~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6558|Internetfitlerland

Snake wrote:

Common sense in this game is a big fucking loss on most people.
This, is the truth.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6242|Finland

3lmo wrote:

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

About redlining, i would ask them to bail out first, then use force to get him out of it
That's how I do it too, I first say them several time to go out, sometimes people ak 'Why? So I can go solo' and than they hop out. Usualy, they don't and they'll get an extra death.
Well just because you want to solo or because he sucks at gunning?
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6391|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

liquidat0r wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

wait a minute, are you saying seat switching is easier then having a gunner?
It is, unless you have a decent gunner. But how will you know if you're gonna have a decent gunner if you don't let them in?

/me notices a paradox.
Seat-switching is one of those things people will support and people won't. I've been on many servers were I have soloed in a chopper often because it is sitting there on the carrier, I spawn in and as I can solo I use it. I'm then told I should have a gunner. My reply is 'there wasn't one there, I can solo, so why are your threatening me'. It's not breaking any rules.

I find it really annoying when admins have a go at you because a) your doing something they can't do b) your owning them c) your not specifically owning them but you've got a good score so they don't like it or d) they are just generally being difficult for no reason. Usually its a mix of all of them.

Soloing is just as effective as dual, and as there aren't huge numbers of good pilot/gunner combos out there, good gunners solo as a way of playing when they don't have a pilot. I agree that a good gunner/pilot team are better, but as many have pointed out, even the high ranking players can't gun in choppers, let alone newer players. I learnt how to solo on singleplayer after watching people do it online. You don't need to do it online to get good at it, although rolling choppers are hard, but u practice soloing.

I think another benefit of a good solo'er is you free up a member of your team to help on the ground/in another chopper/jet and thus have more players in different places.

I think the problem is, it's not a lack of gunners, it's a lack of GOOD pilots that causes people to solo.

EDIT: Just to add as I've seen the above posts, I never redline, either I think, this guy has an OK score, maybe hes good, invite into my squad and then ask him if he can gun, if he says NO I tell him to bail and I put him down somewhere. Or I try once, if they are rubbish and don't bail, I bail out myself and go do something else.

Last edited by nighthawk843 (2008-02-06 05:18:59)

3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6323|The | Netherlands

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

3lmo wrote:

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

About redlining, i would ask them to bail out first, then use force to get him out of it
That's how I do it too, I first say them several time to go out, sometimes people ak 'Why? So I can go solo' and than they hop out. Usualy, they don't and they'll get an extra death.
Well just because you want to solo or because he sucks at gunning?
Because he sucks. I prefer having a pilot over seatswitching tho.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6483|A W S M F O X
Ill solo if its appropriate (small population) or if i cant find a good gunner/pilot. If a fucking nub jumps in ill either M95 or redline. The fact of the matter is, if you want to fly LEARN IN SINGLEPLAYER. Anyone who says TKing them out prevents them from learning should throw the computer out the window and become An Hero. I learnt to fly choppers in BF:V and then played singleplayer till i was good. No excuse for being shit, its simple. Dont try and fly/gun in choppers/jets if all your going to do is hinder your team with your spazz skillz.
Drexel
+43|6496|Philadelphia

Toilet Sex wrote:

I get kicked for it too and quite a lot at that. It's surprising that people don't realise that EA could have easily stopped it if they wanted to with 1.3, 1.4 or 1.41. Did they? No.
That's like saying "EA could have easily stopped bunnyhopping if they wanted to with 1.3, 1.4, or 1.41"  They did try to fix this and the chopper switching, they just really suck at fixing the game.

---They patched it that without a pilot, the chopper would drop quickly to the ground after a few seconds.  They didn't do it right away because a pilot getting shot out = crash before the gunner knew what happened.  This didn't fix the seatswitching at all.

---On the bunnyhop, they made it eat up almost twice the sprint bar that it used to, so not to penalize the person who sprints away and jumps behind cover.  But in the same patch, they created IO which gave twice the sprint to everyone, in effect doing absolutely nothing to the hoppers.

This can be said about just about every big topic that plagued the game over it's history.
']['error
Banned
+630|6664|The Netherlands

chittydog wrote:

3lmo wrote:

It's just pathetic, it's in the game, don't forbid it. If you don't want to get killed, don't play this game.
Longbow
+163|6667|Odessa, Ukraine

legionair wrote:

then I would hunt you down and teabag you all the time! I hate people doing this.
I hate people missing with tv missile (or even not knowing where it is - after almost 3 years!) more. Long live redline.
ScoutStrike
+37|6274

Drexel wrote:

---On the bunnyhop, they made it eat up almost twice the sprint bar that it used to, so not to penalize the person who sprints away and jumps behind cover.  But in the same patch, they created IO which gave twice the sprint to everyone, in effect doing absolutely nothing to the hoppers.
ObjectTemplate.SprintLossAtJump 0.15   (light soldier)
ObjectTemplate.SprintLossAtJump 0.20   (heavy soldier)

Sprint actually consumes a percentage, not an absolute amount. So 5-7 jumps deplete your stamina, either in IO or regular.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6592

Drexel wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

I get kicked for it too and quite a lot at that. It's surprising that people don't realise that EA could have easily stopped it if they wanted to with 1.3, 1.4 or 1.41. Did they? No.
That's like saying "EA could have easily stopped bunnyhopping if they wanted to with 1.3, 1.4, or 1.41"  They did try to fix this and the chopper switching, they just really suck at fixing the game.

---They patched it that without a pilot, the chopper would drop quickly to the ground after a few seconds.  They didn't do it right away because a pilot getting shot out = crash before the gunner knew what happened.  This didn't fix the seatswitching at all.
From what I remember, it was so Blackhawks didn't continue flying into space, not to stop seatswitching.
Adamshannon8
+94|6205

chittydog wrote:

3lmo wrote:

It's just pathetic, it's in the game, don't forbid it. If you don't want to get killed, don't play this game.
jsnipy
+3,276|6543|...

I see no issue if you cannot get a gunner. If gunners are available and they suck, well that the luck of the draw (just like ending on the sucky side), don't deny someone from gunning, perhaps get out of the helo and fight some other way.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6763|Reality

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

san4 wrote:

When the pilot switches seats in the chopper it breaks the mobile AA missile lock. That's totally unfair.

No one ever thinks about how the mobile AA driver feels about things.
That was patched out a long time ago, noob. In the good old days you could just switch right above mobile AA and let the chopper carry you out of range. Good times...
Lock still breaks if you stay out of the pilot seat long enough. You can re-enter the pilot's seat below tree level and fly away. Seen it down many times recently.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Skorpy-chan
+127|6365|Twyford, UK

san4 wrote:

When the pilot switches seats in the chopper it breaks the mobile AA missile lock. That's totally unfair.

Oh, you've lost your lock? Keep the damn guns trained on them, then.

And all you people saying 'go practice at single player!11!!' are morons. I tried that the other day, then went online and tried to gun there. Single player is useless, I kept dying and had to bail out because I couldn't hit shit while dealing with the lag and unpredictable movement.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6347|Australia
Soloing is okay, as long as there isn't soemone there who wants to gun. If you TK someone to solo, even if you think they're a "shit" gunner then you're just an idiot.
Generally the people who TK for vehicles because they think they are better with them are the same ones that wonder why IO is such a popular mode.
DankmanHightimes
+24|6520|atlanta GA
if your to slow to get in the first time then your shit out of luck.
TheWyrm
+1|5971|Canada
To be Honest, i see SeatSwitching as a cheat, you can't do it in the real thing and this is supposed to be a sim-game, Just shows that a lot of people are more concerned with the numbers then the actual fun and teamwork you get from it. Besides that, anyone you brag to about your in game stats or kills just looks at you like your a geek.
Keep the seatswitching for the Padding and Hack Server's, Let a good Pilot and A good gunner Do some damage and have some fun.
If they wanted you to do both, they would have only put in one seat.
Plus How are you supposed to get good when no-one lets you in?
Since day one I have never cheated or Padded or seat switched, Takes the life right out of the game. I gladly take gunning advice from a good pilot, But the Loser's that get all pouty cuz you miss a missile shot, They can go play with the little ones on the Mod Servers, Let the ADULTS play the real game.

Last edited by TheWyrm (2008-02-06 10:54:21)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6401|the land of bourbon
i've noticed a trend in the heli KDR's of the people who are in favor of switching and those against.  interesting...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Longbow
+163|6667|Odessa, Ukraine

steelie34 wrote:

i've noticed a trend in the heli KDR's of the people who are in favor of switching and those against.  interesting...
Now compare their helo experience (time). Interesting aswell...Some of them don't even have gold helo badge - after 3 years.
HSG
+23|6494|British Columbia, Canada

MysteryJake wrote:

HSG wrote:

Phatmatt wrote:

Seat switching in a chopper is the same as seat switching in a jeep to man the machine gun.
So it should be allowed.

Either way I'm good at both.
In real life in a jeep you can easily get on the gun but in a chopper it is alot harder.
And in real life a chopper would blast your ass from miles away, and jets would bomb the shit out of you from the stratosphere. This isn't real life, get over it.
No duh? thats why makin rules makes it feel more realistic even tho its far from real moron.
Laika
+75|5964
Anybody whining about soloing has obviously never experienced the sheer frustration of having to share a chopper with an incompetent moron.

And Im pretty sure that in real life, a pilot can take control of the weapons systems from his own seat.
MysteryJake
+12|6228|California

Skorpy-chan wrote:

san4 wrote:

Oh, you've lost your lock? Keep the damn guns trained on them, then.

And all you people saying 'go practice at single player!11!!' are morons. I tried that the other day, then went online and tried to gun there. Single player is useless, I kept dying and had to bail out because I couldn't hit shit while dealing with the lag and unpredictable movement.
Then go practice in a chopper only server...
Chullster
I'm dead? I'm shit, I'm leaving.
+28|6445|My gaff

steelie34 wrote:

'cept me?

I don't like seat-hopping, on my team or the other. Maybe for different reasons than most. It just takes too long to go up, find, ambush and kill a seat-hopper in the MD, maybe a few mins? I could be having a riot on a flag and get 10-20 kills in that time
TheWyrm
+1|5971|Canada

Ataronchronon wrote:

Anybody whining about soloing has obviously never experienced the sheer frustration of having to share a chopper with an incompetent moron.

And I'm pretty sure that in real life, a pilot can take control of the weapons systems from his own seat.
Sorry Man, the Pilot has his hands full just keeping the chopper in the air, I Think the US Military would have built it with one seat if the pilot could run the whole show. the 'Copter has 2 seats, the Pilot can not control any of the weapons systems,  From his seat, he has to land the copter, get out and get in the front, With no Pilot, the choppers pretty useless sitting on the ground. The Military is running into Problems on the Jets because the pilot's workload is so high, that they are engineering Computer systems to take most of the load off the pilot.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6347|Australia

Longbow wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Now compare their helo experience (time). Interesting aswell...Some of them don't even have gold helo badge - after 3 years.
And some people haven't made General rank yet, even after 3 years......

*cough*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard