils_1993.gif
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada

G3|Genius wrote:

pps--Ovechkin scored a 15-year contract with Washington?!?  Did anyone else hear that?  Holy SHIT!!
It's a 13 years contract, for 124M$ (about 9M$ per year)!!!!  It's a good and a bad move in the same time. He will be the captain of this team soon. But they may never win the Stanley cup in 13 years. But at the same time, some very good players will now sign with washington since Ovechkin is there. So who knows, mbay Washington will be a fkin good team in the next years.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard