konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6560|CH/BR - in UK

Steam is charging $70 for a copy of CoD4 whilst you can buy the same game off of amazon.com for only $50. What makes steam so special? Why can they rip us off like that?

It's fucking ridiculous!

-konfusion
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

Its only a rip off if its ur only option. Granted, it is very silly of them.

Last edited by liquidat0r (2008-01-30 09:58:49)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6556
Buy it off amazon then?
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6503|N. Ireland
STEAM haven't yet reduced their prices. If people are still buying it, what is the problem? You are paying for the ease of never having to find a CD (or risk damaging it) and also it will be attached to your account forever. On a more positive note, I'm sure STEAM will indefinitely reduce their prices.
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

kylef wrote:

STEAM haven't yet reduced their prices. If people are still buying it, what is the problem? You are paying for the ease of never having to find a CD (or risk damaging it) and also it will be attached to your account forever. On a more positive note, I'm sure STEAM will indefinitely reduce their prices.
This must be a european thing. In the US it is the same.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6556
If you log into steam it says $49.95 right on the store tab.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6560|CH/BR - in UK

kylef wrote:

When you pay for the ease of never having to find a CD, you're also paying for not getting a box with the manual etc. Therefore the production costs are lower. I'm not saying I'm buying it, since I beat the campaign already in a borrowed version, and do not think that the multiplayer is worth $50...

I'll buy it after I finish this year, and go to uni, probably...

-konfusion
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6503|N. Ireland

jsnipy wrote:

kylef wrote:

STEAM's prices are all in dollars, even for UK residents. (if that is what you mean)
Phrozenbot
+632|6626|do not disturb

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Yea must be an error.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6560|CH/BR - in UK

Phrozenbot wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Yea must be an error.
Says 70 on mine Oo

-konfusion
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6553|My head
Well it is 2 different prices for me.  On the mainpage it says 49.99 and then i click that link it says 49.99.  When I click your link it says 69.99.  Thats odd. How did you get to that link?
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6560|CH/BR - in UK

Snowmanimal wrote:

Well it is 2 different prices for me.  On the mainpage it says 49.99 and then i click that link it says 49.99.  When I click your link it says 69.99.  Thats odd. How did you get to that link?
It's in my steam store window - copy pasted the link from there.

-konfusion
Phrozenbot
+632|6626|do not disturb

konfusion wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Yea must be an error.
Says 70 on mine Oo

-konfusion
https://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/Phrozenbot/steam.png

Steam is crap
mikkel
+383|6611
To be honest, STEAM prices should always be at least ten percent lower than in-store prices. Cutting the distribution link for even a half-way popular game cuts the total expenses in half. They could at least pass on some of the savings to the users through more than just the occasional five dollars off. As long as there are game publishers publishers in the loop, though, they'll make sure they get a cut of any sale, online or offline.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6536|Milkystania, yurop
They are just in it 4 the money? and they don't give a shit about you as long as they can afford their mistress and the vacation in Monaco

-Magpie
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6445
I think it's $70 in the EU. It is still for me at least and the package is "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (EU)". With VAT though it comes to $82.19 which is ridiculous. I bought the game from HMV for just £35. One of the main perks of Steam when buying games was that they would be cheaper as the publisher wouldn't have to buy shelf space or manufacture physical boxes, manuals and disks. A lot of things on steam are reasonably priced though. In particular the GTA complete pack which totals at $43.45 at the moment or the id super pack which is $70.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6541
I must be retarted or something since I bought it off steam for 49.95 couple days ago.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

konfusion wrote:

kylef wrote:

When you pay for the ease of never having to find a CD, you're also paying for not getting a box with the manual etc. Therefore the production costs are lower. I'm not saying I'm buying it, since I beat the campaign already in a borrowed version, and do not think that the multiplayer is worth $50...

I'll buy it after I finish this year, and go to uni, probably...

-konfusion
lol dont think the multiplayer is worth a measly 25 quid? Are you fucking kidding me? Cinema ticket = £4 = maximum 1hour entertainment/pound. This game is worth more than 25 hours of entertainment...
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6503|N. Ireland

Vilham wrote:

lol dont think the multiplayer is worth a measly 25 quid? Are you fucking kidding me? Cinema ticket = £4 = maximum 1hour entertainment/pound. This game is worth more than 25 hours of entertainment...
I like your views, Vilham
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

kylef wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

kylef wrote:

STEAM's prices are all in dollars, even for UK residents. (if that is what you mean)
No I mean here there is no price difference between what retailers sell vs steam.
Christbane
+51|6245
i love the   "one of the deepest online shooters of all time"  on the steam page.   about as deep as the kiddie pool.    fun game... but deep?  lmao.
Jackabo
+127|6568|Dublin, Ireland
well in all fairness, you don't have to go out to the shops and buy it.

-Jackabo
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.
I got it on hard copy.

No download time.
No assing about if steam fucks up.
Solid game copy, can take to friends houses.
Manual. Don't really care, sometimes I do for weapons guides and shit.
Real money transaction. For the paranoid amongst us.
motherdear
+25|6661|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)

kylef wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

kylef wrote:

well my steam account is registered in Denmark and i know it's more expensive there from chats with friends over there (it's the same in the UK) that is 70$. but at the moment i'm residing in the US and i bought it for 50$, so i assume that they use the IP address where you order it from, since there clearly is a difference between the US and UK prices.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6587|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

jord wrote:

I got it on hard copy.

No download time.
No assing about if steam fucks up.
Solid game copy, can take to friends houses.
Manual. Don't really care, sometimes I do for weapons guides and shit.
Real money transaction. For the paranoid amongst us.
haha, so im not the only paranoid out there who GOT to have a hard copy of their game, still feel like shit from not having AF and EF hard copy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard