Poll

P90 or MG36

P90 (Anti-Tank sub-machine gun)16%16% - 4
MG36 (Support machine gun)83%83% - 20
Total: 24
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6665|Los Angeles, CA
I've been debating on whether I should unlock the P90, or the MG36. I play Anti-Tank sometimes, so I was leaning towards the P90, but after all of the things I've read about it, all it is (supposedly) is an MP5 with a laser dot. I've also read about the MG36, and word on the streets is that it's the most accurate support gun, and would supposedly rip any squad to shreds if put into the right hands.

So, I'm here, asking you...which would you pick?
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6763
P90 suck!!! You have much higher chance to survive with DAO-12. Go for the MG36. Yes it is accurate, but PKM is still better. About rip the whole squads with MG36 hmmm, dont know...
Zefar
+116|6660|Sweden
You already got PKM which is more powerfull and more deadlier than the new MG36 imo. So go with P90 to be able to kill enemies from somewhat distance plus my brother is able to take down 3 people with it full auto without big problems.

I'd go with P90.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797
From lots of experience with the MG36 I would recommend it, as the P90 offers very little in the way of competition.  It is short range and packs very little punch, and can be unwieldy sometimes.  The MG36 in comparison takes a long time to overheat, has a good size clip and is deadly accurate.  You can lay down so much fire that anyone is toast.  Its even effective for taking down snipers at long range (thanks to the 1.2 patch).

Preference for me?  MG36 as its a much better all round upgrade.
Adonlude
+2|6790
The PKM is now the best weapon in the game, never use any other support weapon unless you need the novelty.
Camp Freddie
+0|6725
The MG36 has the best accuracy for bursts of less than 10 shots, but lacks the PKM's power.
The PKM is a bit more accurate than the other SMGs, but lacks the fire rate of the other SMGs.

Tough choice!
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6665|Los Angeles, CA
Ok, on a 1-9 vote, it definitely looks like I'll be getting the MG36. Although the PKM may be powerful, I'm all for accuracy. I think I'll rough the anti-rank class out and use the DAO-12...if I need an SMG there is always the stock gun.
Rutnab
+15|6657

DeathsTouch wrote:

if I need an SMG there is always the stock gun.
you shouldn't ever need an SMG...
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6665|Los Angeles, CA

Rutnab wrote:

DeathsTouch wrote:

if I need an SMG there is always the stock gun.
you shouldn't ever need an SMG...
The DAO is a bitch for longer ranged targets.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6716|Antarctica
The MG36 TOTALY rox now.  I can walk up to 6 ppl and mow them all down before they have a chance to fire more than a few rounds back at me.
uk.solidsnake
+3|6719|England, UK

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

The MG36 TOTALY rox now.  I can walk up to 6 ppl and mow them all down before they have a chance to fire more than a few rounds back at me.
Seeing this statement made me think how interesting it is the GL and Aircraft were nerfed because they had the ability to mow down multiple people before they even had a chance to fire back, and yet the support weapons have been given just that ability.

I guess it's just a matter of time before these weapons are nerfed, and Battlefield becomes a turn based stratagy because of all the morons.

On a lighter note, yes, get the PKM/MG36, the P90 is worse than the MP5 and as has been mentioned multiple times, the support weapons are now ludicrously powerful.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6727|Riva, MD
No, it's actually an MP5 with laser dot scope AND a 50-round clip.
Havazn
+39|6704|van.ca

uk.solidsnake wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Seeing this statement made me think how interesting it is the GL and Aircraft were nerfed because they had the ability to mow down multiple people before they even had a chance to fire back, and yet the support weapons have been given just that ability.

I guess it's just a matter of time before these weapons are nerfed, and Battlefield becomes a turn based stratagy because of all the morons.

On a lighter note, yes, get the PKM/MG36, the P90 is worse than the MP5 and as has been mentioned multiple times, the support weapons are now ludicrously powerful.
The difference here is that in an Aircraft, the weapons available to take it down werent there. The AA missles just were not coded well enough. If a plane raped the enemy plane before it could take off over and over. There was literally almost no chance to stop them.

With the new PKM/MG36, you still need a capabale hand holding them, because the ability to be killed is still there. There still is Armor/Helicopters/Planes. I have been able to kill support guys while being assualt/specops/and even support.

I am all for the new MG36. Its so much closer to a real machine gun in that it has total stopping power. 2 of guys proned with MG36s can keep a street clear. Thats how it should be.
Esker
+1|6737

Havazn wrote:

I am all for the new MG36. Its so much closer to a real machine gun in that it has total stopping power. 2 of guys proned with MG36s can keep a street clear. Thats how it should be.
That's how it should be?

Rofl... The support guns were fun before because they WASN'T accurate, you needed skill to use them and now any fucking idiot can run around like Rambo and own with ease...

Nice one =/
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6763

uk.solidsnake wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Idk about that... My most played kit is support, so it was underpowered before 1.2 . Almost noone were using it. I used to be a support because it was a "hard" class. It was stupid that machinegun cant hit sh!t. Now I like LMGs, I like the infantry changes, even tho I have difficulties with game physics now. (cant go prone faster, cant cross the street fast etc.)
About the planes, hmmm I dont fly (run my BF2 on low video, so what kind of flying is that) but I've never worried or complained about the planes before. Some people suck in flying, some people suck in ground fights, so what? Let them do what they like to do. Thats why we had infantry maps and vehicle maps. If I'm going to play on Oman I know that I will be possibly raped by the jets and choppers. I agree AA were weak, sometimes I had luck to shot down a chopper from a point blank ditance. I dont know why are you people saying that EA has ruined the game... It is more interesting now, on the ground(at least you have to think before run into the heavy machinegun fire or hopping infront of the tank.) and in the air (damn think before go and rape this poor US carrier, which guns will owerheat twice before it will take out at least half of your plane's hitpoints, with your J10). Not only pilots die fast now, on the ground you die much faster too (snipers, mines, and such). So, stop complaining and get over it, or quit playing. Like I said before there will always be a complaints about something, until EA ban everyone.

Btw... support guns should be powerful, its not a damn BB gun to scare dogs or water pistol.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6763

Havazn wrote:

Amen

Esker wrote:

That's how it should be?

Rofl... The support guns were fun before because they WASN'T accurate, you needed skill to use them and now any fucking idiot can run around like Rambo and own with ease...

Nice one =/
Huh? you are still able to kill "noobish support Rambo" with your eyes closed. Only skilled LMGs users pose a real threat. Btw... LMGs looks powerful not because of the accuracy but because you cant avoid the machinegun fire fast anymore. You cant hop around the corner, like I used to do, you cant go prone fast.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6751|Vermont
You don't seem to play any class but medic (that's not a flame, I'm a med too) so I'd say it doesn't matter.  You do play AT more than support though so I'd go with the P90.  Maybe it isn't better than the DAO, but at least it is very different.  I have the MG36 but find that when I play support, I would rather use the PKM.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard