Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6465|Tyne & Wear, England

jord wrote:

Simon wrote:

jord wrote:

Nice one, you tall or what? I was fairly small and I was still within the top 5 fastest at my school...
Tall and wirey (wiry?), I have a very fast metabolic rate - so whatever I eat (alteast for now ), I won't get fat. Although that also means its hard for me to gain muscle mass.
Same, I make myself 5 bread sandwiches throughout the day and don't think I'm putting on weight.
I hate you both (See post 11)
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
I put on weight quite fast, but I can lose it faster if I do anything that resembles exercise.

I never liked Cross Country and shit, found it boring. I wasn't bad at it, but I prefer running with a purpose. Like in football or cricket etc..
avman633
+116|6366

kptk92 wrote:

I did a Cross Country event in 2004, came almost near last. Luckily, a fat kid from another school was there.
I'm that fat kid so, no I don't run
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK

stkhoplite wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

stkhoplite wrote:

You must love simon

Or die
wat

Simon > You
Simon > Me > You > Chocolate Potatoe samwich *om nom nom*
agreed.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london

Simon wrote:

stkhoplite wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

wat

Simon > You
Simon > Me > You > Chocolate Potatoe samwich *om nom nom*
agreed.
no
jrav091
+8|5977|Northeast, USA

Simon wrote:

Tall and wirey (wiry?), I have a very fast metabolic rate - so whatever I eat (alteast for now ), I won't get fat. Although that also means its hard for me to gain muscle mass.
haha yeah i am 100lbs and im a hs runner...its really sad for me lol
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
I used to run cross country in several competitions, but then I slowly began to realize that it was rather boring and monotonous... and I stopped enjoying it. I always figured it would be nice if you could have a game-boy with you, or some sort of console...

... So then I just cut out the middle-part and hopped straight to playing games . Parties, girls and lazing is far more fun than running and athleticism nowadays!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6237|United Kingdom

jrav091 wrote:

mitch212k_2 wrote:

I need to start, need to train for a 5k run and i've never done distance before .... any tips for training? I got an indoor rowing machine and am thinking of running for 20/30 minutes in the mornings before i have breakfast.
Where do you live? If weather permitting, get outdoors as much as you can for some long runs. In the beginning, do about 2-3 miles a day. Like 25-35 min depending on your pace. Then, try to increase your mileage and rigor of course that you run on. Example, tackle a few hills, and try to get onto some rough terrain. Also, increase your runs to 60-70 min or 7-8 miles. These will be your longer runs. Running outdoors is the only way you are going to improve, indoor training isn't to great lol. Let me know if you need any more help though.
Yeah well as i said i'm thinking of starting doing some light running in the mornings.... i just need to br ready for the 5k/3mile run.

You got msn jrav or ... ?
jrav091
+8|5977|Northeast, USA

Simon wrote:

I try to run every day since I quite enjoy it - used to be in the cross-country team for my school, stopped a while ago though.
Anyone got any tips on how to boost stamina?
Keep running
Brasso
+1,549|6632

XC, we run a standard boys 5K.  (~3.2 or 3.1 miles)

On Track I throw shot, jav, and disc.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
dave_the_rave23
psn - do_one_ya_mug
+41|5981
once i ran 8.11 seconds on 100 meter sprint , on track and field for the ps1.
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6447|EE Chat
In track I run hurdles and high jump.
#1 in my county for high jump(about 75 people)
#3 in my county for hurdles (about 115 people)
Brasso
+1,549|6632

Reddhedd wrote:

Nice.  I thought high jumping would be awesome, because I had the highest vertical jump in my grade.  But I didn't get the technique right, and the first time I tried it, cleared the bar....and landed on my neck/head.  The world went black for about 20 seconds and I couldn't hear anything.  I was so traumatized by that I never tried it again.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
jrav091
+8|5977|Northeast, USA

haffeysucks wrote:

Reddhedd wrote:

Nice.  I thought high jumping would be awesome, because I had the highest vertical jump in my grade.  But I didn't get the technique right, and the first time I tried it, cleared the bar....and landed on my neck/head.  The world went black for about 20 seconds and I couldn't hear anything.  I was so traumatized by that I never tried it again.
lol...yeah its awesome how ppl do that stuff...as i said b4 i only run...i dunno how the jumpers and pv'lters do it...its sickk lol
Brasso
+1,549|6632

jrav091 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Reddhedd wrote:

lol...yeah its awesome how ppl do that stuff...as i said b4 i only run...i dunno how the jumpers and pv'lters do it...its sickk lol
Yeah.  Our star runner, Mike Levene, is amazing.  4:18 mile.  Google Michael Levene Joel Barlow.
jrav091
+8|5977|Northeast, USA

dave_the_rave23 wrote:

um...8.11 for a legit 100m sprint? b/c the world record is 9.74m by Asafa Powell of Jamaica...

Asafa Powell's 100m world record run of 9.74 seconds in Rieti, Italy, last summer, appeared to have given him the nod over World Championships decathlon silver meda00llist Maurice Smith for the title of 2007 Sportsman of the Year in what turned out to be a tight race.
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/h … L_EDGE.asp
^^ thats the real article...i think what you ran mightve been a wrong distance lol

Last edited by jrav091 (2008-02-02 09:58:52)

Brasso
+1,549|6632

jrav091 wrote:

dave_the_rave23 wrote:

um...8.11 for a legit 100m sprint? b/c the world record is 9.74m by Asafa Powell of Jamaica...

Asafa Powell's 100m world record run of 9.74 seconds in Rieti, Italy, last summer, appeared to have given him the nod over World Championships decathlon silver meda00llist Maurice Smith for the title of 2007 Sportsman of the Year in what turned out to be a tight race.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/h … L_EDGE.asp
^^ thats the real article...i think what you ran mightve been a wrong distance lol
Yeah that's fucking bull. 

I ran a 40 yd dash in 5.06 and that's far from good.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

jrav091 wrote:

So yeah just for fun, anyone wanna start putting up Personal Records (PR's)?
I'll start with mine (which are pretty sad actually lol)
800M: 2.48 (en-route indoor 1600M run)
1600M: 5:58 (indoor)
5K (3.1miles): 21.29
Mine
800: 2.05 (Definitely going to beat that this year, its really bad)
5k: 17.34 (Ugh, I've never run a good 5k when its not off-season)
jrav091
+8|5977|Northeast, USA

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Mine
800: 2.05 (Definitely going to beat that this year, its really bad)
5k: 17.34 (Ugh, I've never run a good 5k when its not off-season)
wow thats beastly...our best @ our school is 2:08.9 for 800m and 17:24 for 5K
jrav091
+8|5977|Northeast, USA

Simon wrote:

jord wrote:

I can do short distance good. 100 in 12.4 if anyone sprints.
Around 12.9 was my best
wow those are pretty good times...
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

I could probably do track if it weren't for asthma.

Ultimate frisbee suffices, though.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
jrav091
+8|5977|Northeast, USA

cowami wrote:

I could probably do track if it weren't for asthma.

Ultimate frisbee suffices, though.
omg ultimate frisbee is the SHITTT lol i love ultimate frisbee
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland

jord wrote:

11.0 is my best.
I'm a 400m runner, didnt train for a year n ran a new PB of 50.6 last summer, thean in the second heat did a 50.8. Almost died lol.
When the football seasons over I'll get back to training.

Oh n I came 3rd at the nationals a few years ago
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA

jrav091 wrote:

I saw that thread on walking so i wanted to see, do we have any cross country or track athletes here? Or do we have anyone that does road races? Or anyone that just runs for fun?

I personally am on a cross country and track team. XC = 5K, Track i run the 1600M (1mile) and 3200M (2mile)
same, but substitute 3200m for 800m. i don't know why but i never was able to master the 32.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

bennisboy wrote:

jord wrote:

11.0 is my best.
I'm a 400m runner, didnt train for a year n ran a new PB of 50.6 last summer, thean in the second heat did a 50.8. Almost died lol.
When the football seasons over I'll get back to training.

Oh n I came 3rd at the nationals a few years ago
11? WTH is wrong with you steroid boy!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard