stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6754|California

the essex missiles come at you like a bat out of hell, hitting me at times at a 90 angle thats:

plane--->
  ^
  |
  |
missile
InnerMonkey
+62|6753
It's obvious that many of you will never agree. 

I'm still seeing 10:1 K/D for pilots in 1.2 servers.  It doesn't look to me like they're having to hard of a time.  I tried myself (very new to piloting), and I could even survive for a bit.  It reminded me A LOT of singleplayer as far as avoiding missles is concerned.  Stay high as much as possible, quick attacks, pound the AA points.  I didn't manage but a single dogfight, which I lost, but I was able to avoid lock-on for a bit.  I had to make my evasions a little more aggressive/erratic, but I bet with practice, it'll feel almost as easy as 1.12 days for the more seasoned pilot.  I only managed to get an attack chopper once, and died pretty quick.  I can't fly the heli too well, so I'm not surprised really.  I wanted to try again, but as always, there is a healthy supply of folks sitting at the chopper/jet spawnpoints, waiting to die and tk'ing each other.  The attractive target this presents is exactly why I stayed away from flying until recently.  I just didn't like that sort of attitude.  That's the attitude of camping out and tk'ing for a vehicle, not of the folks that blast them to oblivion.  If they sit there in a pile, I'm not very sympathetic.

Regarding that video, I'll agree with Shadowblade and go on to say that if that's what you call being evasive, then you need a bit more of a challenge anyway.  Even at 2-5 deaths a round, that's a score that only the pilot, or on occassion, a sniper see.  Hell, I can't imagine that being fun for me personally.  Novel at first, but I think it would require removing myself from the action of the game too much, and I'd get bored with it.

From an infantry perspective, it seems as if the pounders were working together a little better on the 'jet maps' especially.  Maybe that's just folks venting a little pent up frustration though   Fixed AA was being used.  I saw more hits, but still only 50% of the time at absolute best.  All AA is feared now, its obvious in a few minutes of play.  Snipers are clearing AA (and Spec Ops too), but plenty of folks to fill the sights, as well as friendly snipers. 

At least initially, I'm not finding a lot to complain about, other than that the AA lock-ons are in fact.....maybe....just a little too quick.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6730|NJ

polarbearz wrote:

Once the carrier can read the heat signature. Same for all AA guns. A whiff of the heat signature is enough to kill.
Making it fair for the infantry
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6754|California

cpt.fass1 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

i found the best way to cope with it on wake is to bring your squad to the carrier, set up 10 claymores and shoot the phalanx with the M95, works until their commander arties us and all of his teammates lol
Well that's pretty much baserapping isn't it?
if your plane gets shot down and you land on the carrier to live, and then your squad spawns on you, yes
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6754|Melbourne, Australia
dat is o bs.. i seen a vid b4 of a jet going head on with another jet and right before they colided 1 jet moves slight to the side of the jet to go straight past him .. but this guy shot the missles and it did a full 180 and hit the other pilot ... its so pathetic..
cpt.fass1
+329|6730|NJ
Well then they should ton down the jet's missles as far as the AA is concerned I can't wait to play the patch.  And trust me on this pilots you keep getting those 10/1 kill ratio's they will make the AA even tougher.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6754|California

i personally want a hotfix, i would allow the AA to be a great lock, but decrease the power of the missiles some, so both hits would take you to just above red
Metallica-66
+0|6683|USA

polarbearz wrote:

Err. Looks like the only 'retard' in here is you. Taken your ritalin yet you little bastard child?

Planewh0res WHINE.

Planeusers find it a CHALLENGE and discuss. Although the discussion got lost halfway in the thread thanks to fucktards like you going' HAHAHA YOUR SCREWED NOW PLANEWHORES. LET ME FUK YOUR LEET KD RATIO'.

Soo... put your hand back in your pants and go play with yourself.
Wooooooooooooooo Polarretard is angry! Too funny!
cpt.fass1
+329|6730|NJ

stryyker wrote:

i personally want a hotfix, i would allow the AA to be a great lock, but decrease the power of the missiles some, so both hits would take you to just above red
I'd have to say that the reload time on the AA is too long for that to be a reasonable fix, even though it would take the pilots out of the game while they go fix up.  Two hits should take down a plane maybe they should just tweak the flares so they work better?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6754|California

Metallica-66 wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Err. Looks like the only 'retard' in here is you. Taken your ritalin yet you little bastard child?

Planewh0res WHINE.

Planeusers find it a CHALLENGE and discuss. Although the discussion got lost halfway in the thread thanks to fucktards like you going' HAHAHA YOUR SCREWED NOW PLANEWHORES. LET ME FUK YOUR LEET KD RATIO'.

Soo... put your hand back in your pants and go play with yourself.
you obvioulsy dont understand this arguement/discussion, please dont add to it with useless shit like this
squeeky1025
+2|6681
I've played with the patch and think everything is fair on the aa side, since they even dropped down the lock on range for air assets. Before you could lock on very far away but i didn't matter you couldn't hit SHIT anyways. Atlest now the planes have something to think about first. You will definately need ground support to advance. I like the patch overall and think it is now balanced in the air finally.

Last edited by squeeky1025 (2006-02-14 22:04:27)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well then they should ton down the jet's missles as far as the AA is concerned I can't wait to play the patch.  And trust me on this pilots you keep getting those 10/1 kill ratio's they will make the AA even tougher.
And even then you don't see the problem? Its not with AA its with the mentality of the players! Learn to counter a jet. In a jet.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

Metallica-66 wrote:

Jesus fucking christ how old are you?
cpt.fass1
+329|6730|NJ
learn to counter a jet in a jet. ok will say 16 people in a server 2 jets 2 helo's. not enough to go around my man. If jet's where used just to counter jets there wouldn't be a problem but they effect the ground game serverly. Also the dog fights are usually few and far between pilots go after easy kills before they go after other pilots. That's why the k/d ratio is so High.

The mentallity is in the right place there's going to be alot less constant bombings and base rapings cause the jet pilots are going to be more veary of the AA.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

Yup. But your statement clearly states if the jets continue raping they're going to raise the bar even higher?

I don't see AT and TOW rockets strengthened.
Metallica-66
+0|6683|USA

polarbearz wrote:

Metallica-66 wrote:

Jesus fucking christ how old are you?
enough to tell you to stop whining!!!!!!
cpt.fass1
+329|6730|NJ
Think about it, every "pilot" who has posted has a 8-14 k/d ratio in a jet. Most helio's have a 6 tops that I looked at. Which means when your flying a plane you have an unfair advantage to people on the ground. Ea is countering that with strengthened AA, now if the insane k/d ratio's keep going the way they are, EA will probably strengthen the AA again to make it fair for the other 12/32/60 people on the map. Numbers don't lie and right now it's showing that the pilot has a serverly high advantage.
As much as you enjoy flying there are many other people who enjoy the infanty aspect(which I think most people play the game for this, that's why there aren't all jet servers). And don't give me the play counterstrike BS cause I like the BF engine alot better with the vechicals. I also like the helo's and the jets, if you remember in BFV the jets didn't have a really strong role in the game. If I remember correctly there was only really one map with jets and they really didn't have such strong bombing potental, also the AA in that game countered them alot better(better flack). So bottom line I can see EA making the jets less usefull by getting ride of most bombing capabilities(which you would be happy about cause more dogfighting) or making AA stronger then it is now.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6797

This has officially turned into a flame fest
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6683|Hong Kong
i like buttsex
cpt.fass1
+329|6730|NJ

GotMex? wrote:

This has officially turned into a flame fest
I haven't flamed since 4 or 5 pages back I'm simply answering Polarz questions and warning him about possible steps EA will take in the future if the AA doesn't works.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6765|Michigan

squeeky1025 wrote:

I've played with the patch and think everything is fair on the aa side, since they even dropped down the lock on range for air assets. Before you could lock on very far away but i didn't matter you couldn't hit SHIT anyways. Atlest now the planes have something to think about first. You will definately need ground support to advance. I like the patch overall and think it is now balanced in the air finally.
Squeeky's first post... welcome.

I agree. The aa sites do not cover the whole map. You air whores crying... just find the best routs around them and try to catch em off guard. If you can manage to shoot from a long distance, take em out b4 you get in their missle lock. It can be done. It happened to squeeky!!!
This is supposed to be a teamwork game. Be a team player and work with your ground forces rather than bombing them allong with the enemy. It would be more affective if the commander and squad leaders could spot for you and ground forces can help take out aa sites.

Some are saying bf2 is becoming less of a game but... the truth is that bf2 is becoming what it was designed for........ "teamwork"
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6754|California

some people are flaming, im trying to counter that with discussing with people that will listed, i.e. cpt.fass1 and polarbearz
Shadowblade
+0|6681

polarbearz wrote:

Shadowblade wrote:

Bingo wrote:

Tell me...how the hell are you supposed to dodge that?  The guy in the video was taking evasive maneuvers AND shot his flares out.  As he so eloquently stated in the movie: WTF?!
.... HOW THE HELL CAN YOU EVEN CALL THAT EVASIVE MANEUVERS?.. All he did was he did a slow loop and dropped some flares... its obvious he got hit... and secondly.. he was turning INTO the AA missles arc.. so it had a shorter travel time....

addendum

who the hell climbs to get rid of missles?... they have made it so that you slow down when climbing...
And you would know so much with 28 kills in a jet?
but theres a difference, i dont like flying the jets (stopped flying them after all the shit that people do when you do manage to get one). And im not just talking from a game perspective, Ea and dice have tried their best to make this as realistic as possible...

that not withstanding

you got pwned because of just having no skill in evasives.
squeeky1025
+2|6681

spacebandit72 wrote:

This is supposed to be a teamwork game. Be a team player and work with your ground forces rather than bombing them allong with the enemy. It would be more affective if the commander and squad leaders could spot for you and ground forces can help take out aa sites.
I totally agree this just makes the Jets/Helis work more as teamwork than baseraping the airstrip/carriers they'll have to help out the ground troops to do any serious killing. BF2 WAS MADE FOR TEAMWORK NOT SINGLE ACE PILOTS *****TEAMWORK PEOPLE****** LOVE THE PATCH although the P90 Sucks ASS!!!

P.S. Thx for the props Spacebandit

Last edited by squeeky1025 (2006-02-14 22:59:36)

d3x74
+14|6681|NY
The new AA is just ridiculous. I was taking of from the carrier in Oman and I got killed by a stray IGLA. The new AA is however a blessing in disguise. Noobs just stay clear of aircrafts alltogether.

One tactic for surviving against these new AA missiles is to fly along with your wingman (the other jet pilot). Twice as many flares to drop.

Also drop flares only when you see the missiles closing in onto you, otherwise the flares drop too low and the missile locks on to you. Fly low and around trees and other structures, I have survived a few times by having the AA hit a building instead. Doing steep turns etc. does not work against these missiles from hell. I pulled of a 360 by clipping my wing against a pole and lo and behold the damn missile does a 360 too and still hits me in the ass.

Also fly around enemy helicopters when you get a missile lock. Use it as a shield. Force em to team kill a helo chocked full of thier teammates. They'll be less trigger happy with the AA after that experience.

The AA sites respawn every 20-25 odd seconds. So one tactic is for one pilot to focus on the AA in that location, while the other rapes the ground units and then swap roles then hightail it back to the base.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard