Shivan
+1|6621

Sniper wrote:

oh crap
stupid connectin got my post messed up
anyway

you guys really underestimate the 1.12 support class
it was already balanced
it was my most hated class, but I still had one of my highest k/d ratios with it and i hated the pkm
with that power, that many rounds, and armor.. its easy to kill alot of ppl b4 you die
the other kits, you kill 1-2, or maybe 3 guys and you have to reload (and get killed) or dont reload (and get killed)
i'm with you on this one sniper
i loved the MG36 in the previous patch, it was already good enough, could kill most guys in close range/med range easily with snipers being the only real problem
as far as i'm concerned the support class is just that, support, its not meant to mow an entire squad, its meant to suppress them so that your squad can move in

right now the new pkm is nuts, powerful and deadly accurate, while i agree the support classes did deserve a slight boost, this is a bit too much =/
Operator_Stavros
+3|6707
I completely disagree with the godliness of the MGs that yu guys make them out to be.

Yes the MGs I noticed were alot more accurate than before, but they aren't instantly raping guys, they are doing what they need to be doing.  At 25-50 yards you will be making kills now, unlike before it was worthless and youd be better off switching to pistol.

Don't expect people to be all switching to support now to exploit these uber guns, because they wont, the guns aren't uber.  9 times out of 10 I bet you will be out shot by someone with an assualt rifle at medium ranges when you are using an MG

I mean all the classes were made "better" in some ways:

Support gets a Useable MG
Sniper has more acuurate rifles and indestructible claymores. 
Engineers have indestructible AT mines
Medic has the Defibrilator reload bug fixed and a much more accute L85
Assault Has an Accurate G3 and "fixed" GL
Specops dont get to fling C4 anymore
AT gets 3 unlocks to match the rest.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6691

Shadowblade wrote:

if everyone can do it then its not really an exploit
Erh.. yes it is. It isn't something the game designers intended be done and not all players know how to do it. Therefore it's an exploit. Like the old bf1942 bug where you could get people *inside* solid objects and they could then shoot out of them but not be seen or injured.
[BFL]Delta
+0|6618
Shadowblade wrote:

that has to be the dumbest comment ive seen in a long time.

but back on topic.

i know exactly wot the OP is talkin about.  there seems to be a way whereasa support guy can be standing and spraying (pre & post new patch) with every single round hittin exactly where he wants.

anyone who knows what they are talkin about and has used the suppport class weapons, will know that this type of accuracy is impossible on full auto when standing or even crouchin for that matter.

i wish people would read & UNDERSTAND wot people are on about when they reply to these questions.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Rutnab wrote:

this is the scenario: us base on karkand, team mate is standing and firing toward a building. Every shot hit the same spot on the building (it wasnt terribley far away -- the first one with the half-fence on one side. He didnt burst or try to squeeze one round off he just sprayed until the gun stopped firing. I don't really know why you're asking such questions...

When I stand and spray with any support weapon I definitely dont get anywhere close to 100% accuracy...
Just want to point out I think only every third/fourth bullet is a tracer... Observation from 40 hours as support kit...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Orgtheone
+30|6633|The Dark Side Of The Moon
hey i rocked with PKM before the patch was out its a damn good gun when you know to use it and it is quite accurate as long as you fire off single rounds or a slight burst

i've not tryed since the update but i am in a min lol

Last edited by Orgtheone (2006-02-15 03:33:47)

SlyFox
+4|6631|Australia, Adelaide
Support kit 1.12 (before 1.2) - it was all about ambush, positioning. You couldnt have a face off against assault rifles, thats fine. Lay low covering a high traffic area- spray & prey, then relocate.
Rutnab
+15|6617

[BFL]Delta wrote:

Shadowblade wrote:

that has to be the dumbest comment ive seen in a long time.

but back on topic.

i know exactly wot the OP is talkin about.  there seems to be a way whereasa support guy can be standing and spraying (pre & post new patch) with every single round hittin exactly where he wants.

anyone who knows what they are talkin about and has used the suppport class weapons, will know that this type of accuracy is impossible on full auto when standing or even crouchin for that matter.

i wish people would read & UNDERSTAND wot people are on about when they reply to these questions.
well at least one person read the original post
LT-LEMON
+0|6657
not m36 but i saw a pkm doin 100%acuracy so i used and yer it was acurate
maef
+67|6654|Tulln, Austria
there has already been a post on something like this before (might also have been on totalbf2.com).

it can be explained quite easily: as we all know the guns spray their bullest in full auto. but this bullet spray is NOT transmitted between server and client! imagine the traffic that would be needed to transmit the exact way of every single bullet shot in the game. that would be insane. so all the bullets just appear to hit exactly the spot that the player was aiming for and the spray is only calculated on the server.

that's all that's it. that's why he seemed to be perfectly accurate.
Camp Freddie
+0|6685
The MG36 should start very accurate but becomes the least accurate gun in the game in very long bursts.

The new deviation calculation starts at 0.1 and increases by 0.1 per shot, to a maximum of 10 (the highest max. deviation of any weapon in the game).
You've also got to deal with the recoil, which is quite low but still significant on the MGs.
Deviation is increased by 300% for being in the standing position.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6726|The Netherlands
I was testing out the L96 on karkand (the hill of the snipers) a guy with a PKM lay on the road (the one that crosses hotel on the front) and that guy killed me with ease. I was like WTF how can a spraygun kill me Im like 30 meters away from him
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6748
You n00bs asked for it and you got it.  How i wish this patch never came out!! 

I was a medic and a friend was support.  He mowed down 7 people with one pull of the trigger while standing.  I fell out of my chair i was laughing so hard.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6665|Howell, Mi USA

Flecco wrote:

So? They made the support kit balanced? It was so bloody hard to get kills with it before...

PKM is overpowered though...
Well it was impossable to get kills at any distance anyway, close up it was fine. but even in burst fire u couldn't hit anything with it.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-15 07:29:15)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722
Now PKM p0wnS. No other words. I like the patch, used to be a support before, with decent LMG ratio, and it was kinda hard to hit at the medium range, looked like buttets just wont hit the target. But now... better dont run infront of machinegun. I'm glad that support guys finally got the power Alot of people think that LMGs are owerpowered, but I'd say they changed accuracy just a little bit, people get hit by LMG because of the different game physics. Before I could cross the area load of bullets really quickly, because I run 3-4 steps, jump, run 3-4 steps, jump... so it was kinda hard to hit when you r moving like that. Now you cant jump, so you run right into the well placed burst of PKM bullets and die. So its not about LMGs , its all about game physics.

PKM > MG36 now. Even tho MG36 is more accurate, damage decide .

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-02-15 08:38:20)

sparklet
Banned
+34|6718|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

Kkookie wrote:

and the mg36 doesn't overheat. it can fire till it's empty
...or was that changed in the patch?
a MG36 can fire 88 round befor over heating pretty cool
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722
In the topic btw... You can place only 3-4 bullets into the target, standing, zoomed. After 3-4 bullets fired LMG becomes extremely innacurate. So all I can say about 100% accuracy -burst mode, or hmmm teh-aimbots?. I can say that, because I've tested all MGs, and they're still more innacurate than AK47, + I dont really suck in using MGs, but I never get 100% hits at the target. Especially in standing position.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-02-15 08:52:31)

Adonlude
+2|6750
The PKM is now the best gun in the game. If you used to play assault then now you will play support becuase of the PKM, the resupply points, and the unlimmitted grenades which are better than the GL.
Rutnab
+15|6617

maef wrote:

there has already been a post on something like this before (might also have been on totalbf2.com).

it can be explained quite easily: as we all know the guns spray their bullest in full auto. but this bullet spray is NOT transmitted between server and client! imagine the traffic that would be needed to transmit the exact way of every single bullet shot in the game. that would be insane. so all the bullets just appear to hit exactly the spot that the player was aiming for and the spray is only calculated on the server.

that's all that's it. that's why he seemed to be perfectly accurate.
This has been confirmed, sadly. I tested it today and took video recordings. The first is the SAW alone from another client on a server. The second is me firing while a second gun fires behind me (another client) and you can obviously see that mine show the proper deviation while his do not.

So in conclusion, there is no exploit and it is merely a flaw of server/client mechanics.

Video Footage:
http://media.putfile.com/SAW-Accuracy
http://media.putfile.com/Comparison-Fire

Keep in mind the bullets you see client side aren't the ones that go into the damage calculation server side; basically even though it seems his SAW is hitting 100% accurately it's really firing normally (unless he's got some form of cheat, and lets thank EA for making it really hard to detect because of this game flaw).
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
What the hell was he firing at?  Those things take forever to overheat.
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6748|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
How is it that people are so easily led astray in the commentary and in defense of the improved LMG. The original point was that the support gun now sports almost as much accuracy while standing as it does while prone!

This problem occurs with most of the support guns (I've watched it with the RPK, PKM, MG36, and the Chinese one).

Full LMG accuracy while standing just isn't right, and is a problem to game balance.
S2|Dark Lord
+0|6616
ive gotta admit that the PKM is way over powered now.

yesterday i took down two MEC attack heli's. they just had white smoke comeing out at first, but before they could get away i was able to completly destroy them with just my PKM.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722

S2|Dark Lord wrote:

ive gotta admit that the PKM is way over powered now.

yesterday i took down two MEC attack heli's. they just had white smoke comeing out at first, but before they could get away i was able to completly destroy them with just my PKM.
PKM damage wasnt changed. Its because helos have reduced hit points.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616

Gilgalad wrote:

How is it that people are so easily led astray in the commentary and in defense of the improved LMG. The original point was that the support gun now sports almost as much accuracy while standing as it does while prone!

This problem occurs with most of the support guns (I've watched it with the RPK, PKM, MG36, and the Chinese one).

Full LMG accuracy while standing just isn't right, and is a problem to game balance.
Wrong.

The whole point of this thread and those videos (which most of you apparently missed) was to show that when you fire a support gun, you can see the normal deviation of the bullets, but the person watching you fire just sees those bullets going to the same spot, making it appear 100% accurate. The fact that the person in the video firing the saw is standing has nothing to do with this at all.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-02-15 11:34:21)

Orgtheone
+30|6633|The Dark Side Of The Moon
its all to do with latency i'd explain but i can't be arsed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard